Sport Chrono Package for auto

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 12:25 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,954 Likes on 5,212 Posts

Originally Posted by riwu

PSE is just sound/aesthetic, no performance gain?
No performance gains.
Old 03-30-2021, 01:56 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,830 Likes on 954 Posts

Sport Chrono also adds Individual Mode which allows you to program various settings all into one dial position. Such as Sport or Sport Plus, along with PSE on, Suspension in Normal or Sport mode. Then you don't have to turn on PSE, and set the suspension, one spot on the dial does it all.
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 03:53 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,711 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanlsmith
It's not in the display, it's on the dash - there is a dedicated Sport and Wet toggle switch below the dash.
I think the point I was trying to make was that without the Sport Chrono Package you're having to take your eyes off the road and/or reaching by brail to find the switch you want. Things you do not need to do with the selector dial.
Also FWIW, without Sport Chrono there is no "Sport +" mode nor an "Individual Mode" You also miss the electronic motor mounts, you now are down to only one configurable Diamond Button that is on the Steering Wheel, there's no Launch Control and no Tire Temperature display. The later being somewhat useful if you track or Auto-X the car.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:46 AM
ronflax
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts

Just do it! Sport Chrono is one of my favorite options and I use it every single day! I love that I can change the cars dynamics with the simple twist of a ****, so cool.
The following users liked this post:
Carlo_Carrera (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 12:39 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
^^^ I dont know about performance. But it looks and sounds better to me. Ive always felt those who dont have it got the "dentist spec" build.

Now if your are older and dont think youll ever want a louder exhaust note, then who cares. But if you are a guy who likes more exhaust note, then yes do get the PSE. You'll regret not having it otherwise.
I'm a dentist and I wouldn't consider ordering a car without the sport chrono and sports exhaust.
The following 3 users liked this post by Dr. G:
Carlo_Carrera (03-30-2021), Duct Tape (11-19-2022), LooseNut (06-18-2022)
Old 03-30-2021, 12:46 PM
riwu
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
^^^ I dont know about performance. But it looks and sounds better to me. Ive always felt those who dont have it got the "dentist spec" build.

Now if your are older and dont think youll ever want a louder exhaust note, then who cares. But if you are a guy who likes more exhaust note, then yes do get the PSE. You'll regret not having it otherwise.
Originally Posted by Dr. G
I'm a dentist and I wouldn't consider ordering a car without the sport chrono and sports exhaust.
What's this dentist spec about?
Is there a stereotype that dentists don't like loud cars?
Old 03-30-2021, 12:56 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by riwu
What's this dentist spec about?
Is there a stereotype that dentists don't like loud cars?
Not where I live. Many of my colleagues have high performance cars and drive them hard.

We're all half deaf anyway from using our handpieces for so many years. If anything, we absolutely need a louder sports exhaust to enjoy our cars
Old 03-30-2021, 03:53 PM
nuporsche
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

I didn't see the value of the chrono package myself so when I was about to order mine I skipped that option. I was never going to track my car and the launch control did'n phase me. I found a car very close to what I wanted on a showroom floor but it had the chrono package. Now that I have it I'm very glad I do. The first time your engine auto stops while in normal mode and you rotate the steering dial to sport without taking your eyes off the road you'll understand the value. Sure you can program it through the PCM but that may be a sketchy move. The frustration saved vs cost makes it a no brainer. Plus there is that button in the middle......
Old 03-30-2021, 04:20 PM
phaser
Banned

Received 429 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
Physician here also who finds this idea of a toned down sports car build being appropriate for doctors absolutely hilarious.
I've never seen a similar "spec" for Lawyers, CPAs, or drug dealers who also buy these cars.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:32 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 839 Likes on 418 Posts

I wouldn't get a new 911 without SC, whether it be a PDK or manual car. Individual mode is worth it alone.

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono Package for auto