Sponsored by:

30 Days From Lock - Change My Mind

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2022 | 08:29 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBird
This is my build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNW63VM0

I opted for many of the same options recommended here. I decided to go with the $0 wheels - I was seriously tempted by the Carrera Classic wheels, but in the end I decided to add the adaptive cruise control, glass sunroof and brushed aluminum trim figuring these couldn't be added aftermarket whereas wheels could.

I tried to absorbed the variety of opinions offered in this forum and, while many are helpful, mostly it came down to personal preference and (at least for me) budget. I think I over-optioned this a bit for a base model but still came in at 20% - I was trying for closer to 15% but hopefully it all won't matter when the car arrives in mid-July (fingers crossed)
your car build is similar to mine starting with color - main difference - you choose leather interior (excellent choice) while I got the exclusive wheels. Nice build and agree wheels can be easily changed later - most other options not.
Old 05-05-2022 | 09:00 PM
DodoBird
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tobeit
your car build is similar to mine starting with color - main difference - you choose leather interior (excellent choice) while I got the exclusive wheels. Nice build and agree wheels can be easily changed later - most other options not.
If you can, share your build code...I always like to see what options are important to other folks in this forum
Old 05-05-2022 | 09:10 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBird
If you can, share your build code...I always like to see what options are important to other folks in this forum
mine is 2020 and I don’t have the build code, just window sticker.
Old 05-05-2022 | 10:00 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Got my car April 2021 with a 5% discount off MSRP in three months give or take.

GR after I decided not to pursue PTS and a 6 month or more delay. I was glad the aerokit wasn't available as I find it ugly and of no use for any kind of driving I'm likely to make and allowed me to get $6k worth of other goodies.

Car is being driven all year round (from 85F to -40F and below), and I'm about 180 miles or so from the arctic circle so options outfitted with that in mind and the fact that I do all my own work on my stable (2020 Macan S, 2008 V8 Touareg, 2012 Gehl Turbo Diesel skid steer).

I missed out on the fact that Nokian studded tires were not available when I needed them and I ended up getting Michelin Alpin which I am definitely not impressed with after one disastrous winter (climate wise). Spare rims are OZ Racing black from Tire Rack.

siberian

Old 05-06-2022 | 12:26 AM
EZ E
Pro

IMHO I would be careful where and how you spend money. Base cars can be loaded with a lot of dead money. I'd pass on a base build because you'll always want what's above you performance wise. I'd save to get an S. Better return on money spent and better car. My lock is in about 61 days!!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGZPNN4
Old 05-06-2022 | 12:28 AM
undersky2
Instructor

Anyone can tick every option under the sun. Your restrained build on the other hand is sensible and probably the best build I have ever seen on this forum. Best in terms of balancing sportiness, luxury, and price. I built a car very similar to this. Only feedback would be getting the exhausts in silver to match the color of wheels and decal.

Quick Reply: 30 Days From Lock - Change My Mind