Sponsored by:

Apple Music Registration Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 12:13 PM
JRW1
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Apple Music Registration Issue

I recently took delivery of my 2022 Carrera S Cabriolet, and when I click on Apple Music, the PCM system tries to register my user id, but is unable to do so, with a message saying that there is a connection issue. I have stumped my dealer representative, who has reached out to Porsche to try to fix. Has anyone else ever had this issue, and if so, how did you fix?
Old 12-24-2021, 12:14 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Same happened to me. But I tried it again this morning, and was able to register and get the 6-month free trial.
Old 12-24-2021, 12:32 PM
JRW1
Racer

What is odd is that before trying to access Apple Music via the PCM, I registered for it on my iphone, got the free 6 months, and I added a number of artists and albums to my account. Now, when I click on the music icon, I am able to access my list of artists and albums and hear the music in the car. But, if I click on Apple Music in the list of media options, it tries to register my account and then gives me the message that it is unable toi do so at the current time -- check my data connection.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:15 PM
Flash992
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JRW1
What is odd is that before trying to access Apple Music via the PCM, I registered for it on my iphone, got the free 6 months, and I added a number of artists and albums to my account. Now, when I click on the music icon, I am able to access my list of artists and albums and hear the music in the car. But, if I click on Apple Music in the list of media options, it tries to register my account and then gives me the message that it is unable toi do so at the current time -- check my data connection.
Has there been a resolution to this problem? I am a visitor from the 992 forum, and I cannot find any posts or threads dealing with this Apple Music Registration issue over there. My 2022 C2 is equipped with PCM 6, and so I thought I might have better luck here in the Taycan forum, where you all have PCM 6. Have the identical problem as you had JRW1. Have you found the solution? Thanks!
Old 02-19-2022, 04:34 PM
Type901
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash992
Has there been a resolution to this problem? I am a visitor from the 992 forum, and I cannot find any posts or threads dealing with this Apple Music Registration issue over there. My 2022 C2 is equipped with PCM 6, and so I thought I might have better luck here in the Taycan forum, where you all have PCM 6. Have the identical problem as you had JRW1. Have you found the solution? Thanks!
Same issue in my 2022 GT3. Even though I have everything configured properly, and my Porsche and Apple accounts are linked, I have been unable to get the native Apple Music integration in PCM 6.0 to work. Every time I select the Apple Music option, I get a "registration currently not possible, please verify your data connection" error message. CarPlay works fine so I just use that instead but would like to get the native Apple Music integration to work. I took my car into the dealer this week for service, and they couldn't figure it out either.
Old 02-19-2022, 05:59 PM
Flash992
Instructor

Originally Posted by Type901
Same issue in my 2022 GT3. Even though I have everything configured properly, and my Porsche and Apple accounts are linked, I have been unable to get the native Apple Music integration in PCM 6.0 to work. Every time I select the Apple Music option, I get a "registration currently not possible, please verify your data connection" error message. CarPlay works fine so I just use that instead but would like to get the native Apple Music integration to work. I took my car into the dealer this week for service, and they couldn't figure it out either.
We share the same problem with registration of Apple Music with the PCM. I contacted Porsche support with this issue and have a case number. It has been a week of sporadic texts with them, and I shared a few screenshots, but no resolution yet. I had a customer service rep at my dealership, (Porsche Austin) review the sequence of steps and the resulting error message trying to register Apple Music. The error is obviously repeatable. The rep remarked that registration of Apple Music works in some cars and not others. I am wondering if it might be the iOS version number? I’m on 15.3.1.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:04 AM
ohniner
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 134 Posts

iOS 15.3 is causing various connection issues with PCM 6.0. I’m my 992 CarPlay and serious/XM causes a loading issue. CarPlay loads right away but Sirius gets stuck on loading data. I have to toggle media then favorites (or any music icon) then I get Sirius. Have to go through this each time I start car.
interestingly Bluetooth on my phone shows car not connected even though all functions are working.
The following users liked this post:
Flash992 (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 11:41 AM
Flash992
Instructor

