Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2022 | 04:29 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dhirm5
Are these center locks on a Base/S?
No. Rotiform offers an optional Hexagonal Center Cap which is surrounded by an aluminum ring that hides the wheel bolt pattern underneath.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 08-29-2022 | 05:22 PM
socalsharky
Advanced

Default Best Upgrade Path for GTS Wheels?

I have an allocation for a GTS that locks in November. I really don't care for any of the GTS wheel options. I am thinking of the following possibilities:
  • Order the car with the black Turbo CL's. I could either have them refinished similar to the CLs that are offered with the Turbo (silver faced spokes), or sell the wheels and go aftermarket
  • Order the car with either the RS Spyder or Carrera 5-lug wheels, sell and go aftermarket.
What is the market for new take-off wheels? I see sets listed on Ebay for $3k - $6k. Do aftermarket companies like Wheel Boutique or Wheel Enhancement in LA take the OEM wheels in trade? If not, I guess there is always Craigslist or Ebay, but what a hassle.
Or do most people keep the OEM wheels to put back on the care for future sale or trade? If so, then there is the issue of selling or reusing the aftermarket wheels. I would rather not store the wheels if possible.

Which OEM wheels would have the highest resale value? I would imagine it would be one of the 5-lug wheels, since so many fewer cars can take CL's.

Any Idea on the cost of refinishing wheels?

TIA for any advice.

Old 08-29-2022 | 05:29 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by socalsharky
What is the market for new take-off wheels? I see sets listed on Ebay for $3k - $6k. Do aftermarket companies like Wheel Boutique or Wheel Enhancement in LA take the OEM wheels in trade? If not, I guess there is always Craigslist or Ebay, but what a hassle.
Or do most people keep the OEM wheels to put back on the care for future sale or trade? If so, then there is the issue of selling or reusing the aftermarket wheels. I would rather not store the wheels if possible.

Which OEM wheels would have the highest resale value? I would imagine it would be one of the 5-lug wheels, since so many fewer cars can take CL's.

Any Idea on the cost of refinishing wheels?
Ebay is a good indicator of what OEM wheels go for. We do not take OEM wheels on trade as our clients are only interested in aftermarket wheels. With that said, if you were to purchase an aftermarket set of wheels from us, we could sell the OEM wheels on consignment for you free of cost. It may take a while as I mentioned before, people usually only contact us for aftermarket wheels. But at the very least, they will be out of your hair and stored at our facility at no cost.

Highest re-sale value would be the top-of-the-line 5-lug options as they'd be able to be used across a larger number of 992's.

Refinishing OEM wheels can cost anywhere from $100 per wheel to $750 per wheel depending on difficult of the finish and also quality of work.
Old 08-29-2022 | 05:38 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

What David said. Either way it will take some time to sell OEM wheels as they are specific.to 992 fitments and not for older models. With that said, I think it's easier to seel some.of the upgraded options like the RS Spyder or Exclusive wheels...someone may want to upgrade from basic wheels or have a second setbfor winter use.

In terms of keeping them: if you have the space and don't care to not sell them - opt for the cheapest base wheel and put it back on when you sell or trade the car. Your aftermarket wheel will not increase your car value or if anything reduce the chance of finding a buyer as nobody wants to pay for your taste of wheels.
Old 08-30-2022 | 02:34 AM
Marcha
Instructor

Default Turbo S C/Lock Exclusive rims on GTS

Hi: Has anybody fitted or seen photos fitted of the GTS with the bigger Turbo S C/Lock Exclusive rims.
From the “will they fit” site, the rears seem fine, 16mm closer to the strut with only 3mm more poke.
I have rear wheel steer on my GTS but if they don’t foul on the Turbo then they should be ok on the GTS as I understand it to utilize the same suspension and brakes.

The fronts could be an issue. GTS std are 8.5 & 50 offset, Turbo exclusive are 9.5 & 44 offset which adds up to about 20mm more rim poke & 13mm closer to the strut.

I want to give the rims a go but primarily concerned about the extra 20mm poke on the fronts. I don’t want them to be far outside the arches and pepper the rear with road debris as well as just looking wrong.

What do the wheel experts think. Will the GTS take another 20mm poke on the front. I don’t have my car yet so looking for opinion and experience of others.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2022 | 10:56 AM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Has anyone tried the Conti SportContact 7 yet?

Coming from Michelin Sport Cup 2 to MPS4S has been a disappointment for front end feel. Need an all-rounder for daily but the MP4S is lacking IMHO.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket wheel / offset/ suspension thread