Sponsored by:

where's the sfl composer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 11:25 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by NewKidinTown

Buyers of high end used cars are becoming more savvy and don't rely on Carfax alone.
Anyone even slightly in the know has not relied on Carfax for the better part of a decade.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:38 AM
sg79
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally wouldn't mind getting a fixed up car especially given inflation, supply chain issues, and extreme shortage of cars. However, the car is clearly worth less after it's been damaged. It's a depreciated asset and should be valued as such.

Originally Posted by cucu
If there will indeed be paintwork and panel repairs, but nothing more significant, I'd accept it, but I would ask for a discount. I'm at MSRP now so let's say 5% would probably make me forget.

On the other hand, mine is a Macan S, somewhat less expensive than the 992s you guys have on the Composer.
Old 03-23-2022, 05:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by NewKidinTown
I have a 718 GTS and a 718 Spyder coming from this shipment. If either one has paintwork, I will want to refuse delivery and have my deposit refunded unless there is a sizable discount.
chances are any PoE repairs will not be disclosed.
Old 03-23-2022, 05:33 PM
ks9
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I suppose it's a YMMV situation dependent on the dealership but I know in PA dealers must disclose car damage that exceeds the greater of $500 or 3 percent of the MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (03-23-2022)
Old 03-23-2022, 06:02 PM
cucu
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That's most likely the case for regular deliveries with minor scuffs and bumps, but in this case, my SA already told me my car came in contact with at least another one on the Composer but they don't know how bad it is just yet. I'm fairly sure they'll know exactly what's going to be repaired.
Old 03-23-2022, 06:58 PM
NewKidinTown
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

My paint meter will do the disclosing for me.
Old 03-24-2022, 11:44 AM
The W
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

What is interesting is how different dealerships have different info on damanges....one dealership knows if their cars were damaged or if specific customer cars were damaged....others state they have no info on any damages. My dealership is in the latter group and told me they do not know what cars were damaged (they have 20 on SFL Composer). They were in ATL Mon - Wed as well this week, so thinking about reaching out and seeing if they got any additional info while there...

but interesting how some of you know if your car was damaged whereas others have no idea due to what different dealerships are sharing.
Old 03-24-2022, 11:48 AM
SMSTX
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by The W
What is interesting is how different dealerships have different info on damanges....one dealership knows if their cars were damaged or if specific customer cars were damaged....others state they have no info on any damages. My dealership is in the latter group and told me they do not know what cars were damaged (they have 20 on SFL Composer). They were in ATL Mon - Wed as well this week, so thinking about reaching out and seeing if they got any additional info while there...

but interesting how some of you know if your car was damaged whereas others have no idea due to what different dealerships are sharing.
Yes, I think it also comes down to the dealership. My SA doesn't feel the need to return a phone call, and never has any information. It just adds to the frustration.
Oh well, hopefully we should all know soon.

However, I do think (and hope), that this is overblown. 700 Cars were offloaded in Rhode Island, have not heard much about damages there..

Old 03-24-2022, 04:14 PM
chrisallen15
1st Gear

Originally Posted by The W

No dealer that has cars at the Houston Port will know the extent of the damages if any. Porsche will be test driving and inspecting each vehicle once they arrive in port. By the 2nd week of April your vehicle will receive a new date depending on the amount of reconditioning the vehicle will need. Normally the manufacture does not disclose what repairs were made. I have not been through this with Porsche so it could be possible they would disclose even though it is not required. I would guess August deliveries would have more damages than a car to be released in April. Basically a waiting game until Porsche gets them all sorted. I did hear they were in better condition than they had feared.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:20 PM
mhjeep
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My SA told me that she heard about 20% of vehicles were damaged to some extent but not clear as to how bad. I also heard from a friend of mine who is the president of a local dealership and he told me that he heard most of the damaged cars were Audis. Who knows what is accurate.

I do know that regardless of where a new car is coming from, that it is not that uncommon for the cars to sustain some minor damage in transit. Those blemishes are usually fixed and addressed before the car is ever delivered. Even moving a car a few hundred miles in a truck or train can result in some damage.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:21 PM
cucu
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisallen15
No dealer that has cars at the Houston Port will know the extent of the damages if any. Porsche will be test driving and inspecting each vehicle once they arrive in port. By the 2nd week of April your vehicle will receive a new date depending on the amount of reconditioning the vehicle will need. Normally the manufacture does not disclose what repairs were made. I have not been through this with Porsche so it could be possible they would disclose even though it is not required. I would guess August deliveries would have more damages than a car to be released in April. Basically a waiting game until Porsche gets them all sorted. I did hear they were in better condition than they had feared.
Good point, if I see my delivery gets pushed back significantly further than others, it can mean what you said, that there's more significant damage and they need more time to repair. If I do end up in this scenario and I won't get a clear list of what and how was repaired (repaint vs replace), there's a chance I'll choose to refuse it.

I wish they'd start unloading already. As of now it's still sitting happily in the holding area...

Old 03-24-2022, 04:57 PM
The W
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cucu
Good point, if I see my delivery gets pushed back significantly further than others, it can mean what you said, that there's more significant damage and they need more time to repair. If I do end up in this scenario and I won't get a clear list of what and how was repaired (repaint vs replace), there's a chance I'll choose to refuse it.

I wish they'd start unloading already. As of now it's still sitting happily in the holding area...

With you on that....obviously if they delay to July/August time frame, there was enough damage to the car that it is having to have substantial corrections made that is causing additional parts to come across the ocean...also, seems kind of crazy to get a 2022 a few months before the 2023 comes out...unless there is a discount off MSRP....but my bet is that they will have someone lined up to purchase any refused cars @ MSRP or more.

If I see mine get delayed until late summer, I'll likely cancel and just hold out to order a '23 and possibly the eMacan.
The following users liked this post:
cucu (03-24-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 08:25 AM
Dr_007
3rd Gear

My turbo S was on the ship. TYD just updated this morning back to original dealership delivery date (4/1/22) so hopefully that means little-to-no damage and a similar situation to all who are waiting.
Old 03-25-2022, 08:31 AM
mhjeep
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr_007
My turbo S was on the ship. TYD just updated this morning back to original dealership delivery date (4/1/22) so hopefully that means little-to-no damage and a similar situation to all who are waiting.
interesting. My eta is still sitting at 1/6/2023. That can’t be good sign if they are already setting some back to close to where they originally were.
Old 03-25-2022, 08:44 AM
Dr_007
3rd Gear

I wouldn't be worried yet. Sounds like ~200 cars to check. If doing 10/day then they likely just haven't got to yours. My dealer had said that when each car is checked, the TYD entry will be updated.

Good luck - this has been a looooong wait

Quick Reply: where's the sfl composer?