Sponsored by:

GTS allocations

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 08:05 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by woobiee
Yep that’s correct. Initially I was dreading for what looked like a 2023 delivery at the current rate. I’m car-less at the moment and now driving my fiancé’s car — very fortunate that this ED allowed me to take delivery later this year!

Yes sir it is.
Win-Win for you man. I think I'd take it IF European delivery is an option and or dream for your. Only complicating factor may be getting actual entry into country at the te time the car is ready pending the COVID19 state in the EU now. Omicron is raging and lots of countries are locking down travel a bit and social/activities without full vaccination plus booster shots. Hopefully done/over by then and your delivery but its just the unpredictable aspect of it that would be frustrating to me as it may delay your delivery. Congrats tho!
Old 01-08-2022, 08:13 PM
woobiee
Pro

Received 970 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Win-Win for you man. I think I'd take it IF European delivery is an option and or dream for your. Only complicating factor may be getting actual entry into country at the te time the car is ready pending the COVID19 state in the EU now. Omicron is raging and lots of countries are locking down travel a bit and social/activities without full vaccination plus booster shots. Hopefully done/over by then and your delivery but its just the unpredictable aspect of it that would be frustrating to me as it may delay your delivery. Congrats tho!
Thanks! We didn’t really wanted to do ED ourselves because of COVID, but it seems at the moment that any ‘delay’ with ED pales in comparison to how slowly allocations are being distributed. We did ED for my F82 M4 years ago and was a blast — this will probably be even better!

Plus we are getting married in early Aug and the estimated ED pickup is mid/late Aug so it’s a mini honeymoon? Hah
Old 01-08-2022, 11:38 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by woobiee
Thanks! We didn’t really wanted to do ED ourselves because of COVID, but it seems at the moment that any ‘delay’ with ED pales in comparison to how slowly allocations are being distributed. We did ED for my F82 M4 years ago and was a blast — this will probably be even better!

Plus we are getting married in early Aug and the estimated ED pickup is mid/late Aug so it’s a mini honeymoon? Hah
Now that sounds like a definite plan my friend. I'd do it too (ED for the 992 GTS) if I were you also! I mean why not? Best of both worlds...all world! . Congrats on both ends....ED for the car and wedding too! Life is too short not to enjoy the things one loves.
Old 01-09-2022, 01:13 PM
Litigator
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by TD_Tommy
I'm in the Market for a GTS allocation and willing to a "a bit" over MSRP. Can you share your Porsche contact?
Sure - send me a PM.
Old 01-09-2022, 01:26 PM
992longhorn
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am new to this forum and to Porsche world. I recently moved to a new city and finally have a chance to drive an incredible car. I ordered two Porsche one for my wife and one for me. When I put the deposit for a 992gts in June (the other Porsche isn’t a 992) we deposited cash and signed on the msrp price. After several rounds of negotiations we got verbal and text messages that I would be the first on the allocation from the manager then. Few months later there was a new manager promoted and she/he reshuffled priorities according to a “hierarchy” as he put it to me. He completely disregarded the prior promise they made and said it was a mistake. I won’t elaborate on how arrogant her/his tone was. I fully understand there are customers higher on the hierarchy than others, but that was determined when the prior manager gave us that promise. To add to this unprofessional behavior I have twice been told they will give me an update but with no feedback. So now there is this arbitrary every changing hierarchy algorithm and I have no idea when I will get an allocation. This is how they treat a customer buying two cars imagine if I had just bought one.

Any advice on how to deal with this, I think he is anew manger and is just over his head. Or there is internal politics that is percolating now with the old manager. I will take action for sure but do not want to escalate this unless I have to. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by 992longhorn; 01-09-2022 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:13 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by 992longhorn
Any advice on how to deal with this, I think he is anew manger and is just over his head. Or there is internal politics that is percolating now with the old manager. I will take action for sure but do not want to escalate this unless I have to. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think you have any real alternative but to wait, or go to a new dealer. There's no "action" to be taken; you don't have a contract or anything legally binding. Chalk it up to experience and walk.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:02 PM
NastyHabits
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 157 Posts

I am new to this forum and to Porsche world. I recently moved to a new city and finally have a chance to drive an incredible car. I ordered two Porsche one for my wife and one for me. When I put the deposit for a 992gts in June (the other Porsche isn’t a 992) we deposited cash and signed on the msrp price. After several rounds of negotiations we got verbal and text messages that I would be the first on the allocation from the manager then. Few months later there was a new manager promoted and she/he reshuffled priorities according to a “hierarchy” as he put it to me. He completely disregarded the prior promise they made and said it was a mistake. I won’t elaborate on how arrogant her/his tone was. I fully understand there are customers higher on the hierarchy than others, but that was determined when the prior manager gave us that promise. To add to this unprofessional behavior I have twice been told they will give me an update but with no feedback. So now there is this arbitrary every changing hierarchy algorithm and I have no idea when I will get an allocation. This is how they treat a customer buying two cars imagine if I had just bought one.

