45.28%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Aventurine Green vs Chalk?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 09:19 AM
greggles991
Advanced

Received 113 Likes on 27 Posts

I've got a 992 Carrera on order (with an option to switch to a T if announced). I was set on Aventurine (with Truffle/chalk stitching but I'm now wavering to Black leather with chalk stitching and Race-Tex wheel / headliner. A wildcard is Agate Grey with Mojave/Black and Race-Tex wheel / headliner. I definitely want the chrome window surrounds with any option though which I think look great on the 992. Decisions, decisions! Not a fan of red leather so Aventurine wins of the OP's two options for me! Used to love Chalk paint (Crayon over her in the UK) but it now looks a bit '2018' to me somehow!
Old 02-16-2022, 09:42 AM
Nielsenpty
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 34 Posts

My build is locking next month. Have been around the same deliberations..... and for now settled on Aventurine with slate/chalk interior (so my vote went to AG

Old 02-16-2022, 09:49 AM
AnzSE
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bekim911
I had AV green before I traded it for white, sometimes it looks amazing sometimes it looked depressing, AV green 992 have been selling the lowest in used market
Yeah, this was my experience as well. Had AV green on my 718. When the sun was out with clear skies, it looked amazing. But in any other light conditions it was quite meh. More so than many other paints. And living in Sweden, it is unfortunately quite a lot of days the sun isn't out.

I went with Gentian Blue on my incoming 992 Turbo S. It's not the most exciting color, but it always looks OK, no matter the lighting.

Last edited by AnzSE; 02-16-2022 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-17-2022, 05:40 PM
Cotechia
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bekim911
I had AV green before I traded it for white, sometimes it looks amazing sometimes it looked depressing, AV green 992 have been selling the lowest in used market
I am sure you have some data to support this. Right?
Old 02-17-2022, 05:52 PM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Received 842 Likes on 391 Posts

I think an Aventurine cabriolet with the brown roof is a great combination
The following users liked this post:
Master Deep (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 07:47 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by audi4t
I think an Aventurine cabriolet with the brown roof is a great combination

audi4t (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 10:12 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,134 Likes on 3,006 Posts

Originally Posted by AndersHolmquist
Yeah, this was my experience as well. Had AV green on my 718. When the sun was out with clear skies, it looked amazing. But in any other light conditions it was quite meh. More so than many other paints. And living in Sweden, it is unfortunately quite a lot of days the sun isn't out.

I went with Gentian Blue on my incoming 992 Turbo S. It's not the most exciting color, but it always looks OK, no matter the lighting.
I enjoyed my time with Aventurine Green, but I went Gentian Blue with my Taycan 4S.
Old 02-18-2022, 06:06 AM
AnzSE
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
I enjoyed my time with Aventurine Green, but I went Gentian Blue with my Taycan 4S.
It was quite hard to find pictures of Aventurine Green back when I speced the 718, so funnily enough your car was one of the major inspirations I had when I speced Aventurine Green on it! Interesting we both went for Gentian Blue as next color.
detansinn (02-18-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 02:19 AM
BadlyDrawnBoy
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 43 Posts

These were my 2 top choices. And I went with chalk. So far. Looks in April. I felt AG was a color for an older person. Bear in mind I’m about to turn 50. My dilemma with chalk was it seems very now.

also if I went AG. I would want the aldao interior.
Old 02-19-2022, 10:50 AM
Swayze
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 77 Posts

I went through this exact dilemma on my Targa GTS. A few years ago when chalk came out I was like that’s my next Porsche and then I was like there are so many similar colors on other brands that it made me want something different.

So when I placed my order I went AG and Iceland green, but I hadn’t really been able to see an AG car except in pictures. Then I went to a few dealers on a vacation and I saw two AG cars in a few different lighting scenarios and I was like I really like this color, I’m good with it.

Then I saw a few chalk cars and in awesome light and at night I just loved the chalk look and I started thinking I’ve never once thought oh I’m not getting a black car because the Ford Focus is in black. So I was like if I was the only car on the road would I pick AG or is a lot of this to be unique. If I’m being honest I think the rarity of color was about 80% of my decision.

So I went with Chalk and I guess I’ll just have to “deal with it” when I run into all the other 992 Chalk Targa GTS We also went to a car museum in Naples called the Revs Institute the weekend before my order locked and they had some classic Porsches, including one speedster and I that color reminded me of chalk and made me feel like it’s going to hold up over time.

In another chalk debate thread someone posted an older Porsche model that looked even closer to Chalk and it looked amazing.

Quick Reply: Aventurine Green vs Chalk?