Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 02:32 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,627 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
Congratulations.

Additional thoughts...
  • Spend the $1500 on PTV+. The C4 is currently the only way to get a limited slip differential with the Base engine. Money well spent.
  • Invest in a Porsche winter/wheel set. Your dealer and SA can cut you a deal and include them in the purchase, typically at a very nice discount. With the winter wheels/tires, the car will be a beast on cold road surfaces, even when there's no snow or wet on the ground. Given the timing of your car, you're going to want to drive this thing.
Not adding PTV+ to a C4 - especially one that's winter driven - would be a grievous oversight. It comes with the Sport Package, but if for whatever reason someone doesn't want PSE or Sport Chrono, I'd still advise ticking the PTV+ box. The 20/21 Porsche winter wheel set in black is very nice, however the 19/20 set is the better choice: a bit more sidewall to soak up road irregularities, quite attractive in person and significantly less expensive. The 19/20 winter tires will likely continue to be easier to source when it comes time for replacement and will be significantly cheaper than the 20/21 size. Yes, you can go aftermarket on wheels, but I appreciate knowing the offset is correct (winter wheel offset on the 19/20s is different than the same style of wheels for summer) and the fit will be perfect with the Porsche-supplied wheels.

Last edited by gcurnew; 07-01-2021 at 02:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (07-01-2021)

Quick Reply: Buying my first Porsche … need your help and advise