Sponsored by:

GTS allocations

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 03:44 PM
LifeOnTitan
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTS allocation, AWD, California

I have a 992 GTS AWD allocation if I want it.. Have to decide NOW , like today. Only AWD left but w/ADM.. in California
In California are you paying ADM or not- been quoted up to $30K? Is $15K reasonable? outside CA I talked to two dealers w/ allocation w/o ADM but won't sell me a car? (allocations gone now I'm sure)
I'm sure repeat / established customers mostly get MSRP ?? I'm buying my own spec'd NEW one for first time.
Weighing 992 GTS vs used 20K mile 991.2 Turbo S, about same price ?? struggling with this..
Sorry for double post on another thread but eager for feedback.. Any help is welcomed.. Thanks
Old 01-16-2022, 04:46 PM
LifeOnTitan
4th Gear

Responding to my own post.. I have now read most the GTS forum posts. I am sure its gonna be great car but for $200K (no2WD left) w/options, ADM &Tax/license I am gonna pass. Strongly leaning towards 991.2 Turbo S . The information in these forums is terrific.
Old 01-16-2022, 05:05 PM
TuvaD
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by LifeOnTitan
Responding to my own post.. I have now read most the GTS forum posts. I am sure its gonna be great car but for $200K (no2WD left) w/options, ADM &Tax/license I am gonna pass. Strongly leaning towards 991.2 Turbo S . The information in these forums is terrific.
ADMs feel awful, even if it's a not a big financial hit.

FYI, I went ahead and with a $15K ADM in the Bay Area for a January lock. The dealership that I'm working with took my $5K deposit check and signed agreement...and then told me that the lock was in fact the end of February.

Not a major thing since the delivery date of late May is still the same but irritated to be mislead, even slightly.

If more units are coming online, I might look at canceling the deal (based on their false initial timeline) and put an MSRP order in to arrive in 6-9 months.
Old 01-16-2022, 10:10 PM
Reddemon73
AutoX

Originally Posted by TuvaD
Do you mind DM'ing me which dealership you worked with in Cali?

The best I can find for a 4 GTS is $25K ADM in SoCal. NorCal is $30-40K.
I was at a local dealership in Seattle area and was quoted $25k over msrp for targa gts. I understand this is all dictated by supply and demand.

I brought up a good point to the dealer. It would probably take close to 24 months before I will see the Targa delivered to me, I told my SA if the market changed and this vehicle no longer command $25k over msrp, will dealer re negotiate? He had to call the sales manager and reluctantly said most likely.

thought?
Old 01-16-2022, 10:47 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

I have a 992 GTS AWD allocation if I want it.. Have to decide NOW , like today. Only AWD left but w/ADM.. in California
In California are you paying ADM or not- been quoted up to $30K? Is $15K reasonable? outside CA I talked to two dealers w/ allocation w/o ADM but won't sell me a car? (allocations gone now I'm sure)
I'm sure repeat / established customers mostly get MSRP ?? I'm buying my own spec'd NEW one for first time.
Weighing 992 GTS vs used 20K mile 991.2 Turbo S, about same price ?? struggling with this..
Sorry for double post on another thread but eager for feedback.. Any help is welcomed.. Thanks
ADM sucks and depends on how much it is...someone mentioned that they were having to pay one but it was to be caped at $5k above MSRP. Is that bad...yes in a way since its $5k equity lost in the car and all but in the overall scheme of things if everyone else is asking $10-20-30k ADMs then it may be seen as a bargain. Only you as the buyer can figure that one out as its your finances and time line basically you're dealing with here.

As for 991.2 Turbo S vs 992 GTS...tough choice there. Both are great cars and nothing to sneeze at. Depends again on your wallet and delivery horizon i'd think. As for out of state dealers having allocations/cars they are unwilling to sell to out of state/non-local dealers; yes hearing that more and more. There was a thread too no there about Porsche asking dealers not to sell outside their markets to somewhere i also can recall but remember in effect each dealer while an independent entity still depends somewhat heavily on Porsche AG and NA for their goodwill in alllocations and cars so IF they are saying that then can see why dealers are listening especially given the current challenges everyone is seeing with supply and demand and production across the board. Also local cars do often earn repeat business and service so can see why they'd prefer to do so also.
Or just go hard and go home for the 992.1 Turbo or Turbo S if you can get one!
Originally Posted by Reddemon73
I was at a local dealership in Seattle area and was quoted $25k over msrp for targa gts. I understand this is all dictated by supply and demand.

