Sponsored by:

Everything new for 2022 (video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 01:14 AM
Autobacs
Racer

Received 161 Likes on 91 Posts

Hey Denny Swift and others with regard to Homelink button:

Do you guys know specifically how this Homelink button or configuration in the updated PCM works or looks like? Do you guys do this now on your main screen (see picture). I have this so I can have it front and center as I pull into my driveway.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:18 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,504 Likes on 2,826 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
That’s disappointing. Other than the Homelink change, it’s all fluff.
To be fair, it would be pretty off script for Porsche to make major changes within a generation. Minor upgrades and fluff is what to expect.

PCM updates are welcome and the sport chrono clock is a nice option.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:19 AM
ryanlsmith
Racer

Received 262 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Autobacs
Hey Denny Swift and others with regard to Homelink button:

Do you guys know specifically how this Homelink button or configuration in the updated PCM works or looks like? Do you guys do this now on your main screen (see picture). I have this so I can have it front and center as I pull into my driveway.

I have this as a widget and it basically never shows up when I first start up the car, and usually not unless I go to the nested menu where it naturally resides (which completely defeats the purpose). It’s absolutely asinine that they can’t display it on immediate boot. Instead of just making a reference to the stored profile, they are clearly loading the widget dynamically based on parameters that aren’t available right away, resulting in “No Profiles” showing up.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:25 AM
Autobacs
Racer

Originally Posted by ryanlsmith
I have this as a widget and it basically never shows up when I first start up the car, and usually not unless I go to the nested menu where it naturally resides (which completely defeats the purpose). It’s absolutely asinine that they can’t display it on immediate boot. Instead of just making a reference to the stored profile, they are clearly loading the widget dynamically based on parameters that aren’t available right away, resulting in “No Profiles” showing up.
Interesting.....my Home button more often than not loads up with the Home button is showing in the picture and I just hit that button and it works. Only occasionally, I get it where the Home button doesn't show up. But I agree with you.....I'd like this to be a small little tile square and today this cannot be done. Are you guys saying that the new PCM puts this up as a square tile?
Old 04-23-2021, 01:29 AM
Autobacs
Racer

Did you guys notice that when they first put up the new configurator on the Porscheusa site that the panels in front and back of the glass sunroof were color coordinated with the car color instead of black? So instead of having it all black on the top of the cars configured with a glass sunroof, it had the color of the car surrounding the glass sunroof. I didn't like the look.......but then a few days later they changed it back to black.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:41 PM
jdanza22
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Autobacs
Did you guys notice that when they first put up the new configurator on the Porscheusa site that the panels in front and back of the glass sunroof were color coordinated with the car color instead of black? So instead of having it all black on the top of the cars configured with a glass sunroof, it had the color of the car surrounding the glass sunroof. I didn't like the look.......but then a few days later they changed it back to black.
I believe the car you are mentioning was white, the white color on both sides of the glass roof was white shipping film
Old 04-23-2021, 03:03 PM
GTS21
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts

Configurator is now showing the exclusive design theft edition... 🤣
The following 2 users liked this post by GTS21:
Autobacs (04-23-2021), RedTide (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 06:03 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,176 Likes on 628 Posts

They’re changing the PCM for a reason! I haven’t been able to pair my phone with my car it’s been two months. Porsche technical support is a joke, and unfortunately the dealer doesn’t really know what to do either. When I called porsche yesterday I told him that I was going to start a buy back proceedings. Hope that gets their attention. I really like the car but the technology needs to really be sorted out. That’s why they’re changing it for 2022.carl
Old 04-24-2021, 03:25 PM
Junhe Chen
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4carl
They’re changing the PCM for a reason! I haven’t been able to pair my phone with my car it’s been two months. Porsche technical support is a joke, and unfortunately the dealer doesn’t really know what to do either. When I called porsche yesterday I told him that I was going to start a buy back proceedings. Hope that gets their attention. I really like the car but the technology needs to really be sorted out. That’s why they’re changing it for 2022.carl
honestly the new PCM could still have ton of issues as it was used on taycan. Taycan had so many problems that Porsche has not yet fixed. Porsche just need get their tech figure out
Old 04-24-2021, 04:03 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,338 Likes on 1,391 Posts

No, this should NEVER have left the testbed. With 40 years in nets/comms and computing I would never have released anything that I wouldn't put my name to it and being totally tested. Just my 2 cents

siberian

Quick Reply: Everything new for 2022 (video)