Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Embroidered Logo Deviated Stitching question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 05:50 PM
woobiee
Pro

Received 986 Likes on 320 Posts

If I'm understanding this correctly, these three interiors will have some sort of GTS embroidered on the seatbacks:
  • Standard Interior with Race-Tex / Race-Tex Seats (GTS in black)
  • Leather / Race-Tex Interior (GTS in black)
  • GTS Interior Package (GTS In Carmine Red or Chalk, your choice)
If you want a different color GTS other than the listed above, one must opt for the Deviated Stitching Interior Package (You also have to have Leather / Race-Tex Interior selected as well). This option allows you to choose your stitching color (where the GTS logo is also matched to the selected color).

All the other interiors will be blank, in which case you can opt to add the Porsche Crest option.

My June build will have Leather / Race-Tex Interior with the Deviated Stitching Interior Package in Speed Blue. The GTS logo on the seat backs will be matched as well to Speed Blue.

If I got this wrong please correct me!

Last edited by woobiee; 01-24-2022 at 06:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Schwarz992C4S (02-06-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 05:54 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by woobiee
If I'm understanding this correct, these three interiors will have some sort of GTS embroidered on the seatbacks:
  • Standard Interior with Race-Tex / Race-Tex Seats (GTS in black)
  • Leather / Race-Tex Interior (GTS in black)
  • GTS Interior Package (GTS In Carmine Red or Chalk, your choice)
If you want a different color GTS other than the listed above, one must opt for the Deviated Stitching Interior Package (You also have to have Leather / Race-Tex Interior selected as well). This option allows you to choose your stitching color (where the GTS logo is also matched to the selected color).

All the other interiors will be blank, in which case you can opt to add the Porsche Crest option.

My June build will have Leather / Race-Tex Interior with the Deviated Stitching Interior Package in Speed Blue. The GTS logo on the seat backs will be matched as well to Speed Blue.

If I got this wrong please correct me!
can you share your Porsche code, so I can ask my SA?
I’m super curious as well.
FYI I have never seen a GTS head rest other than red or white stitching, even in 992, 991 and so on.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:57 PM
woobiee
Pro

Sure: PNRD6DE9

The configurator currently doesn't show deviated stitching in the renders.

Last edited by woobiee; 01-24-2022 at 06:01 PM.
Schwarz992C4S (02-06-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 06:03 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Sure: PNRD6DE9

The configurator currently doesn't show deviated stitching in the renders.
very nice build!
let me ask my SA and get back to you!
woobiee (01-25-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 06:13 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,461 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by Albechow
Right, but I thought for the GTS interior packaged you can only choose from red or white stitching.
Can we switch the stitching to yellow?!
This is correct. It's either red or white. In order to go yellow, I think you wind up having to go CXX. I do not think you can select a deviated stitch package/color along with the GTS interior pak.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:54 PM
InTgr8r
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 89 Posts

Right, but I thought for the GTS interior packaged you can only choose from red or white stitching.
Can we switch the stitching to yellow?!
If we can, that would be awesome since I wanted yellow seat belts, yellow dash and yellow clock to match LOL 😂
thanks
would love to be able to choose as well!
The configurator forces you to drop the GTS interior before allowing deviated selection though.
Same applies to the Cayman GTS config.
But, it wouldn't be the first time things have changed

Last edited by InTgr8r; 01-24-2022 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:58 PM
SpyderTarga
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 56 Posts

It's not the GTS interior package in question, it's the "Leather/Race-Tex Interior in Black" that lets you choose deviated stitching. This is the same feel as GTS interior without colored dials/belts or $4k additional matte carbon fiber (which looks strikingly similar to the base model interior trim).
InTgr8r (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 04:31 PM
woobiee
Pro

I've broken these down in simpler terms hoping it helps! This is through the perspective of the OT of GTS stitching on the head rests. A rule of thumb here is, if the seat centers are race-tex, you will have a GTS logo on the headrest. If you have leather seat centers, it will be blank.
  • #1 Standard Interior with Race-Tex / Race-Tex Seats
    Standard race-tex and leather. Seat centers are race-tex. It has Black GTS logo stitched on the headrests.

