Sponsored by:

Aerokit stop sale on all models?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 10:43 AM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by rouxeny
i am assuming, and possibly incorrectly, that if I change my build to one without an aerokit, it would immediately be accepted and I’d have a build and delivery date. And that I have until my lock date in April to do so. My SA and I are essentially doing as you suggested, just a few months earlier.
I may have missed this in an earlier post, but is your allocation for a GTS or another model?
Old 01-22-2022, 12:10 PM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by TN_3
I may have missed this in an earlier post, but is your allocation for a GTS or another model?
C2S
Old 01-22-2022, 12:22 PM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by rouxeny
C2S
OK, that might be the source of the issue. While discussing the stop sale with a sales associate, we looked up the status on some internal dealer documents. I was able to put my eyes on it and it clearly stated the stop sale on base and S model variants was indefinite at this point and the 4/22 allocation timeline was specific to the GTS models. It appears as though that is your main issue. I have a June build with August delivery GTS that is allowing Aerokit to be added. I believe some people surmised that they were reserving the Aerokits for the GTS’s models due to the limited supply.
Old 01-22-2022, 02:08 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,334 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Originally Posted by TN_3
OK, that might be the source of the issue. While discussing the stop sale with a sales associate, we looked up the status on some internal dealer documents. I was able to put my eyes on it and it clearly stated the stop sale on base and S model variants was indefinite at this point and the 4/22 allocation timeline was specific to the GTS models. It appears as though that is your main issue. I have a June build with August delivery GTS that is allowing Aerokit to be added. I believe some people surmised that they were reserving the Aerokits for the GTS’s models due to the limited supply.
I really do think this is the case. IIRC, It was stated back in May 2021 that they were putting a stop sale on aerokits for orders post 7/1/21 in an effort to reserve them for GTS models.

My order demand (with aerokit) was created 7/24/21 for a C2 GTS, went V200 on 11/4/22. Original Freeze date was 3/10/22, delivery 6/3/22. It has now been changed to 4/7/22, delivery 6/17/22.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:57 AM
licrusher
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Carrera Aerokit Status Request

Has anyone received an update to potential aerokit availability? My original allocation for a new Carrera was January, but aerokit remained on stop order, so I pushed it out with a Freeze Date now of February 23rd and production build in March. SA is indicating aerokit remains on stop order and he does not know when and if it would become available. Next potential allocation would be for a freeze in April with production build in May. I really want the aerokit, and Suncoast does not even have it as an option for after market. Has anyone received any insight and potential dates for the aerokits to become available again for Carrera? Would you suggest waiting and also risking being delayed to 2023 production run or just proceed with current allocation?

Part 2 - If I do just proceed with currnet allocation and no aerokit would any of you suggest keeping the front and rear sport design change that was part of the aerokit package?

Thank you.

Last edited by licrusher; 02-19-2022 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-19-2022, 01:10 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Originally Posted by licrusher
Has anyone received an update to potential aerokit availability? My original allocation for a new Carrera was January, but aerokit remained on stop order, so I pushed it out with a Freeze Date now of February 23rd and production build in March. SA is indicating aerokit remains on stop order and he does not know when and if it would become available. Next potential allocation would be for a freeze in April with production build in May. I really want the aerokit, and Suncoast does not even have it as an option for after market. Has anyone received any insight and potential dates for the aerokits to become available again for Carrera? Would you suggest waiting and also risking being delayed to 2023 production run or just proceed with current allocation?

Part 2 - If I do just proceed with currnet allocation and no aerokit would any of you suggest keeping the front and rear sport design change that was part of the aerokit package?

