Sponsored by:

992 GTS Configurator is up

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 06:49 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
I re-configured my $159,100 MSRP 2021 C2S as close as possible to a 2022 GTS. I'm coming up with an MSRP of $154,330 (PNZA7768). Basically I'd get 30 more HP, loose some sound deadening and I'd get a rear facia I don't care for as much. So it'd be doable. The "REAL" problem (for me) is that I'd not be able to stay with just mirroring my 2021 C2S. As a result my MSRP would jump to $171,070.00 due primarily (although not exclusively) to the Interior change and adding PCCB. (PNKN7TC5)
So far (and I've had my 992 5 days and driven it 3 times) the only thing I think I wish I'd optioned and didn't was surround view. The sensor alarms are nice, but my tight garage could probably be easier to park in with some front facing bumper cams.

Am I right that the Surround View doesn't add the big nub, that's just ACC. I think I was worried about that and said no when it would have been a good idea. Didn't want the ACC nub.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:05 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,647 Likes on 1,246 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Am I right that the Surround View doesn't add the big nub, that's just ACC.
I believe you are correct, that the "Nub" is just an ACC thing. I can't be sure because I have ACC and I also have the 2021 version of "Surround View". However, getting "Surround View" on my C2S was because I checked the box for the "Premium Package" (P3R) which includes "Surround View" (KA6) but does NOT include ACC. ACC was an entirely separate and unique stand alone option (8T3) for me.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:47 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 434 Posts

So far (and I've had my 992 5 days and driven it 3 times) the only thing I think I wish I'd optioned and didn't was surround view. The sensor alarms are nice, but my tight garage could probably be easier to park in with some front facing bumper cams.

Am I right that the Surround View doesn't add the big nub, that's just ACC. I think I was worried about that and said no when it would have been a good idea. Didn't want the ACC nub.
Yes I have surround view and do not have ACC. No nub. I didn’t want it breaking up the clean lines.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:44 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Am I right that the Surround View doesn't add the big nub, that's just ACC.
Correct, no 'big nub'. Just a small one (and I'll leave the ageist jokes to others!)

The following users liked this post:
jtsrenn (07-05-2022)
Old 06-24-2021, 12:33 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,647 Likes on 1,246 Posts

If you have ACC it'll have "HAL". Take a look below and you can see what it looks like when HAL is Asleep vs when Awake.
It's a cameo appearance. He stared in a film back in 1968 (or was it 2001?).
Anyhow . . .

The following 5 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
aggie57 (06-24-2021), CO 992 (06-24-2021), Garydose (09-27-2021), jfr0317 (06-24-2021), jtsrenn (07-05-2022)
Old 06-24-2021, 12:54 AM
SBAD
Pro

Received 706 Likes on 278 Posts

Yawn... I don't really see anything very compelling over my C2S. Unless you track, an additional 30hp and 28mm of brake rotor diameter will make a ZERO difference in the real world. When and if I want, I will add a tune and get another 50-60hp.

Great marketing though...
Old 06-24-2021, 01:24 AM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,479 Posts

Originally Posted by SBAD
Yawn... I don't really see anything very compelling over my C2S. Unless you track, an additional 30hp and 28mm of brake rotor diameter will make a ZERO difference in the real world. When and if I want, I will add a tune and get another 50-60hp.

Great marketing though...
Best part of their marketing strategy is the ‘lightweight package’. It screams poor mans GT3. I don’t see any sense in adding buckets & losing the backseats in a Carrera. The T was a perfect example of that. If I wanted to forgo backseats & have the sweet LWB’s. I would just pay the extra ADM for a 992 GT3 or buy a 991.2 GT3 & get the NA 4.0 which makes it worth the premium. We all know Porsche is going to tack on ‘market adjustments’ to GTS allocations.
SBAD (06-24-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 01:34 AM
SBAD
Pro

Received 706 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by smiles11
Best part of their marketing strategy is the ‘lightweight package’. It screams poor mans GT3. I don’t see any sense in adding buckets & losing the backseats in a Carrera. The T was a perfect example of that. If I wanted to forgo backseats & have the sweet LWB’s. I would just pay the extra ADM for a 992 GT3 or buy a 991.2 GT3 & get the NA 4.0 which makes it worth the premium. We all know Porsche is going to tack on ‘market adjustments’ to GTS allocations.
I also repeatedly read that the LWB are a PITA to get in and out of on a regular basis. As a daily driver, having that option would be aggravating over time.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:29 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

For amusement, I was able to configure a $255,460 GTS with the currently available options.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZ7FKM9

I am pretty sure that this is the current "maximum build" possible through the configurator.
aggie57 (06-24-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 09:53 AM
PBM
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
For amusement, I was able to configure a $255,460 GTS with the currently available options.