• #2 Standard Interior in Race-Tex / Race-Tex or Leather Seats
    Same as above, but now the seat centers are leather instead of race-tex. THERE IS NO GTS logo stitched on the headrests.

• #3 Leather / Race-Tex Interior
    Same as #1, but now with more race-tex and leather around (Like the lower dash, upper dash, more on the doors, etc). Seat centers are race-tex. Again, you do get Black GTS logo stitched on the headrests.
  • #4 Leather Interior with Race-Tex / Leather Seats
    Same as #2, but now with more race-tex and leather around (Like the lower dash, upper dash, more on the doors, etc). Because this option has leather seat centers, you do NOT get GTS logo stitched on the headrests.

• #5 GTS Interior Package
    This is a packaged version of #3 where they throw in bits and bobs like seat belts, colored tach, carbon fiber trim, etc. They also give you two options of Carmine Red or Chalk deviated stitching. Because seat centers are race-tex, you get GTS logos on the headrests -- the color is dictated on which color you pick (Red or Chalk)

• #6 Everything else (Leather)
    Since no race-tex are included here, no GTS logos on headrest. They will be blank.

So essentially, option #3 PLUS Deviated Stitching Interior Package will yield #5 but without the bits and bobs (belt colors, tach colors, carbon trim). This route opens up your options for stitching color, but in exchange, you don't get the bits and bobs.

A few weeks ago I did a test of optioning #3 PLUS Deviated Stitching Interior Package AND checked off all the options that is included in the #5 GTS Interior Package (like belt color, tach, carbon trim) and I think it was like $1500 or so more. So essentially, a "GTS Interior Package" with your choice of stitching color costs $1.5k more. To me that is worth it -- this is the route I took for my build.

Last edited by woobiee; 01-25-2022 at 05:38 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by woobiee:
InTgr8r (01-25-2022), JAWS88 (01-25-2022), JDeRose (02-05-2022), pelucidor (01-27-2022), SpyderTarga (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 05:18 PM
JAWS88
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I've broken these down in simpler terms hoping it helps! This is through the perspective of the OT of GTS stitching on the head rests. A rule of thumb here is, if the seat centers are race-tex, you will have a GTS logo on the headrest. If you have leather seat centers, it will be blank.
  • #1 Standard Interior with Race-Tex / Race-Tex Seats
    Standard race-tex and leather. Seat centers are race-tex. It has Black GTS logo stitched on the headrests.

• #2 Standard Interior in Race-Tex / Race-Tex or Leather Seats
    Same as above, but now the seat centers are leather instead of race-tex. THERE IS NO GTS logo stitched on the headrests.

• #3 Leather / Race-Tex Interior
    Same as #1, but now with more race-tex and leather around (Like the lower dash, upper dash, more on the doors, etc). Seat centers are race-tex. Again, you do get Black GTS logo stitched on the headrests.
  • #4 Leather Interior with Race-Tex / Leather Seats
    Same as #2, but now with more race-tex and leather around (Like the lower dash, upper dash, more on the doors, etc). Because this option has leather seat centers, you do NOT get GTS logo stitched on the headrests.

• #5 GTS Interior Package
    This is an upgraded version of #3 but they throw in bits and bobs like seat belts, colored tach, carbon fiber trim, etc. They also give you two options of Carmine Red or Chalk deviated stitching. Because seat centers are race-tex, you get GTS logos on the headrests -- the color is dictated on which color you pick (Red or Chalk)

• #6 Everything else (Leather)
    Since no race-tex are included here, no GTS logos on headrest. They will be blank.

So essentially, option #3 PLUS Deviated Stitching Interior Package will yield #5 but without the bits and bobs (belt colors, tach colors, carbon trim). This route opens up your options for stitching color, but in exchange, you don't get the bits and bobs.

