Sponsored by:

Opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 12:34 PM
Flatulence
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Opinions please.

New member, long time lurker and owner of several P cars. Was able to snag an allocation for a C4S for June and this is my build. This is my first "loud" color. Trading my 18 C4S.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMIKDMY7

I already fixed 2 errors, stitching was orange instead of LO, and the brake calipers were re instead of HGB. I have until next thurs before it locks. Any opinions? This is also my first build, I have in the past just bought off the lot but since I am turning 45 this year, I said why not. What am I missing, suggestions, is it too much, etc? This will be a semi DD for me, and wont be tracked. Thanks for any input.
The following users liked this post:
drgav2005 (03-12-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 12:43 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 575 Posts

looks great to me
but probably too much , but is your car
Old 03-12-2021, 01:47 PM
ddelallata
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 29 Posts

There was a member here a few days back that commented on having difficulty reading the tachometer in bright sunlight. The numbers light up white on a white dial.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:54 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

I would get rid of the logo designation on the tail :-)
Old 03-12-2021, 01:57 PM
por356
Racer

Received 382 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by ddelallata
There was a member here a few days back that commented on having difficulty reading the tachometer in bright sunlight. The numbers light up white on a white dial.
Yes, complaints about white numbers on white dial. Color is a little much for me, but it's your car. My rule of thumb, when I open the garage and look at my car, does it make my talleywacker tingle!
Old 03-12-2021, 02:19 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by ddelallata
I read that the consensus was so what, you don't really look at the numbers as much as the position of the needle.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:31 PM
Flatulence
Intermediate

Originally Posted by markchristenson
I would get rid of the logo designation on the tail :-)

I agree, but all I can do is change it to 911 if I want to keep the “Porsche” above in HGB. They are very irritating with some of their combo requirements.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:32 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Originally Posted by Flatulence
New member, long time lurker and owner of several P cars. Was able to snag an allocation for a C4S for June and this is my build. This is my first "loud" color. Trading my 18 C4S.

I already fixed 2 errors, stitching was orange instead of LO, and the brake calipers were re instead of HGB. I have until next thurs before it locks. Any opinions? This is also my first build, I have in the past just bought off the lot but since I am turning 45 this year, I said why not. What am I missing, suggestions, is it too much, etc? This will be a semi DD for me, and wont be tracked. Thanks for any input.
lol..I like your username.

I'd do the Carrera Exclusive Design wheels with black paint. The grey RS wheel clashes with LO, in my opinion.

Model delete

Last edited by rk-d; 03-12-2021 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:33 PM
Flatulence
Intermediate

Has anyone seen a LO car with LO stiching? I am torn between that and the painted interior bits instead. The interior bits can be changed if it gets old, the stitching cant.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:39 PM
PorscheSince2013
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 153 Posts

Looks awesome. I might consider interior in slate gray, or slate gray/chalk with the orange stitching.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:48 PM
Flatulence
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rk-d
lol..I like your username.

I'd do the Carrera Exclusive Design wheels with black paint. The grey RS wheel clashes with LO, in my opinion.

Model delete

I may just paint the wheels black aftermarket. They dont offer an option to pain the RS wheels but I love the design. Sometimes their “options” are maddening.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:49 PM
butrcrm
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I read that the consensus was so what, you don't really look at the numbers as much as the position of the needle.
Whether that is the case and consensus or not, why would you pay hundreds of dollars for a feature that takes away from the car? If it was standard, I could see the argument and just living with it - but definitely not pay extra for a known detractor.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:53 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by butrcrm
Whether that is the case and consensus or not, why would you pay hundreds of dollars for a feature that takes away from the car? If it was standard, I could see the argument and just living with it - but definitely not pay extra for a known detractor.
I think the reasoning, at least in my case is: I like the look of the white ring, and feel that aesthetically it adds dimension to the dash and that at the same time the fact that the numbers don't light up in a contrasting color doesn't make me not want the look.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:04 PM
MustangTornado
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Has anyone seen a LO car with LO stiching? I am torn between that and the painted interior bits instead. The interior bits can be changed if it gets old, the stitching cant.
I would go with stitching in a heartbeat. a luxury/custom touch that doesn’t scream like the painted interior bits do. Every time i see a build with painted interior i cringe.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:15 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Aside from the color choices, very similar spec to my own C4S (Sport and Premium packages. RS Spyder Design wheels are awesome). Power Steering Plus is an option that's misunderstood by some folks on RennList, but there are reasons that it gets reviewer praise in the 992 -- good to see it here. I went with 18 ways (love them), but 14 ways are fine.

I would ditch the white dials, because they're not nearly as readable as they show up in the configurator and the standard setup is quite nice.

Other than that, enjoy this car! I am enjoying mine!

Quick Reply: Opinions please.