I am pretty sure that this is the current "maximum build" possible through the configurator.
Mad huh ? and for 30K less ...a go crazy spec on a new GT3 ( including the custom colour ) as USA prices
detansinn (06-24-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 11:06 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn

Close. $256,680 if you add carbon fiber interior and sills.
The following 2 users liked this post by rk-d:
detansinn (06-24-2021), EXFIB (07-05-2022)
Old 06-24-2021, 01:01 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by CO 992
Unless you're a big money VIP guy at your dealer, that 175k is actually 215k+ after ADM, FYI....
This ...no one is ever going to see MSRP for a GT3. However, once this chip shortage thing goes away, I'm pretty sure ADM will not be a thing for GTS'
rewardforsuccess (06-24-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 01:06 PM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts
Talking To AERO or NOT to AERO... That is the question? + 20 Opinions on the GTS

Hello GTS fans... I forgot my login to Rennlist and couldn't log into my other account so I started another one. IF you can't tell by the name, I am spec'ing out a 992 GTS in Shark Blue. My build is 148K which is less than my previous C4S build 3 years ago.

Question for me is SHOULD I add the gloss back package ( you get ALOT for a good price ).
  • Front fascia partially painted in High Gloss Black
  • SportDesign Side Skirts in High Gloss Black
  • 20"/21" 911 Turbo S Wheels in High Gloss Black
  • Exterior mirrors in High Gloss Black
  • Rear fascia partially in High Gloss Black
  • Rear deck lid slat inlays in High Gloss Black

Also, I keep going back and forth with the AEROKIT option as well, even better looking in Gloss Black. I know some Porsche junkies will poke fun at the AEROKIT but I just think those are the guys that option their 992 in Agate Grey with Slate Interior.. BORING. (My 2018 911.2 was Agate Grey so I am allowed to talk sh*t).

I miss PORSCHE, so here it begins again. Deposit is in, waiting on allocation for Carrera GTS 2WD in Shark Blue. In terms of the configuration for the 992 GTS, here are 20 opinions from my experience owning and driving around in some friend's wildly optioned 911s:
  1. Get the 2WD when you can, more engaging and nimble.
  2. The glass roof let's light in, the steel doesn't unless it's open. Pick your poison. Both help you hear the PSE. No roof makes the cabin seem smaller and doesn't improved rigidity as much as you may think.
  3. Get a color that you love, resell value aside, it is your car and should reflect your personality.
  4. Stick with the standard leather, the $8,920 GTS interior brings in the overpriced carbon fiber and way too much money for what you get.
  5. No carbon fiber, just boycotting it. Unless I ever get a GT2/3 RS. Then, it's part of the "image".
  6. Stay away from the ventilated seats, they make the seat more firm on your *** and adds more weight
  7. Sport Seat 4 way is the way to go
  8. No need for premium package on the GTS, just add the ambient Lighting and the Bose separately. This is a 911 not S Class, you don't need surround view, or lane change assist. Drive the car.
  9. Folding mirrors add weight and look silly when up.
  10. Vinyl stickers are a personal preference, do as you wish but know that it may be cheaper to do at a detail shop.
  11. The paint protection is done third party for OEM anyways, just get the car and have a local detail shop do it for you, if you have a good shop near you.
  12. Black Stone guards take away from the lines of the car, not a fan. Also, no need for a fire extinguisher, only when you have a roll cage in my opinion.
  13. You shouldn't need an extended fuel tanks nor anything else in the performance section other than front axle lift... get that on every GTS, will be needed and much desired when reselling.
  14. The brakes and suspension is tuned specifically for this car and with larger Turbo brakes, I'm not going to spend 9K on PCCB.
  15. PDCC, Rear Wheel Steering, and Power Steering plus is truly not needed. The car is well built as is. Power steering if you drive in a tight packing garage maybe... PDCC and RWS if you are a weekly track nut.
  16. Not sure what Illuminated Lateral Gills on Taillights is but i think it makes it look like the GT3 side LED in the rear. Any ideas???
  17. Interior Trim Inlays in Leather helps to fill in the gaps in the interior plastics and add's a nice light silver trim to lighten up the interior. and it's FREE
  18. Last but not least, I added Silver Seat Belts and White Tach and Chrono to add more lighter contrast to the black interior.
  19. Delivery Experience.. Go for it if this is your first build!
  20. Ohh and don't do the Storage Package or Smoking Package, just because they are free doesn't mean they are needed. Most higher end spec's I've seen over the years don't option either.