A few weeks ago I did a test of optioning #3 PLUS Deviated Stitching Interior Package AND checked off all the options that is included in the #5 GTS Interior Package (like belt color, tach, carbon trim) and I think it was like $1500 or so more. So essentially, it costs $1.5k more to specify what color stitching I'd want and to me that is worth it. This is the route I took for my build.
Yep, this is the way to do it! # 3 + deviated stitching package in whatever colour you choose.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:11 PM
antsjey
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 20 Posts

In the UK the decorative stitching option now shows up with a video confirming the stitching on a GTS will be in the chosen colour. I think this was only added recently...

The following 3 users liked this post by antsjey:
dhirm5 (01-26-2022), InTgr8r (01-25-2022), woobiee (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 07:51 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Originally Posted by antsjey
In the UK the decorative stitching option now shows up with a video confirming the stitching on a GTS will be in the chosen colour. I think this was only added recently...
o wow that’s good to know!!
Sometimes I feel from the RL forums know so much more then the AD. Haha
hopefully my AD isn’t on this forum, or else she try cancel my build!
Old 01-25-2022, 08:04 PM
Albechow
Instructor

o wow that’s good to know!!
Sometimes I feel from the RL forums know so much more then the AD. Haha
hopefully my AD isn’t on this forum, or else she try cancel my build!

actually I don’t think the GTS logo on the head rest can be changed for North America or Canada 🥲☹️
Old 01-26-2022, 11:11 AM
woobiee
Pro

actually I don’t think the GTS logo on the head rest can be changed for North America or Canada 🥲☹️
Why do you say that? The option you checked includes the Leather Seat Centers, which, yes, would not have the GTS logo. One should opt for the option (Prep for Deviated Stitching Int Pack) which leaves the seat centers alone in race-tex.

Maybe we should rewind and mention that, at least for US cars, we are basing expectations from a few SAs' PCNA's word/confirmation without any physical GTS examples yet to look at. I'd like to believe the GTS logo would follow suit and match the color of the stitching if one opted for the Dev Stitching Int Pack. There are a few 992 examples out where they opted for the Dev Stitch pack and had the Extended Dash/Door Leather and Steering Column in Leather. Both items included the colored stitching, even though it wasn't listed in the Dev Stitching pack description.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:45 AM
Albechow
Instructor

Why do you say that? The option you checked includes the Leather Seat Centers, which, yes, would not have the GTS logo. One should opt for the option (Prep for Deviated Stitching Int Pack) which leaves the seat centers alone in race-tex.

Maybe we should rewind and mention that, at least for US cars, we are basing expectations from a few SAs' PCNA's word/confirmation without any physical GTS examples yet to look at. I'd like to believe the GTS logo would follow suit and match the color of the stitching if one opted for the Dev Stitching Int Pack. There are a few 992 examples out where they opted for the Dev Stitch pack and had the Extended Dash/Door Leather and Steering Column in Leather. Both items included the colored stitching, even though it wasn't listed in the Dev Stitching pack description.

here’s a picture from Porsche Canada.
I think it’s different from Porsche UK, since it does not mention the head rest with GTS stitching at all.
Hopefully someone will have some insight, since I would LOVE to have yellow GTS stitching on my headrest.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:00 PM
woobiee
Pro

Yeah it also doesn't mention on the US config too. But my point was, there are at least a couple things it doesn't list there but does indeed come in deviated stitching (like the steering column and extended door cards). Our hope is the GTS logo is also one of those things they forgot to list

But my hopes are high especially seeing the UK config having it listed. It's hard to imagine they would only offer the colored GTS logo in certain markets as that is just another production detail (new SKU perhaps) that they have to keep track with. On a personal note, if it does come down to black GTS with deviated stitching every where else, I will be okay with it. But having it match would be preferred!

Quick Reply: GTS Embroidered Logo Deviated Stitching question