Ask to speak with the Dealer Principal. If the dealer is a multi franchise group, ask to speak with the Executive Manager. If the arrogance continues at the next level, move on.
The following 2 users liked this post by NastyHabits:
992longhorn (01-11-2022), icanthelpit (01-09-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 11:13 AM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Can the consignment number change during the course of the build?
I had a consignment number attached to my email and I was able to track the progress with PTYD.

But recently it got removed. I called up Porsche NA. They said the consignment number is no longer in my name. The Consignment number attached to my email is different. Thus, curious if it changes during the course of the build?
Old 01-11-2022, 11:43 AM
992longhorn
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. This is helpful feedback
Old 01-11-2022, 12:27 PM
Reddemon73
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

long time gear head and this will be my first P car. A have a few questions hoping members can help:

-I will be turning 50 in September 2023 and what better way to celebrate than gifting myself my first 911 Targa GTS. My question is how far in advance should I place an order in order for September 2023 delivery?

-I also want to take delivery of the car at the LA performance center. I noticed that option is no longer available when I was building the car yesterday. What happened?

-Since I am going to be taking delivery at the LA center, I would like a recommendation for a good dealership to put in my order. Prefer a dealership that do not required a $30k deposit.

thank you all.

David
Old 01-11-2022, 12:28 PM
NastyHabits
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 157 Posts

Thanks. This is helpful feedback
I am an ex Dealer Principal and still a Dealer Owner. My interpretation of the new Sales Manager "hierarchy" is code for, "my pay plan bonus is based on gross profit and I'm going to maximize it" or a desire to have departmental profit numbers to impress the Boss. I could just as easily be way off as well. In any case, if you can get to the Dealer Principal or Exec. Mgr. I think you will find most of them to be understanding and customer focused when presented a reasonable case, which yours is based on the 2 car purchase and prior Mgr. promise.
Old 01-11-2022, 12:53 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by Reddemon73
Hello all,

long time gear head and this will be my first P car. A have a few questions hoping members can help:

-I will be turning 50 in September 2023 and what better way to celebrate than gifting myself my first 911 Targa GTS. My question is how far in advance should I place an order in order for September 2023 delivery?

-I also want to take delivery of the car at the LA performance center. I noticed that option is no longer available when I was building the car yesterday. What happened?

-Since I am going to be taking delivery at the LA center, I would like a recommendation for a good dealership to put in my order. Prefer a dealership that do not required a $30k deposit.

thank you all.

David

Figure 4-5 months from the time you place the order to delivery. Maybe add another month onto that for PEC deliver (assuming it is available then). Given the wait times, I would put myself on a list now. If you get an allocation too early, you can always have them skip you. if you are too late you are SOL. They have suspended delivery (for most cars) at LA PEC due to capacity issues. Its anyone's guess when that will go back to normal.

I would pick a local dealer that is willing to sell you the car at MSRP. Given your timeline, that may be doable. I would not put more than a $1-2K fully refundable deposit until such time as I have an allocation and am placing the order.
Old 01-11-2022, 03:34 PM
Reddemon73
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew46
Figure 4-5 months from the time you place the order to delivery. Maybe add another month onto that for PEC deliver (assuming it is available then). Given the wait times, I would put myself on a list now. If you get an allocation too early, you can always have them skip you. if you are too late you are SOL. They have suspended delivery (for most cars) at LA PEC due to capacity issues. Its anyone's guess when that will go back to normal.

I would pick a local dealer that is willing to sell you the car at MSRP. Given your timeline, that may be doable. I would not put more than a $1-2K fully refundable deposit until such time as I have an allocation and am placing the order.
thank you for your input.
Old 01-11-2022, 04:07 PM
centaur
Banned

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Gotta feel bad for the guys who make good faith deposits on new vehicles "to be built" and then find themselves rear ended by some greaseball car dealer manager/owner. Nice way to tell someone that you have no respect for them and do not value their business. Amazing how the car business seems to get away with this scumbag stuff while other venues would end up in litigation if they were violating business agreements.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:39 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew46

I seriously doubt only a 4-5 month wait for a GTS Targa as Reddemon73 seeks. At least double that. 4-5 months wait is now for a Coupe once an allocation is assigned.

Last edited by icanthelpit; 01-11-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Quick Reply: GTS allocations