The Aerokit I like but I'm on the fence. ANY FEEDBACK or counter arguments on the above 20 statements? Thanks!
911Stiller (06-24-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 07:00 PM
socalsharky
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

What happened to the 3D configurator? I looked a few months ago, and it was working for all the 911 models except the Targa.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:40 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkGTS
Hello GTS fans... I forgot my login to Rennlist and couldn't log into my other account so I started another one. IF you can't tell by the name, I am spec'ing out a 992 GTS in Shark Blue. My build is 148K which is less than my previous C4S build 3 years ago.

Question for me is SHOULD I add the gloss back package ( you get ALOT for a good price ).
  • Front fascia partially painted in High Gloss Black
  • SportDesign Side Skirts in High Gloss Black
  • 20"/21" 911 Turbo S Wheels in High Gloss Black
  • Exterior mirrors in High Gloss Black
  • Rear fascia partially in High Gloss Black
  • Rear deck lid slat inlays in High Gloss Black

Also, I keep going back and forth with the AEROKIT option as well, even better looking in Gloss Black. I know some Porsche junkies will poke fun at the AEROKIT but I just think those are the guys that option their 992 in Agate Grey with Slate Interior.. BORING. (My 2018 911.2 was Agate Grey so I am allowed to talk sh*t).

I miss PORSCHE, so here it begins again. Deposit is in, waiting on allocation for Carrera GTS 2WD in Shark Blue. In terms of the configuration for the 992 GTS, here are 20 opinions from my experience owning and driving around in some friend's wildly optioned 911s:
  1. Get the 2WD when you can, more engaging and nimble.
  2. The glass roof let's light in, the steel doesn't unless it's open. Pick your poison. Both help you hear the PSE. No roof makes the cabin seem smaller and doesn't improved rigidity as much as you may think.
  3. Get a color that you love, resell value aside, it is your car and should reflect your personality.
  4. Stick with the standard leather, the $8,920 GTS interior brings in the overpriced carbon fiber and way too much money for what you get.
  5. No carbon fiber, just boycotting it. Unless I ever get a GT2/3 RS. Then, it's part of the "image".
  6. Stay away from the ventilated seats, they make the seat more firm on your *** and adds more weight
  7. Sport Seat 4 way is the way to go
  8. No need for premium package on the GTS, just add the ambient Lighting and the Bose separately. This is a 911 not S Class, you don't need surround view, or lane change assist. Drive the car.
  9. Folding mirrors add weight and look silly when up.
  10. Vinyl stickers are a personal preference, do as you wish but know that it may be cheaper to do at a detail shop.
  11. The paint protection is done third party for OEM anyways, just get the car and have a local detail shop do it for you, if you have a good shop near you.
  12. Black Stone guards take away from the lines of the car, not a fan. Also, no need for a fire extinguisher, only when you have a roll cage in my opinion.
  13. You shouldn't need an extended fuel tanks nor anything else in the performance section other than front axle lift... get that on every GTS, will be needed and much desired when reselling.
  14. The brakes and suspension is tuned specifically for this car and with larger Turbo brakes, I'm not going to spend 9K on PCCB.
  15. PDCC, Rear Wheel Steering, and Power Steering plus is truly not needed. The car is well built as is. Power steering if you drive in a tight packing garage maybe... PDCC and RWS if you are a weekly track nut.
  16. Not sure what Illuminated Lateral Gills on Taillights is but i think it makes it look like the GT3 side LED in the rear. Any ideas???
  17. Interior Trim Inlays in Leather helps to fill in the gaps in the interior plastics and add's a nice light silver trim to lighten up the interior. and it's FREE
  18. Last but not least, I added Silver Seat Belts and White Tach and Chrono to add more lighter contrast to the black interior.
  19. Delivery Experience.. Go for it if this is your first build!
  20. Ohh and don't do the Storage Package or Smoking Package, just because they are free doesn't mean they are needed. Most higher end spec's I've seen over the years don't option either.

The Aerokit I like but I'm on the fence. ANY FEEDBACK or counter arguments on the above 20 statements? Thanks!
I think #9 is extremely silly, especially when those same people will opt for the glass moonroof. The added weight of the motor in a power mirror is negligible....and honestly, no power folding mirrors on a 100k car is pretty silly. They might look silly when folded, but what folded mirror doesn't look silly?!?!? It's only designed for tight spots and keeping jerks from banging your mirrors off when you're parked along curbs or in parking spaces. Have your mirror messed up a few times and you'll come to appreciate a power folding mirror.

P.S. Pay the 2k and get the AeroKit wing. It looks great.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 06-24-2021 at 08:42 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by M3Inline6:
911Stiller (06-28-2021), APEX GT3 (06-25-2021), dhirm5 (06-28-2021), SBAD (06-25-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 GTS Configurator is up