Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Buyer - C2 or C2S?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2021 | 09:08 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yes, and the S gets bigger brakes and bigger wheels. This stuff is not just about 0-60.
The following users liked this post:
phaser (05-18-2021)
Old 05-17-2021 | 09:18 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by detansinn
A couple of years ago, I was driving my Alfa Romeo 4C Spider down a wonderful back road, minding my own business, and just enjoying the drive. At some point, in a passing glance, I noticed an orange BMW in my rearview mirror, but I didn't pay any attention to him. I had my car, top down, and driving one of my favorite local roads -- near perfect day. I've been down this section of road dozens of times (if not hundreds) . I know every bump/irregularity and the correct line to take through it. I really enjoy solo spirited drives down this section of road and I was coming up to one of my favorite corners.
Well, the orange BMW M2 made himself known. As I exited the turn, I heard a crash behind me and saw that the BMW driver had plowed right into the guard rail. I stopped and checked to see that he was okay. He was, because he was shouting profanities at me and giving me the finger. That was my cue, to hop back in the Alfa and let this idiot sort his life out. If you're local to me, you now know why this section of guard rail was replaced..
LOL, that's not a turn . . . it's a 90 degree intersection. You shoulda used your turn signal, so as to let that BMW know what you were going to do.
Old 05-17-2021 | 09:26 PM
westcoastj
Pro

Anybody else think the base C2 rims looks better than then C2S rims? If there was an option, I would have gotten the base rims over my S rims
por356 (05-17-2021)
Old 05-17-2021 | 10:47 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by westcoastj
Anybody else think the base C2 rims looks better than then C2S rims? If there was an option, I would have gotten the base rims over my S rims
My winter wheels are the base design with the winter offsets. They are handsome wheels.

The following 2 users liked this post by detansinn:
kwikit356 (05-18-2021), westcoastj (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021 | 11:13 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by detansinn
A couple of years ago, I was driving my Alfa Romeo 4C Spider down a wonderful back road, minding my own business, and just enjoying the drive. At some point, in a passing glance, I noticed an orange BMW in my rearview mirror, but I didn't pay any attention to him. I had my car, top down, and driving one of my favorite local roads -- near perfect day. I've been down this section of road dozens of times (if not hundreds) . I know every bump/irregularity and the correct line to take through it. I really enjoy solo spirited drives down this section of road and I was coming up to one of my favorite corners.

Well, the orange BMW M2 made himself known. As I exited the turn, I heard a crash behind me and saw that the BMW driver had plowed right into the guard rail. I stopped and checked to see that he was okay. He was, because he was shouting profanities at me and giving me the finger. That was my cue, to hop back in the Alfa and let this idiot sort his life out. If you're local to me, you now know why this section of guard rail was replaced.

Don't race people on the street. It's dumb and dangerous. It doesn't matter what car your driving. Buying car X or leasing BMW Y isn't going to grant you magic skills -- it doesn't make you a faster driver. Even in a straight line, you can get into trouble. There are so many "supercar" fails where two people are drag racing on the street. Here's one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzlg3oQMze4

Nobody is impressed by the car that you drive or peacocking showboat nonsense. Once you get to the point where you understand and embrace that, life is so much better. I can't tell you how many times a car, SUV or Mini-van has punched it off the line next to one of my cars. I am sure that these folks are telling people that their car beat my car off the line, but who cares? It's not race. It's especially not a race when the other person isn't racing.

Do enjoy your own car. Do develop your own skills. Don't drive beyond your limits to outrun, chase, or try to impress anyone.

Don't be the dumb *** who ends up launching his car into a guard rail.
^ I've got advice:

Stop lecturing people. We aren't your children
mike.hicks (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021 | 01:24 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tupper
^ I've got advice:

Stop lecturing people. We aren't your children
But we all drive on the same roads. If you want to race people, test your limits, whatever, do it on a race track. Then you'll a) really get to see what these cars are capable of, and b) get to see what you as a driver are not capable of (whatever level you are).

Old 05-18-2021 | 01:39 PM
Nibiru12
Instructor

Originally Posted by aggie57
But we all drive on the same roads. If you want to race people, test your limits, whatever, do it on a race track. Then you'll a) really get to see what these cars are capable of, and b) get to see what you as a driver are not capable of (whatever level you are).
Kum, Mourn, man....

So, how do you drive your 400+ hp Porsche 911?

Ever violated speed limit with it? By how much, if ever?

If not, did you ever accelerate using launch control on public road?

How about on the curve? Ever exceeded 1 g there?

Please enlighten me.

The following 2 users liked this post by Nibiru12:
mike.hicks (05-18-2021), Tupper (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021 | 01:59 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nibiru12
Kum, Mourn, man....

