Sponsored by:

992 Coupe Build Critique

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 01:06 AM
tejstar01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 992 Coupe Build Critique

Hello Everyone, I have decided to go ahead and get another 911 instead of going the electric Taycan route, just not ready to go all electric yet! Please let me know your thoughts especially on the interior color matching up with the exterior color? I wanted something a little different instead of going with the usual all black interior. Also I passed on the sports exhaust as I really do not like the oval tips I like the quad black tips much better and if I need more sound later I know I can have Porsche activate the valves and or just get something aftermarket.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKAE297

Old 04-21-2022, 01:44 AM
pandarex
Track Day

Received 38 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw your build with aerokit. Is it possible? because im building my GTS and in my country (Indonesia) said it will delay the production until further information.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:46 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

Unlikely to get an Aerokit.

And I can't help much after that. It's S pricing on a base 992 with way too much non-performance options. I'm sure the dealer and Porsche will gladly take the $$, there is so much margin on this build.
The following users liked this post:
yrralis1 (04-21-2022)
Old 04-21-2022, 09:59 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Unlikely to get an Aerokit.

And I can't help much after that. It's S pricing on a base 992 with way too much non-performance options. I'm sure the dealer and Porsche will gladly take the $$, there is so much margin on this build.

^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^

1) Nearly 140K and 4 way seats
2) So much aesthetic fluff
3) Sunroof and aero kit ?
3) Dialsand belts and stitch -- different colors = like a salad

Its aesthetic overkill.
Old 04-21-2022, 10:55 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Looks nice to me as is. Just go for it, it's the build you want, though... the 18 way seats are like a dream!!! I'd suggest them instead of 4 ways if they're in your budget.
Old 04-21-2022, 11:00 AM
brainzito
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 118 Posts

20k too expensive...
You'll get killed on resale, other than that, to each their own
Old 04-21-2022, 02:47 PM
tejstar01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the input guys yes I thought it may have too much interior stuff also for the base. However when you look at what’s for sale right now used even the base models are going for even more with less equipment! Either way when the market finally corrects and things do get back to normal with the supply chain issues then yes all these overpriced cars will take a dive. I do plan on keeping the car for a very long time though. Here is my updated build to get closer to 130K, I can actually get right there if I just opt for the standard interior but I do like the leather on the dash and door panels so here I opted for the std interior with just the leather package. I dumped the colored chrono and tach dials, also got rid of the race Tex roof and sun visors and changed the wheels to the ones I actually like better I will get these done myself in powder coated satin black. I absolutely want the aerokit I think it’s looks really good and searching on the forum here it looks like they restarted building these again for the 2022 model, hope so or that may completely change my plans and I may just get the base Targa at that point if I can’t get it.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNSVB6H4

Last edited by tejstar01; 04-21-2022 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-21-2022, 04:27 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by tejstar01
Thanks for the input guys yes I thought it may have too much interior stuff also for the base. However when you look at what’s for sale right now used even the base models are going for even more with less equipment! Either way when the market finally corrects and things do get back to normal with the supply chain issues then yes all these overpriced cars will take a dive. I do plan on keeping the car for a very long time though. Here is my updated build to get closer to 130K, I can actually get right there if I just opt for the standard interior but I do like the leather on the dash and door panels so here I opted for the std interior with just the leather package. I dumped the colored chrono and tach dials, also got rid of the race Tex roof and sun visors and changed the wheels to the ones I actually like better I will get these done myself in powder coated satin black. I absolutely want the aerokit I think it’s looks really good and searching on the forum here it looks like they restarted building these again for the 2022 model, hope so or that may completely change my plans and I may just get the base Targa at that point if I can’t get it.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNSVB6H4
Check with your SA, I believe the Aerokit is currently stop sale.

Quick Reply: 992 Coupe Build Critique