Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

30 Days From Lock - Change My Mind

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2022 | 09:38 AM
JiminyGl!ck
Banned

Originally Posted by Keadog
3. The Turbo wheels are forged, not cast, but that's a pretty big % of your options total. You can always change wheels; options not so much. Therefore:
Originally Posted by Kurac
Ditch LCA and the turbo wheels. Wheels are a personal preference obviously but I don’t think they look $4K better.
I’d consider the standard Carrera S rims. I just saved you thousands.
Yes, I realize that the wheels can be a bit contentious and I recognize the irony of putting 4k wheels on a base car. However, it's such an iconic look! You show a picture of those wheels (just the wheels) to your elderly grandmother - the one with the cataracts - and even she knows they're from a Porsche! Plus, to be frankly honest, I really don't like the rest of the wheel selection. All these morons on here clamoring for the Spyder wheels - ugh! Have some taste! If I didn't go with these wheels, I'd go with the free option and look in the aftermarket. So I choose to go with the iconic Porsche look of the Turbo wheels instead.
Old 05-05-2022 | 09:53 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JiminyGl!ck
PNSUTHL8
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNSUTHL8

I'm roughly 30 days from lock. Getting this car at MSRP, been waiting since September 2021 and it's my first Porsche. I think I'm fairly set on the options. But I'm willing to consider a couple changes and highly considering the PEC ATL delivery experience.

You guys know what to do!
Its perfect . I wouldn't touch a thing . You picked the color, wheels, options and have the right balance of performance and comfort . Its priced ideally. You are all good to go.
Old 05-05-2022 | 10:18 AM
JiminyGl!ck
Banned

Oh, and lots of builds lock before the stated date; several of mine have.
That's good to know, thank you. I'll have to watch TYD very closely.
Old 05-05-2022 | 10:52 AM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

PNSUTHL8
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNSUTHL8

I'm roughly 30 days from lock. Getting this car at MSRP, been waiting since September 2021 and it's my first Porsche. I think I'm fairly set on the options. But I'm willing to consider a couple changes and highly considering the PEC ATL delivery experience.

You guys know what to do!
I like your build. I like that you did not spec a sunroof. Consider the 930 Interior Package, it harkens back to old school interiors and breaks up the plain door and seat back panels. Also, consider the free "smokers package" - all it is is a cup-like ashtray that sits in the cup holder. I'm not a smoker but got it as a free Porsche paperweight. Some won't get it simply because they think it will negatively impact resale, but I don't buy this. I do buy that a smokers car can impact resale, but not the mere fact of spec’ing the smokers package. These cars need (should) to have a PPI when used and it is easy to tell if the car was owned by a smoker.

Last edited by icanthelpit; 05-05-2022 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-05-2022 | 10:57 AM
JiminyGl!ck
Banned

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
I like your build. I like that you did not spec a sunroof. Consider the 930 Interior Package, it harkens back to old school interiors and breaks up the plain door and seat back panels. Also, consider the free "smokers package" - all it is is a cup-like ashtray that sits in the cup holder. I'm not a smoker but got it as a free Porsche paperweight. Some won't get it simply because they think it will negatively impact resale, but I don't buy this. I do buy that a smokers car can impact resale, but not the mere fact of spec’ing the smokers package. These cars need (should) to have a PPI when used and it is easy to tell if the car was owned by a smoker.
Oh thats a very interesting idea. Do have a pic of the ashtray? Would love to see it.
Old 05-05-2022 | 11:28 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Yes, I realize that the wheels can be a bit contentious and I recognize the irony of putting 4k wheels on a base car. However, it's such an iconic look! You show a picture of those wheels (just the wheels) to your elderly grandmother - the one with the cataracts - and even she knows they're from a Porsche! Plus, to be frankly honest, I really don't like the rest of the wheel selection. All these morons on here clamoring for the Spyder wheels - ugh! Have some taste! If I didn't go with these wheels, I'd go with the free option and look in the aftermarket. So I choose to go with the iconic Porsche look of the Turbo wheels instead.
I get all that. I will say the Exclusive wheels with the added paint in on of the black options is the iconic P wheel, reminiscent of the Fuchs style that was THE Porsche wheel. The Turbo is nice but it is a recent not iconic P wheel.