I brought up a good point to the dealer. It would probably take close to 24 months before I will see the Targa delivered to me, I told my SA if the market changed and this vehicle no longer command $25k over msrp, will dealer re negotiate? He had to call the sales manager and reluctantly said most likely.

thought?
I'd get that part in writing about re-negotiating the $25k + MSRP given market conditions and maybe some language to state how those conditions are determined also. Lots could change in the supply/demand and production part of the equation over the next 12-24 mos before your car is built and delivered although many analysts are saying that they expect the current production issues and price surge amongst both used and new cars to continue thru at least early 2023 and that for some markets and vehicles it may continue longer and some of this may be the new pricing/order/delivery model for US dealers much like other countries. We'll see I guess.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ign=nl26334624

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 01-17-2022 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:11 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

thought?
Are you going to be okay if they ask form ore ADM if the market goes that way? Why would you expect to lock in a cap on the price but not a floor?
Old 01-17-2022, 12:41 AM
Reddemon73
AutoX

Originally Posted by Drew46
Are you going to be okay if they ask form ore ADM if the market goes that way? Why would you expect to lock in a cap on the price but not a floor?
Yes, I am willing to let the market dictate the price of the car. I just don’t want to go with the current market price knowing I won’t see the car for about 2 years.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:46 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,499 Likes on 961 Posts

Going with the market on a 992 Targa GTS may be safer than doing it w/ a base C2 or C2S. Still, if the ADM is going over $10k, you may be screwed in the long run.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:28 AM
brainzito
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 118 Posts

Yes, I am willing to let the market dictate the price of the car. I just don’t want to go with the current market price knowing I won’t see the car for about 2 years.
how come 2 years?
Old 01-18-2022, 06:20 PM
fractionofawhole
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 56 Posts

Well someone on my dealer's list gets to move up a spot today. Officially picked up my deposit as I'm relocating out of state and my SA said they're currently not selling to out of state customers. Somewhat bummed because I was #1 on the list at this point. Somewhat not bummed as I had already been considering picking up the deposit and just holding off for the .2 facelift. Oh well. Is what it is. SA did confirm that they're not doing any ADM, which I was absolutely f'n floored upon hearing seeing as I'm in the Bay Area and they for sure could with the current market.

Godspeed to whichever jabroni gets my spot in line.
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (01-19-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 10:00 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,499 Likes on 961 Posts

Always wondered this- what if you're in state when you order but move when the car is in production? lmao
Old 01-19-2022, 10:08 PM
malba2366
Burning Brakes

Received 750 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
Always wondered this- what if you're in state when you order but move when the car is in production? lmao
I think at that point you have a signed purchase order and binding deposit so they will sell you the car.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:40 AM
CL21
8th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Received my allocation for a Targa 4 GTS a few weeks ago with a delivery date in July (I put my name on the list in August). All of a sudden I get an e mail from Porsche stating my freeze day was in 15 days and they moved up my delivery date to April 19th. Let's see if this is really true. Ill keep you posted. Chicago dealer no ADM. 6 people are on the list for a Targa GTS now. I think it is 5-6 people for a Targa 4S as well for the same dealership.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:55 AM
doublejeopardy
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fractionofawhole
SA did confirm that they're not doing any ADM, which I was absolutely f'n floored upon hearing seeing as I'm in the Bay Area and they for sure could with the current market.
Would it be poor form to ask which dealer you were working with?
Old 01-20-2022, 05:56 AM
doublejeopardy
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CL21
Chicago dealer no ADM.
Also interested to know which dealer this is if you can say.

Quick Reply: GTS allocations