So, how do you drive your 400+ hp Porsche 911?

Ever violated speed limit with it? By how much, if ever?

If not, did you ever accelerate using launch control on public road?

How about on the curve? Ever exceeded 1 g there?

Please enlighten me.
Nope, never have and never would use launch on a public road. Why would I? Well, my car is a manual so it's moot anyway but in 3 visits to PECLA I've only ever launched one car, once. It's just boring, there's no point, nothing to be proven, no enjoyment for me. But I've done more laps around their handling circuit than I care to count. Ever exceeded 1g on the road, not that I can recall but on the track of course. And yes I've exceeded the speed limit but then I live in SoCal and everyone does, every day.

Why do I have a 400+hp 911 you ask? Because it's a split personality car. Capable and practical on the road, capable and enjoyable on the track. After a day thrashing it around a circuit I can take the numbers off, put the A/C on, dial up home on the Nav, and listen to my favorite playlist. Next day I can get in it and commute to the office or whatever. That's why.

Old 05-18-2021 | 02:19 PM
Nibiru12
Instructor

Nope, never have and never would use launch on a public road. Why would I? Well, my car is a manual so it's moot anyway but in 3 visits to PECLA I've only ever launched one car, once. It's just boring, there's no point, nothing to be proven, no enjoyment for me. But I've done more laps around their handling circuit than I care to count. Ever exceeded 1g on the road, not that I can recall but on the track of course. And yes I've exceeded the speed limit but then I live in SoCal and everyone does, every day.

Why do I have a 400+hp 911 you ask? Because it's a split personality car. Capable and practical on the road, capable and enjoyable on the track. After a day thrashing it around a circuit I can take the numbers off, put the A/C on, dial up home on the Nav, and listen to my favorite playlist. Next day I can get in it and commute to the office or whatever. That's why.
I did not ask why you have a 400+hp 911, we all have our BS stories nobody believes.

It's good to have money, ain't it?

But I did ask what was your fastest speed on the highway, yet you did not answer.... can you answer now?

What's surprising was that it sounds like you did at least come close to 1 g on the public road OMG.... isn't that "very" reckless driving?

There are others using the road, and you were driving like that?

Do you believe everyone exceeds or come close to 1 g too so you can as well?

I do not think so though.... nobody in a sane mind drives close to even 0.5 g... on public road... and "everyone does that" is not an excuse to break the law either...

Anyways, please come clean with your max speed in the US highway, and then continue your worrisome and caring lecture.

Old 05-18-2021 | 02:36 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nibiru12
I did not ask why you have a 400+hp 911, we all have our BS stories nobody believes.
Believe what you want, just please don't believe you're being a hero by racing on the street.
detansinn (05-19-2021)
Old 05-18-2021 | 03:01 PM
Nibiru12
Instructor

Believe what you want, just please don't believe you're being a hero by racing on the street.
Never raced in my whole life, not even slightly interested in tracking either, which I consider a crazy thing to do, so no worries.

I like my life, love my Porsches, so I plan to stay healthy and safe.

Enjoy your life too & your nice brand new manual 911!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Nibiru12:
doug_999 (05-20-2021), Tupper (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021 | 03:16 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

^ You gotta love all of these self-righteous people on a forum devoted to a legendary HIGH PERFORMANCE sports car trying to lecture strangers on how to drive their cars as boringly as possible.

Give me a break. We all know the traffic laws; go waste your lectures on your grandkids (or great-grandkids or whatever).
The following 2 users liked this post by Tupper:
mike.hicks (05-18-2021), westcoastj (05-19-2021)
Old 05-18-2021 | 10:09 PM
WJ100
Track Day

Well even though somehow this thread ended up being a bit of a tussle between whippersnappers and grandpas, I appreciate the feedback as a first time 911 buyer. I still have a little bit of time before I make my final decision, but thanks again for all the advice.
The following 3 users liked this post by WJ100:
detansinn (05-19-2021), Glerald (06-01-2021), sexfiend (05-20-2021)
Old 05-18-2021 | 10:59 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WJ100
Well even though somehow this thread ended up being a bit of a tussle between whippersnappers and grandpas, I appreciate the feedback as a first time 911 buyer. I still have a little bit of time before I make my final decision, but thanks again for all the advice.
Pleasure (signed not a Grandpa… 😉 )
detansinn (05-19-2021)
Old 05-18-2021 | 11:02 PM
German1967
Pro

There is no right or wrong choice. Vote with your heart or with your budget - whatever the constraint.
The following 2 users liked this post by German1967:
La Carrera (05-18-2021), por356 (05-18-2021)

Quick Reply: New Buyer - C2 or C2S?