Exclusives - with the black accents
The following users liked this post:
txpackers (05-06-2022)
Old 05-05-2022 | 11:35 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I get all that. I will say the Exclusive wheels with the added paint in on of the black options is the iconic P wheel, reminiscent of the Fuchs style that was THE Porsche wheel. The Turbo is nice but it is a recent not iconic P wheel.

Exclusives - with the black accents
I agree, from the OEM wheels this is my favorite. I have it in satin black, which makes that a $5k upgrade option...the price of some better priced 2 pcs forged wheels (like BC forged wheels).

Old 05-05-2022 | 11:58 AM
michaelp
Rennlist Member

My 2 cents, from a current C2 owner:
- Sport exhaust. It sounds really great. Silver tips to match the silver logos (or you could black those out).
- I have and prefer the Carrera S wheels
- Maybe 18 way seats, which do you find more comfortable? If you're gonna track / autocross get the 18s.
- Sunroof is a nice touch too, I have the non-glass one
- Add electric folding mirror and surround view (I regret not having these on my car) -- Would add the premium package to get them + some other goodies
- Power steering plus
- Porsche Crests on headrest (nice touch)
- Heated GT Sport Steering wheel
- Preparation for roof transport system
- You could offset some of the above costs by going with a standard interior. I haven't seen the slate, but you can't go wrong with black.

Here's the build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNHY6ZM3

Old 05-05-2022 | 12:01 PM
JiminyGl!ck
Banned

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I disagree. The Fuchs wheels are dated and you can't be iconic if you're dated. Besides, how can you consider something THE Porsche wheel if it's on every Beetle from the era??? Decidedly not iconic. Fuchs wheels are simply for people that don't love themselves.
Old 05-05-2022 | 12:22 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

I guess we have to agree to disagree then. Don't get me wrong. I love the look of the Turbo wheel. I just PERSONALLY think the Exclusives are the more iconic wheel and the Turbo wheel is more reminiscent of recent Porsches from the last 5-8 years.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=1980s+911+...ages&ia=images

Old 05-05-2022 | 12:29 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Oh thats a very interesting idea. Do have a pic of the ashtray? Would love to see it.
Just for you ;-)

This is all it is.
Attached Images    
Old 05-05-2022 | 12:39 PM
JiminyGl!ck
Banned

Just for you ;-)

This is all it is.
Thank you. That's kind of cool, I might go ahead and add that one as something to keep on my desk.
Old 05-05-2022 | 12:59 PM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Just for you ;-)

This is all it is.
I have pretty much the exact same thing that I kept from my Mercedes does that count ?

I have the PSE with black tips - which are actually black chrome NOT “black” ???

Don’t rely on TYD for lock in date - u may wake up one day and find out it’s done and there are no more changes allowed !!!!
Old 05-05-2022 | 04:39 PM
JiminyGl!ck
Banned

Oh, and lots of builds lock before the stated date; several of mine have.
Originally Posted by audi4t
Don’t rely on TYD for lock in date - u may wake up one day and find out it’s done and there are no more changes allowed !!!!
It's interesting that both of you posted this, I didn't know that was possible. However (ironically) I did check TYD today and my lock date has been extended by 5 days. All of my other dates remain the same but it looks like I have an extra 5 days to lock my build.
Old 05-05-2022 | 08:20 PM
DodoBird
Instructor

This is my build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNW63VM0

I opted for many of the same options recommended here. I decided to go with the $0 wheels - I was seriously tempted by the Carrera Classic wheels, but in the end I decided to add the adaptive cruise control, glass sunroof and brushed aluminum trim figuring these couldn't be added aftermarket whereas wheels could.

I tried to absorbed the variety of opinions offered in this forum and, while many are helpful, mostly it came down to personal preference and (at least for me) budget. I think I over-optioned this a bit for a base model but still came in at 20% - I was trying for closer to 15% but hopefully it all won't matter when the car arrives in mid-July (fingers crossed)

Quick Reply: 30 Days From Lock - Change My Mind