Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totaled cars on the Composer ... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 09:28 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Totaled cars on the Composer ... now what?

If your car was totally damaged on the Composer last month ... what have you heard from your SA / Porsche, or who ever about "now what"?
I'm concerned with the lack of chips, and other important parts which may not be available. I've heard nothing. ??
Old 04-26-2022, 09:56 PM
nv992gts
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I was given a new allocation with a delivery in August & this was what the dealer manager also confirmed over the phone. All seemed ok with a freeze date in about 28 days via TYD. However, today my car disappeared on TYD! My SA has yet to get back to me about what happened.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:03 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah ... I had a phone call from my SA asking if I wanted to add / subtract anything from my build. NO, just get it built !
No word since. No codes, no confirmation of when the car is going into production. Nothing,. The SA did say that he figured
the car may be here mid July / early August. But, I see there are many hold ups with chips, and other components. What
a mess this has turned out to be.
Wonder if anyone has any photos of the damaged cars??
Old 04-26-2022, 11:00 PM
Evolution1
Instructor

Received 218 Likes on 77 Posts

I received a new confirmation for my build on 4/18 the day after my SA had to broke the bad news that my car was totaled. C2cab in GR with Black/ Mojave Beige, my original order was Carrera white with Black interior.

Almost a year wait.

6/9 lock
7/1 production
8/26 delivery

Old 04-27-2022, 07:55 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,502 Likes on 937 Posts

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
Yeah ... I had a phone call from my SA asking if I wanted to add / subtract anything from my build. NO, just get it built !
No word since. No codes, no confirmation of when the car is going into production. Nothing,. The SA did say that he figured
the car may be here mid July / early August. But, I see there are many hold ups with chips, and other components. What
a mess this has turned out to be.
Wonder if anyone has any photos of the damaged cars??
Call dealer and get confirmation # on rebuild allocation. Call PorscheNA and provide confirmation #. Ask that TYD be activated for your My
Porsche account. Took about 30+ days for my vehicle to appear in TYD. Options PCCB, PDCC and Aero reportedly unavailable.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:15 AM
Kansas32
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I was “lucky”. Mine was slightly damaged and is to be fixed at the port. No word from anyone connected with Porsche on what was damaged and no word on the ETA. TYD shows 1/6/23
Old 04-27-2022, 09:32 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,502 Likes on 937 Posts

Originally Posted by Kansas32
I was “lucky”. Mine was slightly damaged and is to be fixed at the port. No word from anyone connected with Porsche on what was damaged and no word on the ETA. TYD shows 1/6/23
Are you going to seek “diminished value” compensation from Porsche arising from the loss in resale value because the vehicle was repaired following an accident?
Old 04-27-2022, 10:58 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by Kansas32
I don't know this to be a fact, but I have heard that no repair needs to be disclosed if it is carried out before the Mulroney is printed. Do not remember the source but maybe someone smarter here knows if that's true or BS.

An interesting story: In 1998 my wife and I were picking up her latest A6 wagon and our SA had his just delivered '98 C2S being prepped in the shop (Porsche/Audi dealer at the time). It was a lease; I told him then I would buy it off the 3 year lease if he wasn't keeping it. Fast forward to 2001 and I bought it from him with 20K miles. Then in 2005, I sold it. One of the prospective buyers came over with a paint meter and asked about the repair. The right rear quarter panel was twice as thick as the rest of the car. I called my SA (who I had dealt with for 2 decades by then) and he sounded so surprised I would have believed him even if I hadn't before calling. There was no record of any body work on the car. He said "must have been repaired before we got it". Or maybe the painting wasn't as precise in the 993 era. But the readings were all within 1 mil on the rest of the car.
Old 04-27-2022, 11:36 AM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
I don't know this to be a fact, but I have heard that no repair needs to be disclosed if it is carried out before the Mulroney is printed. Do not remember the source but maybe someone smarter here knows if that's true or BS.

An interesting story: In 1998 my wife and I were picking up her latest A6 wagon and our SA had his just delivered '98 C2S being prepped in the shop (Porsche/Audi dealer at the time). It was a lease; I told him then I would buy it off the 3 year lease if he wasn't keeping it. Fast forward to 2001 and I bought it from him with 20K miles. Then in 2005, I sold it. One of the prospective buyers came over with a paint meter and asked about the repair. The right rear quarter panel was twice as thick as the rest of the car. I called my SA (who I had dealt with for 2 decades by then) and he sounded so surprised I would have believed him even if I hadn't before calling. There was no record of any body work on the car. He said "must have been repaired before we got it". Or maybe the painting wasn't as precise in the 993 era. But the readings were all within 1 mil on the rest of the car.
Just curious if you happen to know what a lease on a 993 was back then...
Old 04-27-2022, 05:18 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBen
Just curious if you happen to know what a lease on a 993 was back then...
No idea. But I paid $58K in 2001 on a car that stickered around $70 or so (maybe a little more; don't remember) and sold in 4 years later for $47K. I felt like it was a good deal at the time but...
Arena Red over grey; front and rear aero kits, aluminum gauges, M030, motor sound and turbo twist wheels. It might be worth a little more now.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:01 AM
Kansas32
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Hard to say. The damage might be no big deal, but not knowing what it is makes it difficult to deal with.

Quick Reply: Totaled cars on the Composer ... now what?