DSG Paddles

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 06:21 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^ Call Suncoast and ask them.
Did... the corn-fusion is that instead of leaving the 992 version up with an out of stock or back order message, it diverts to the 991 part.

Old 04-30-2022, 02:48 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by Yojeffo
Did... the corn-fusion is that instead of leaving the 992 version up with an out of stock or back order message, it diverts to the 991 part.
I will send you pictures when I receive and install them next week so we can see how much it may block the Clusters and I will give my objective opinion on these

Old 05-01-2022, 10:11 PM
Skarz
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 62 Posts

I got my black gloss carbon fiber ones from suncoast, and confirm that they fit perfect one the sport wheel with the sc button. They feel great and are highly functional. They look the same as the red ones the OP posted, except they are gloss carbon fiber and do not have the “+” or “-“ signs. I really like how they feel. However, they are a bit large. I usually have my hands at 10 and 2 (except when cruising on the hiway one of my hands are near 12. With my hands at 10 and 2, the paddles don’t really block more of the gauges than my hands do. I didn’t add pics as they would look just like the OP’s post. If they were a bit smaller and were matte, they would be perfect. At their size and with the gloss carbon (which matches nothing in the car), I am unsure if I will keep them on forever, as they look a bit out of place. But they are highly functional.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:06 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^Thanks for the info. Good to know they are functional and do not block any more of the cluster Mine should be here by Wed..

I am going to check them out ect before installation. I do have my reservations about the gloss CF but if the weave is a match than maybe they will not be so bad- we will see. If I do not like them they said they would take them back as long as do not install.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:18 AM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 295 Posts

These do look a tad large. Would love to try them in person.

My main complaint on the paddles is not so much the vertical height but how short they are from the rim of steering wheel. Wish they were just a tad longer. I feel I have to reach in too much for my liking.
The following users liked this post:
turbonator (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 05:20 AM
kgb_kgb
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Skarz
I got my black gloss carbon fiber ones from suncoast, and confirm that they fit perfect one the sport wheel with the sc button. They feel great and are highly functional. They look the same as the red ones the OP posted, except they are gloss carbon fiber and do not have the “+” or “-“ signs. I really like how they feel. However, they are a bit large. I usually have my hands at 10 and 2 (except when cruising on the hiway one of my hands are near 12. With my hands at 10 and 2, the paddles don’t really block more of the gauges than my hands do. I didn’t add pics as they would look just like the OP’s post. If they were a bit smaller and were matte, they would be perfect. At their size and with the gloss carbon (which matches nothing in the car), I am unsure if I will keep them on forever, as they look a bit out of place. But they are highly functional.
I would be interested in this if it was dry carbon !

maybe a group if anyone has contact for this .

Old 05-03-2022, 05:25 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Mine arrived today from Suncoast. I like them and have installed them. I will post pictures of them installed when it stops pouring out so I can take the car out of garage, which has terrible lighting, for my camera phone. I leave for a business trip in the AM so may have to wait until Sunday

These are very nicely made and a perfect fit. The size is perfect and does not further block any of the dashboard screens. I am also glad they do not have a colored (+/-) on the paddles because it would not look right because the OEM paddles already have them indicated.
The weave is a perfect match( although the picture below is not that great) and the feel is excellent when you grab them. The most important thing is I do not think the Glossy CF takes away from the way they look. It kind of makes them stand out a little. Would I prefer the Matte- sure, but not at all disappointed with the gloss so function first.. Actually- what is more disappointing is the shiny black pieces that surround the PDK shifter but so glad DB Carbon resolved that issue with their CF trim pieces

Last edited by Jimmy-D; 05-03-2022 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:32 PM
Char1982
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Mine arrived today from Suncoast. I like them and have installed them. I will post pictures of them installed when it stops pouring out so I can take the car out of garage, which has terrible lighting, for my camera phone. I leave for a business trip in the AM so may have to wait until Sunday

These are very nicely made and a perfect fit. The size is perfect and does not further block any of the dashboard screens. I am also glad they do not have a colored (+/-) on the paddles because it would not look right because the OEM paddles already have them indicated.
The weave is a perfect match( although the picture below is not that great) and the feel is excellent when you grab them. The most important thing is I do not think the Glossy CF takes away from the way they look. It kind of makes them stand out a little. Would I prefer the Matte- sure, but not at all disappointed with the gloss so function first.. Actually- what is more disappointing is the shiny black pieces that surround the PDK shifter but so glad DB Carbon resolved that issue with their CF trim pieces

can we please get a photo of the steering wheel with them installed? 😁
Old 05-03-2022, 11:16 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Here you go but in my garage at night:

The following users liked this post:
Char1982 (05-03-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 01:18 AM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
The Porsche paddles are pretty perfect as-is when it comes to balance and feel. Larger paddles are typically part of a column mounted set up. If you have wheel mounted paddles this large, you'll quickly find yourself frustrated with limited access to your blinker and wiper controls.
100% true. I’d love to hear the conditions where these would need to be used. Certainly not needed if your hands are in the correct position while driving. Definitely not needed if you are driving correctly.

Nobody needs to change gears at such a sharp steering angle. By the time you are turning this much, your shifting should be completely done. This is the case on the road and the track. Maybe there is a third category?

If someone wants to use these, it’s their right to do so. It’s their car. However, there is no need for these, when driving properly.

If the purpose of these is for aesthetics, to each their own. Go for it.

However, there is zero need in terms of aiding in shifting. If your driving style requires these, you’re doing it wrong.

I’m not trying to sound like a jerk (although, I know that it can easily be perceived this way). I just cannot say it any other way. This product isn’t filling a need in the market.

Porsche got this one right.

Last edited by jnkirk1974; 05-04-2022 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:21 PM
Skarz
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 62 Posts

Completely disagree. We are all different. With my hands at 10 and 2,my hands do not contact the stock paddles. I guess for me Porsche did not get it right, and I am pretty sure I know how to drive properly. Why do some people think they know it all and act like jerks?
Old 05-04-2022, 08:49 PM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 125 Posts

Yes, we are all different, but there is still a right way and wrong way to do things. Porsche designed them correctly.

Problem #1:
Originally Posted by Skarz
With my hands at 10 and 2
If your hands don't touch the factory paddles, it's because you don't have them at 9 and 3.

So, all these aftermarket paddles do is encourage bad habits and prevent you from seeing more of your instrument cluster.

Doing it the right way will save you money.

Last edited by jnkirk1974; 05-05-2022 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-05-2022, 10:20 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 134 Posts

These are the paddles by Raceseng (https://raceseng.com) that I have on my 991.2. They are perfect for function, quality and esthetics. I believe they come in red, black and racing yellow. Yes to all the haters, they make shifting that much better. Problem is Raceseng will not make them for the 992. They appear to be shorter than the Suncoast product which looks and works better. The DSG paddles look to be the same length as Raceseng.

Quick Reply: DSG Paddles