Sponsored by:

Radar Detector Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 02:51 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
Look at this website...which is the official US distributor of AL Priority. Scroll down to the second line below "Requirements"....I am not putting out misinformation, just what is listed on their website.

https://www.alpriorityusa.com/TX-Laser-Sensors.html
i’m very familiar with the website and have been ever since the product came out in 2014. let me ask you something. Do you think possibly testers and uses of this product might know a few things? I know quite a few people (including myself) that run and test these heads in every type of set up with every type of LiDAR gun. We know what works and what doesn’t work. Do you think possibly, maybe the website is generic and not detailed? Is that possible? I’m done here. I regret coming to this thread.
Old 07-31-2022, 03:08 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 768 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Patton250
i’m very familiar with the website and have been ever since the product came out in 2014. let me ask you something. Do you think possibly testers and uses of this product might know a few things? I know quite a few people (including myself) that run and test these heads in every type of set up with every type of LiDAR gun. We know what works and what doesn’t work. Do you think possibly, maybe the website is generic and not detailed? Is that possible? I’m done here. I regret coming to this thread.
I am also very familiar with these products and testing them going all the way back in the days of Laser Interceptor/Blinder way before ALP even came on the scene, including being involved in some of the first tests of Laser Interceptor with the problematic laser gun...I don't bother with them anymore because I have some very solid PBA shields which get me out of anything. You have installed the device outside the manufacturers recommendations and you know it works on your car with extensive testing. It may not work in another installation if the heads are not placed exactly as they are in your car; the average user will have a very hard time gaining access to multiple laser guns for testing purposes, much less the gun that necessitates the TX head in the first place.

Last edited by malba2366; 07-31-2022 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-31-2022, 03:52 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by malba2366
I am also very familiar with these products and testing them going all the way back in the days of Laser Interceptor/Blinder way before ALP even came on the scene, including being involved in some of the first tests of Laser Interceptor with the problematic laser gun...I don't bother with them anymore because I have some very solid PBA shields which get me out of anything. You have installed the device outside the manufacturers recommendations and you know it works on your car with extensive testing. It may not work in another installation if the heads are not placed exactly as they are in your car; the average user will have a very hard time gaining access to multiple laser guns for testing purposes, much less the gun that necessitates the TX head in the first place.
Well then you know very well it doesn’t matter how they set them up if it doesn’t get tested it more than likely will be defeated against a particular brand of LiDAR gun. This whole argument started because it was claimed that the new TX heads still had to be a certain height off the ground and that’s just not true now. The manufacturer also states you don’t need (or can’t use) two TX heads and in most cases that’s not true either. Now look please stop sucking me back into this thread. Lol. I didn’t mean any offense to you and I hope you understand that. I just can’t stand misinformation on the second biggest hobby I have. I own two of the guns I am referring to and have hundreds of hours of testing with them on tons of different configurations.
Old 07-31-2022, 08:53 PM
Mmade992
Racer

Received 274 Likes on 130 Posts

ALP is the the way to go if you want to defeat ALL lidar guns. DSP is on par with any other radar detectors available today. Brother you need the stealth look on a Porsche. Tell me where my set up is.:-) I have two TX and two RX up front and the same in the back. Also my DSP are in the bumpers both back and front. I have 100% JTG and JFG against all guns. You should see what the control board is and the computer. It’s just ridiculous how beautiful of a job they did. I’m going to do a video on it one day. Maybe I’ll do it today.

Amazing install!! Wow! Those guys have the skills to make these laser heads completely invisible. Is the TX sensor in the middle below the factory radar for the ACC?

After installing this system for the third time on the Cayenne, this will be my last install of this setup.

Paying the pros on this situation is well worth the money then spending two long days doing it myself. Finished up the rear today.

The following users liked this post:
Patton250 (07-31-2022)
Old 07-31-2022, 09:55 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Thanks man. No I have 2 TXs. They are hidden just below the blinker light. I’ll do a video soon.
Mmade992 (08-01-2022)
Old 08-01-2022, 07:39 AM
Mmade992
Racer

Received 274 Likes on 130 Posts

Thanks man. No I have 2 TXs. They are hidden just below the blinker light. I’ll do a video soon.

Oh that’s what’s hidden behind those fabricated pieces. Two Tx sensors in the front end of a sports car will guarantee you no tickets! I am sure that install wasn’t cheap but boy did those guys knock it out of the park on this one. It pays to bring the car to the right installer and I look forward to seeing the video.
Patton250 (08-01-2022)

Quick Reply: Radar Detector Suggestions