My 911 is in the shop blues thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 04:20 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,600 Likes on 816 Posts
Default My 911 is in the shop blues thread

Anyone had their 911 in the shop for a few days? Mine is in there to replace the elevated brake light below the spoiler (under warranty) which is already fixed, but I'm also asking them to address an interior panel rattle.

This is my 6th day without my car and I'm driving a snoozefest of a loaner Cayenne. My DD is even more of a snoozefest.

I'm singing the blues. Anybody else been in this situation? What do you advise? Regular cars are SOOOOOOOOO boring.....
Old 09-01-2021, 05:19 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

My engine mount bulletin took a few days. Wait is painful, but will be over soon.
Old 09-01-2021, 05:31 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 509 Likes on 262 Posts

Yes for the past 6 days now :/ as stated in my other thread… for gps/nav module not working warnings, low mpg fuel economy, and couple minor other issues, but still no real update from the dealer.

Only positive out of all this time is getting a nice comfy Cayenne coupe to abuse on road trips.
Old 09-01-2021, 10:51 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 706 Likes on 278 Posts

Before getting my 911, I would have thought this is a cry-baby thread. But I have seen the light. Now I understand. I fear the eventual withdrawal upon servicing...
Old 09-02-2021, 11:00 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

My blues are offset today by a proper loaner while the C4S is in for state inspection and new rear tires. 👍

Old 09-02-2021, 01:23 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

^ Nice! I'm not much into EVs, but I hope you're enjoying it.

I was offered a Taycan loaner as well, but declined because I don't think I have the proper set up for charging
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 01:23 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Btw, the blues are about to end for me shortly. Getting my car back within the hour. Sadly, they haven't quite figured out what is causing the cabin rattle
Old 09-02-2021, 01:57 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 509 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
Btw, the blues are about to end for me shortly. Getting my car back within the hour. Sadly, they haven't quite figured out what is causing the cabin rattle
A lot of the rattle issues on the 992 (including mine) are from the lower door seals which they replaced and resolved from an earlier visit. The glass sunroof can also cause rattles.
The following users liked this post:
Tupper (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 02:41 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Mine is unique, from what the techs are telling me.

You hear a buzzing sound from the passenger rear with heavy throttle. It also accompanies downshifts at low speeds. So it has something to do with engine vibrations transmitting through the cabin.

They looked at all of the paneling in the area and didn't find any issues with any clips, etc. Now they want to replace the speaker tweeter. Music through the speaker has always sounded clean and crisp, so it's weird.

It's not that big of a deal if this problem never gets solved, it's not a huge issue. But heck, if I can get this addressed under warranty for free, why not?
Old 09-02-2021, 02:53 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,542 Likes on 5,065 Posts

You hear a buzzing sound from the passenger rear with heavy throttle. It also accompanies downshifts at low speeds. So it has something to do with engine vibrations transmitting through the cabin.

They looked at all of the paneling in the area and didn't find any issues with any clips, etc. Now they want to replace the speaker tweeter. Music through the speaker has always sounded clean and crisp, so it's weird.

It's not that big of a deal if this problem never gets solved, it's not a huge issue. But heck, if I can get this addressed under warranty for free, why not?
Do you get the buzzing sound with the stereo both on and off?

I had a buzzing noise on my 991 C4S on the passenger side speaker under hard throttle only when the Bose stereo was turned on. It would go away for about a week or two if I pounded the speaker with my fist a couple of times. Never bothered to take her into the dealer, I figured the less they take apart the panels the better.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:35 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,946 Likes on 789 Posts

I had a very annoying high pitched buzzing or chirping sound coming from the left rear seat area. It usually happened around highway speeds (50+ mph) and was persistent. It turned out to the the left rear pass seatbelt holder. When I tapped on it, it would buzz/rattle much more so than the seatbelt holder on the right rear. I had a passenger sit in the back and when she pressed on the left rear seatbelt holder, the buzzing/clicking went away. I put the seatbelt buckle into the holder and that has pretty much eliminated the noise. Not sure if that is your issue, but try putting the seatbelt buckle into the holder and see if that eliminates the buzzing.

With respect to speakers, the driver's side door on my car rattles when I play music with strong bass. Going to take it in to dealer to fix. Hopefully they won't break or lose any clips and make it worse.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:39 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,057 Likes on 532 Posts

I gave up. I asked Porsche to buy back my car. I have too many issues dealers keep telling me they hear and agree with me that it doesnt sound right at all. But all end up telling me Porsche said its normal characteristic. Not buying it or accepting that nonsense.

1.) Clicking noise is driving me nuts now that I have been driving in normal mode (got tired the pops 24/7)
2.) Low harmonic drone "honk" 1500-1900 rpm.
3.) Passenger seat vibrates like a tuning fork unless someone sit in it.
4.) Passenger seat has a rattle
5.) PDK paddles didnt work when I picked it up. Shifter started blinking the PARKING LED when going down highway. Replaced.
6.) Comfort access doesn't work 100% of time.

Im just over

Last edited by BIGWORM; 09-02-2021 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:45 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts

Anyone had their 911 in the shop for a few days? .... This is my 6th day without my car and I'm driving a snoozefest of a loaner Cayenne. My DD is even more of a snoozefest.
Cayenne sounds pretty awesome compared to the Prius I was given by a Cincinnati dealership.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:48 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,134 Likes on 1,462 Posts

The problem is the Cayenne is a base. I guarantee you if they handed you a GTS or Turbo version, you'd be much happier Hey, at least its Porsche. I was given a Toyota Avalon loaner not too long ago and had to drive it for a day. It was so bad, that I thought "So, this is what Hell is like".

This will make you appreciate your 992 all over again when you get it back.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:53 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Do you get the buzzing sound with the stereo both on and off?

I had a buzzing noise on my 991 C4S on the passenger side speaker under hard throttle only when the Bose stereo was turned on. It would go away for about a week or two if I pounded the speaker with my fist a couple of times. Never bothered to take her into the dealer, I figured the less they take apart the panels the better.
It happens irrespective of whether the speakers are on or off

Quick Reply: My 911 is in the shop blues thread