Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Center Console Removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2023, 11:12 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

QQ for those that have removed the center console trim, specifically the U-shaped trim (part 6 in the diagram above). Is there an easy way to pop it out (say with the plastic / generic trim removal tools) without disassembling the center console entirely? TIA.
Old 07-01-2023, 02:03 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,264 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
QQ for those that have removed the center console trim, specifically the U-shaped trim (part 6 in the diagram above). Is there an easy way to pop it out (say with the plastic / generic trim removal tools) without disassembling the center console entirely? TIA.
The parts I've highlighted in green snap into place. If I recall correctly, you'll want to remove P/N 992-864-040-ATDL first and then 992-853-300-H can also be removed. If I recall incorrectly, I'm sure (I hope) I'll be corrected. Also, FWIW my experience was on my PDK equipped 992.
Anyhow, beyond these two pieces, everything else has little screws at one point or another, that need to be removed; often with snaps as well as being a layered assembly.

Ex: To remove Part "C", Part "B" must be removed first. Unfortunately Part "A" must be removed prior to removing Part "B" and the screws that allow you to remove part "B" are not visible until after Part "A" has been removed.This is precisely why Part "B" seemed stuck when you tried to remove it before removing Part "A". Seriously this console is layered like this. Take you time and you'll be OK.

Old 05-07-2024, 07:07 PM
coco81
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim removal

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Nevermind. Was able to finally pop it back on. For those who are doing this install, DO NOT remove the trim piece around the sunroof buttons. It’s unnecessary and near impossible to put back on.
Hey buddy, i removed the trim and i can’t put it back on, any other tips?
Old 05-09-2024, 04:49 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,970 Likes on 798 Posts

Originally Posted by coco81
Hey buddy, i removed the trim and i can’t put it back on, any other tips?
I forced it back on. It took massive effort and felt like I was going to break something. I think there's probably a much easier way to disassemble it further and re-intall the buttons after disassembly.

Quick Reply: 992 Center Console Removal