Thank you.
Just get the Sport Design package and call it a day. The AeroKit has been on stop-sale since last July.
Old 02-19-2022, 01:17 AM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 196 Posts

I’m just going to go ahead. I really like the aerokit but it doesn’t make sense to keep waiting.
The following users liked this post:
M3Inline6 (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 02:48 AM
hawkinsmc
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 21 Posts

Thank you.
So I ordered a GTS, created 11/21 with an original freeze date of 12/15/21. The Freeze date bumped to 1/17/22. Went into production 2/11/22 (one week late) and finished production yesterday 2/17. My SA confirmed it in V300 "production complete". It was spec'd with Aero kit, I can't tell you how it got through to be honest. I feel lucky it got built. I was anticipating it getting kicked back and was planning on building without aero kit (GTS cones with sport design) and getting the wing once it was available.
Old 02-19-2022, 03:47 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by hawkinsmc
So I ordered a GTS, created 11/21 with an original freeze date of 12/15/21. The Freeze date bumped to 1/17/22. Went into production 2/11/22 (one week late) and finished production yesterday 2/17. My SA confirmed it in V300 "production complete". It was spec'd with Aero kit, I can't tell you how it got through to be honest. I feel lucky it got built. I was anticipating it getting kicked back and was planning on building without aero kit (GTS cones with sport design) and getting the wing once it was available.
Some GTS’ get through with the AeroKit and some don't. It’s truly hit and miss. The stop-sale was put in place to allow what supply Porsche has to be allocated to the GTS owners at the expense of base/S owners.
Old 02-19-2022, 08:17 AM
passat774
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkinsmc

Do you have your factory images on myporsche.com? Like my the image in my signature?

Thanks

Last edited by passat774; 02-19-2022 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-20-2022, 05:47 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by passat774
Do you have your factory images on myporsche.com? Like my the image in my signature?

Thanks
Those take a few weeks to show.
Old 02-21-2022, 03:47 AM
hawkinsmc
Advanced

Thanks
I haven't seen them yet.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:49 PM
licrusher
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Sales Manager has tried reaching out to district area manager as well as corporate to try to get updates on Aerokit availability. Apparently Porsche is not disclosing any update. It is frustrating as I don't understand after all of these months with it being on Stop Order that they are not able to at least determine with the supplier a commitment for how many over a period of time. Porsche must really know how many at this point they will have to allocate for the rest of this year. At least indicate if it will be available before prod of 2023 or even for the initial allocation of 2023. Ultimate I had to make a final decision to move out my allocation further or proceed without aerokit as my freeze date was yesterday. I decided I really want to try to get the car prior to summer in North East, so I proceeded to lock it without the aerokit but still with the sports design. At least I have the option to possibly add it on at some later date if it becomes available. However, it will cost quite a bit more post production. Still a beautiful great car without the aerokit.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:09 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Sales Manager has tried reaching out to district area manager as well as corporate to try to get updates on Aerokit availability. Apparently Porsche is not disclosing any update. It is frustrating as I don't understand after all of these months with it being on Stop Order that they are not able to at least determine with the supplier a commitment for how many over a period of time. Porsche must really know how many at this point they will have to allocate for the rest of this year. At least indicate if it will be available before prod of 2023 or even for the initial allocation of 2023. Ultimate I had to make a final decision to move out my allocation further or proceed without aerokit as my freeze date was yesterday. I decided I really want to try to get the car prior to summer in North East, so I proceeded to lock it without the aerokit but still with the sports design. At least I have the option to possibly add it on at some later date if it becomes available. However, it will cost quite a bit more post production. Still a beautiful great car without the aerokit.
There’s nuance to this. Your car will have 80% of what comprises the AeroKit. Adding the wing, which we’ve detailed in another thread replete with the part number and price of the wing, isn’t really much different at all in terms of price (…with the added cost mainly being paint). The wing will cost you $1947-ish plus tax and a $5 dealer handling fee, and per a RL member who already received theirs, it comes with the primered front lip and new engine cover [primered or chrome slats]. The cost of ordering the wing after the fact is about what the difference in price is between the Sport Design Package and the full AeroKit. So presuming you have a good body shop, painting will be +/- $500 and the dealer will charge $160-ish to reprogram the active function. The cost to retrofit is not as significant as you asserted.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 02-23-2022 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:29 PM
hawkinsmc
Advanced

Thanks
Pictures popped up this morning!!! I'm super excited!

The following 5 users liked this post by hawkinsmc:
22992 (02-23-2022), AlterZgo (02-23-2022), KBS911 (03-24-2022), M3Inline6 (02-23-2022), passat774 (02-23-2022)

Quick Reply: Aerokit stop sale on all models?