Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Black or yellow PCCB?
Black
40.30%
Yellow
59.70%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Black or yellow PCCB?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 04:26 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,479 Posts
Default Black or yellow PCCB?

My build is standard white, black interior w/ GT silver stitching, silver wheels, silver exterior pack. Which caliper color works best?

Hoping we can keep this thread here in the 992. I get much better feedback over here.

Black:

Yellow:

Interior shot:

Last edited by smiles11; 02-21-2022 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2022, 08:39 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by smiles11
My build is standard white, black interior w/ GT silver stitching, silver wheels, silver exterior pack. Which caliper color works best?

Hoping we can keep this thread here in the 992. I get much better feedback over here.
In my view, the choice of caliper color depends completely on the color of the car. For my 992TTS I chose ft silver/ black PCCB. Had I chosen gentian blue, I would have chosen yellow pccb.
obviously, both are very personal preferences
Old 02-21-2022, 08:39 PM
JCH997
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 46 Posts

The yellow declares the car has PCCBs - a cool option. But to me the yellow is a distraction. I am happy with the black.

Last edited by JCH997; 02-21-2022 at 08:41 PM. Reason: agree with above post - much depends on color of car
Old 02-21-2022, 08:47 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

White is a neutral color so either yellow or black will work.

I think some of this depends on your wheel color. If you were getting black wheels then yellow calipers without question.

Personally I like the black calipers with silver colored wheels. I recently switched to a silver toned wheel and the black calipers really pop. They have a gloss finish which looks great contrasting with silver wheels and the ceramic disks.
Old 02-21-2022, 08:57 PM
sschlief
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 16 Posts

Gentian Blue with the yellow was my choice. If my car was white I might've switched to black...

Old 02-21-2022, 09:09 PM
Skarz
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 62 Posts

I got yellow for my GT Silver car, but I would prefer black on a white car.
Old 02-21-2022, 09:20 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

I am sort of over Yellow for PCCBs but I do prefer Yellow with a White 911 because you need to bring some color in to the equation especially since you have no contrast color for the interior.

A little jewelry never hurts!!!
Old 02-21-2022, 09:29 PM
mksz51
Pro

Received 742 Likes on 284 Posts

I like black on all colors. I think it really depends, to some degree, on your "goals" with the color choice. Do you quietly want the functionality and performance? Choose black. If you want the functionality and performance but also announce "I have PCCB" then yellow is your choice.
Old 02-21-2022, 10:32 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rk-d
White is a neutral color so either yellow or black will work.

I think some of this depends on your wheel color. If you were getting black wheels then yellow calipers without question.

Personally I like the black calipers with silver colored wheels. I recently switched to a silver toned wheel and the black calipers really pop. They have a gloss finish which looks great contrasting with silver wheels and the ceramic disks.
I like both. Its just getting past that ‘legacy’ mindset that PCCB = yellow. I agree 💯 on white working with both.

Originally Posted by Skarz
I got yellow for my GT Silver car, but I would prefer black on a white car.
That is interesting. I would of been the other way around. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Which goes to show. There is really no wrong answer here. I’d be happy with both.

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I am sort of over Yellow for PCCBs but I do prefer Yellow with a White 911 because you need to bring some color in to the equation especially since you have no contrast color for the interior.

A little jewelry never hurts!!!
I sometimes wonder if yellow PCCB have become ‘played out’… until you see them. You get snapped back into reality. 🤤

Another thing to note is the yellow accents on the tach/gauges & gear shift. They subtly tie-in yellow calipers from what I’ve seen.

Originally Posted by mksz51
I like black on all colors. I think it really depends, to some degree, on your "goals" with the color choice. Do you quietly want the functionality and performance? Choose black. If you want the functionality and performance but also announce "I have PCCB" then yellow is your choice.
So my thoughts on this are similar. I choose PCCB for the unsprung weight & performance. Have never really second guessed yellow as it was ‘never’ an option on 991 & gens before it. Now that black became an option (starting with the Heritage Speedster); it’s obviously now something to consider.

Here’s some of the reasons I have for both; some of which I’ve brought up before:

Yellow pros:

1. Yellow matches tach/gauges & gearshift + I have a black & yellow license plate that matches shockingly well to speed yellow.
2. Yellow is bespoke to PCCB. You can get black calipers on steels. Not that any of that matters.
3. Having some pop in color works. Reminiscent of the 911R.

Black pros:

1. Subtle & understated. My builds are generally just that. Black works here.
2. White Porsche script on the black caliper w/ white exterior looks like a good fit.
3. It’s a new 992 option. Never was an option before other than aforementioned Heritage Speedster. Will be less common as there are so many yellow PCCB & silver wheel cars…

🤔

Decisions… decisions…

Last edited by smiles11; 02-22-2022 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-22-2022, 04:08 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

I would do the interior with full yellow stitching and seat belts or no colored (not even silver stitching) and still the yellow seat belts. If you do the chrono or tach, do only one in yellow and probably the tach.

And then the yellow PCCBs.
The following users liked this post:
DriverDaily (02-22-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 04:58 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I would do the interior with full yellow stitching and seat belts or no colored (not even silver stitching) and still the yellow seat belts. If you do the chrono or tach, do only one in yellow and probably the tach.

And then the yellow PCCBs.
I’m on the same page with this. A big part of me feels I would need to pull in more yellow elements into the car to tie-in the yellow PCCB. It’s a slippery slope… However, I just don’t care for yellow stitching/belts; not my taste. That said, my last 992 had yellow PCCB without having any other yellow accent. So it really goes to show there is no wrong answer. I’d be happy with both.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:07 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by smiles11
I’m on the same page with this. A big part of me feels I would need to pull in more yellow elements into the car to tie-in the yellow PCCB. It’s a slippery slope… However, I just don’t care for yellow stitching/belts; not my taste. That said, my last 992 had yellow PCCB without having any other yellow accent. So it really goes to show there is no wrong answer. I’d be happy with both.
Correct. I wanted an exterior color that popped, so I went with Gentian Blue after having the darker but just as gorgeous Midnight Blue Metallic on my 997. But my other color option of serious consideration was Chalk. And I likely would have done black leather, red stitching, red belts and red tach to go with the Chalk exterior and on a C2S, the red calipers. I was not going to get PCCBs. I could have gone PCCBs on my GB and it would have looked good (not to mention I'm a Maize and Blue fan, so that tie in), but I didn't want to spend the $$ on the PCCBs, and in Colorado, I have heard that PCCBs are not as good for colder climates as they need more time to warm up.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:31 PM
FrankAT
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 43 Posts

I think yellow is a very overdone accent color these days. Black looks great.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:33 PM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 158 Posts

Yellow PCCBs. Always. Even on red cars. I don’t understand the “McDonalds” neurosis on Rennlist. Ferrari people think we’re nuts. Last time I visited an F car dealership I think every single red car had yellow ceramics.

Don’t overthink this. PCCBs brakes are like jewels.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:39 PM
BondJ
Pro

Received 329 Likes on 227 Posts

Yellow

Quick Reply: Black or yellow PCCB?