I have similar gremlins affecting my system, (PCM6). I will post news of the response to my case with Porsche support.
Old 02-20-2022, 12:49 PM
JRW1
Racer

I also have the same exact issue in my 2022 Cabriolet.
Old 02-20-2022, 12:59 PM
Flash992
Instructor

Originally Posted by JRW1
I also have the same exact issue in my 2022 Cabriolet.
Each of us affected by this Apple Music problem might consider registering their complaint with Porsche Support, (using, for example, ‘contact support’ in the web based ‘My Porsche’). In a perfect world, one complaint would be sufficient. But . . .
Old 02-20-2022, 03:10 PM
JRW1
Racer

Each of us affected by this Apple Music problem might consider registering their complaint with Porsche Support, (using, for example, ‘contact support’ in the web based ‘My Porsche’). In a perfect world, one complaint would be sufficient. But . . .
I have been waiting to hear feedback from my salesman, who reached out to Porsche last month on this. So far, no feedback.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:17 AM
Type901
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

We share the same problem with registration of Apple Music with the PCM. I contacted Porsche support with this issue and have a case number. It has been a week of sporadic texts with them, and I shared a few screenshots, but no resolution yet. I had a customer service rep at my dealership, (Porsche Austin) review the sequence of steps and the resulting error message trying to register Apple Music. The error is obviously repeatable. The rep remarked that registration of Apple Music works in some cars and not others. I am wondering if it might be the iOS version number? I’m on 15.3.1.
I'm not a software engineer, but I don't think the version of iOS software matters for the native Apple Music integration since that doesn't even require an iPhone to be in the car. It's just Porsche's servers speaking to Apple's servers to authenticate the service/streaming.

I agree the registration error is repeatable and I can duplicate it like a trained circus seal no matter where the car is located, cold start, warm start, etc. There's chatter on the Taycan forum and some seem to have had it fixed through a recent software update. I am hoping the same will be the case for the 2022 Carreras. My dealership said that they've only been able to get Apple Music working in one car and we all just shrugged our shoulders that the Germans are fantastic mechanical engineers but not so much software engineers.
Old 02-21-2022, 12:03 PM
Flash992
Instructor

Originally Posted by Type901
I'm not a software engineer, but I don't think the version of iOS software matters for the native Apple Music integration since that doesn't even require an iPhone to be in the car. It's just Porsche's servers speaking to Apple's servers to authenticate the service/streaming.

I agree the registration error is repeatable and I can duplicate it like a trained circus seal no matter where the car is located, cold start, warm start, etc. There's chatter on the Taycan forum and some seem to have had it fixed through a recent software update. I am hoping the same will be the case for the 2022 Carreras. My dealership said that they've only been able to get Apple Music working in one car and we all just shrugged our shoulders that the Germans are fantastic mechanical engineers but not so much software engineers.
perhaps there is more than one problem with Apple Music implementation - native or not. I have a pre existing subscription of Apple Music, but it functions erratically in CarPlay. Selecting from playlists or curated stations is hit or miss. Apple Music is essentially unusable in my 992’s PCM6 at the moment. This, and the inability to register Apple Music with the PCM, is what led me to speculate about the iOS version on the iPhone.
Old 02-21-2022, 12:15 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 162 Posts

Crazy, the native Apple Music (not Car Play) works perfectly on my 2022 PCM6 911. Car Play also works fine other than the general buggy nature of Car Play. I took delivery in early January.
Old 03-01-2022, 12:24 PM
Flash992
Instructor

Default The Apple Music registration issue in my PCM6 resolved

I received an update sometime in the last week, (I’ve been traveling), which has completely resolved the issues that I had been having with Apple Music in my Carrera’s PCM6. I don’t know whether that was an update to the back end or to the installed PCM software, but whatever was changed now allows me to access to the ‘native’ Apple Music app and full functionality. Porsche support was responsive.

Gordon

Quick Reply: Apple Music Registration Issue