Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never dreamt of owning a Targa...until now (waiting)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 08:12 PM
oneof5
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 10 Posts

I kept the side skirts and RS wheels, the Carrera Excl wheels are nice also, those were one of the hardest to decide.http://www.porsche-code.com/PM55Q7H1
Old 04-20-2021, 11:31 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Thanks for everyone’s feedback. I actually decided to withdraw my order and go with either a GT4/Spyder, whichever comes first. Sadly, who knows when I will get an allocation. But I’ve been waiting a GT4/Spyder since the beginning and I just had an epiphany that I should be selfish and get what I want. My M2C will continue to be my daily driver. If I had a Targa, i don’t think I can differentiate as much between the M2C and Targa.

Lastly, hindsight is 20/20, back in March I was actually offered a Spyder allocation. But at that time I stupidly turned it down.

Now I heard Porsche is actually focused on cranking out as many 911s as possible and putting 718s on the back burner. Guess my wait just increased exponentially longer 😂😂. You live and you learn, right?
Old 04-21-2021, 01:25 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 256 Posts

What do you all think of this build: Targa 4 Dolomite Grey with Grey/chalk leather interior. Here's the build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN4GJEU4

The following users liked this post:
oneof5 (04-21-2021)
Old 04-25-2021, 01:25 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 70 Posts

Nice build! My only comment is the four-way seats for aft manual adjustment. You have to pull a lever up to move them forwards and backwards which is a pain in the butt. I suggest getting the 14 way seats at a minimum. Also I believe with the four way manual seats your steering wheel adjustment is manual and there is no memory function for seats or steering wheel
Old 04-25-2021, 01:38 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 70 Posts

Last edited by Fixinbones; 04-25-2021 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:03 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Nice build! My only comment is the four-way seats for aft manual adjustment. You have to pull a lever up to move them forwards and backwards which is a pain in the butt. I suggest getting the 14 way seats at a minimum. Also, I believe with the four-way manual seats your steering wheel adjustment is manual and there is no memory function for seats or steering wheel
Thanks for the advice. I like the sports seats plus for a better fit. I'm a small guy and not overweight, so I want to be more snug than loose. As for the 14-way, I am fine with manual up-and-back adjustment. My wife loves the Targa but won't drive it. I don't need memory buttons or steering wheel adjustments either. I'm coming from an Alfa 4C, where everything but the transmission is manual. Plus, in the Alfa, I have to move the seat back when I get out and up when I get it. Otherwise, it's difficult getting in and out.

I'm also likely to switch out the base wheels for the 5-spoke Carrera exclusives. What's your opinion?

Old 04-25-2021, 02:06 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
Thanks for the advice. I like the sports seats plus for a better fit. I'm a small guy and not overweight, so I want to be more snug than loose. As for the 14-way, I am fine with manual up-and-back adjustment. My wife loves the Targa but won't drive it. I don't need memory buttons or steering wheel adjustments either. I'm coming from an Alfa 4C, where everything but the transmission is manual. Plus, in the Alfa, I have to move the seat back when I get out and up when I get it. Otherwise, it's difficult getting in and out.

I'm also likely to switch out the base wheels for the 5-spoke Carrera exclusives. What's your opinion?

I love the Exclusive wheels but I think they almost need to have either the gloss or satin black option checked to look their best. It then becomes a pretty pricey wheel choice. I would still get them, though.
Go Bruins (04-25-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 10:58 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Now thinking of getting the Sports Package on top of the Carrera classic wheels. That's a $9k boost over my prior configuration. But, as Bill Murray said to John Candy in Stripes: "you're already dirty."
Here's the new configuration if anyone's interested:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNNRBU56
Old 04-26-2021, 11:12 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
Now thinking of getting the Sports Package on top of the Carrera classic wheels. That's a $9k boost over my prior configuration. But, as Bill Murray said to John Candy in Stripes: "you're already dirty."
Here's the new configuration if anyone's interested:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNNRBU56
Looks good. The only thing you may want to consider is the passenger cupholder trim in leather if you're doing some of the other leather. The standard cupholder trim is in a plasticky soft touch material, the leather trim makes it contiguous with the rest of the leather interior. If it wasn't right next to the rest of the dashboard I don't think you would notice it, but it's something that would drive me crazy (but I have a little OCD).
Go Bruins (04-26-2021)

Quick Reply: Never dreamt of owning a Targa...until now (waiting)