Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When To Place An Order For MY 2023?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2022 | 02:25 PM
lone992
Instructor

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
Very intelligent build code. You got the basic necessities with a couple of nice touches. You might consider sport seats for another 400 or so for the upgraded look.
Thanks! I've limited myself to an approx. 134K budget. So with this build, I tried to give my self a little bit of wiggle room for an anticipated MY price increase. However, a lot has changed with the global economy since I put down my deposit last September. If the new price increases are totally out of whack, I'm thinking I could probably drop the PSE and opt for one of the standard interior choices and even one of the standard colors if I have to. Trying to be very flexible here to keep the dream alive.
Old 04-14-2022 | 02:44 PM
SpyderTarga
Instructor

For those curious, I got word that my MY22 will now be a MY23 now and that PCCBs are available again on GTS, they were rejected before due to supply shortages.
Old 04-14-2022 | 03:08 PM
Drew46
Drifting

Originally Posted by SpyderTarga
For those curious, I got word that my MY22 will now be a MY23 now and that PCCBs are available again on GTS, they were rejected before due to supply shortages.
Did they give any indication on the 23 pricing?
Old 04-14-2022 | 06:38 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

None.
Old 04-14-2022 | 06:39 PM
SpyderTarga
Instructor

Originally Posted by Drew46
Did they give any indication on the 23 pricing?
They did mention it’s likely to go up a couple percent
Old 04-14-2022 | 07:17 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

They did mention it’s likely to go up a couple percent
I can go with a price increase. I have no locked in price. I already own a perfect 2020 Porsche 911 (992) so need no clear deal.

I think we will be in a recession in early 2023 so prices will go lower.
Old 04-14-2022 | 07:42 PM
WoosterTim
3rd Gear

fair warning, i didn't read everything from 2021 through to today. I did read some.

My question if you can advise, inform or educate me. Offer from Dealer to be placed on waitlist stating 5 or 8 ahead of me. 5 for base car, 8 for S. I configured a build with probably more options than i actually would purchase. Do or should I tell the dealer agent that in advance? Secondly, I asked the Agent about MSRP and add over/under adjustments. Agent replied the do not ask for more than MSRP, but do require either some financing or leasing. They do not ask for a deposit to be on the wait list. What are your thoughts on this? what should I ask in addition or try to confirm in advance. Like many of you, i find myself in a position where i can afford to buy a new one, kind of unexpectedly instead of a prior owned one. Frankly the used market has pushed me to go new to avoid the unscrupulous.
Old 04-17-2022 | 05:07 AM
GoGooseman
Intermediate

Can you share more details on how you were notified and what your dates were? By ref I have a C2S that was scheduled for production in June and delivery in Aug, but everything moved a month for me, building in July and delivery mid-Sept.

Im curious if mine will still be a MY22.
Old 04-17-2022 | 01:23 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GoGooseman
Can you share more details on how you were notified and what your dates were? By ref I have a C2S that was scheduled for production in June and delivery in Aug, but everything moved a month for me, building in July and delivery mid-Sept.

Historically, MY change overs happen in July. So your car may be a 23 MY
The following users liked this post:
GoGooseman (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022 | 03:14 PM
SpyderTarga
Instructor

Originally Posted by GoGooseman

I was told my order will be an October build and even later delivery. I would bet yours is still a 2022 and would be completed right before the august shut down. Delivery date in September allows a month for shipping and port.

The MyPorsche page showing the car build disappeared for now and will come back when the allocations/embargoes are released.

Last edited by SpyderTarga; 04-17-2022 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-25-2022 | 12:48 AM
lone992
Instructor

My SA has no new news to share with me concerning MY 2023 Carreras. Well not exactly, since placing my deposit last September and telling me I was #1 in line for a MY 2023 C2S allocation, apparently now I'm #2. LOL
Old 05-25-2022 | 12:49 PM
Matjaz
Instructor

I too placed my deposit in Sept 2021. I was with my SA this weekend and I'm currently #1 in line for C2S Convertible. Problem is that C2S Cab allocation are getting rare as Porsche prioritizes higher margin versions for example they get way more GTS allocations, but that line is long, so switching to GTS would put me way back in line. Same with Turbo/Turbo S. Lots of slot available there.
He told me mine will definitely be MY23 as are most they are getting now. Also there will be price increase for MY23. He did not tell me how much.

They are deleting some options (due to chip shortages). PDCC and PCCB are being deleted in builds...

Interesting I was asking about Cayenne GTS Coupe (for my wife)...you can get that allocation easy today :-).

Last edited by Matjaz; 05-25-2022 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-25-2022 | 01:48 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by WoosterTim
fair warning, i didn't read everything from 2021 through to today. I did read some.

My question if you can advise, inform or educate me. Offer from Dealer to be placed on waitlist stating 5 or 8 ahead of me. 5 for base car, 8 for S. I configured a build with probably more options than i actually would purchase. Do or should I tell the dealer agent that in advance? Secondly, I asked the Agent about MSRP and add over/under adjustments. Agent replied the do not ask for more than MSRP, but do require either some financing or leasing. They do not ask for a deposit to be on the wait list. What are your thoughts on this? what should I ask in addition or try to confirm in advance. Like many of you, i find myself in a position where i can afford to buy a new one, kind of unexpectedly instead of a prior owned one. Frankly the used market has pushed me to go new to avoid the unscrupulous.
That sounds about normal. With respect to financing, do you intend to pay cash or finance some of the purchase? If you plan to finance, ask what their rate is and if you can beat their rate, see if their finance company can match. Other than that, sounds reasonable overall. My dealer did not require a deposit until an allocation became available and I submitted my build. They asked for $5K.
Old 09-10-2022 | 04:52 PM
lone992
Instructor

So the waiting game for a MY 2023 C2S manual allocation continues for me. MY SA is telling me that I'm now back to #1 on the list and an allocation should be on the horizon within the next couple of months. The higher MY 2023 pricing and increasing loan rates hasn't derailed my dream yet, but it's making it tougher.

I've tweaked my original spec., mostly by removing PSE and upgrading the interior.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYW2JS3
Old 09-10-2022 | 05:50 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lone992
..So the waiting game for a MY 2023 C2S manual allocation continues for me...
Porsche NA sent me a confirmation last month on my 2023 Porsche. Yes, it included the price increase.

Quick Reply: When To Place An Order For MY 2023?