Sponsored by:

Heritage Design Leather Interior Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 02:51 PM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Heritage Design Leather Interior Questions

Has anyone seen/touched the "Heritage Design" Leather Interior and/or have photos, ideally in "Pure in Black" but either would be helpful. I'm contemplating switching my SportTex interior to the "Pure in Black Heritage Design" for something even more unique. How does it look, feel, seem like it would wear? Is sporty? Sophisticated? Old-man looking (no offense, but I'm in mid-30s). On paper it's a $15K option, but it really only adds $5400 to my build because I've already specced so many other interior leather and trim options which it replaces.

Design Edition Build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMMRSXD4 -- Seems sophisticated, though perhaps a bit monochromatic? I'm also considering the Atacama Beige Heritage Design Interior with either agate gray, midnight blue exterior, or even aventurine green (matches made in heaven). But I keep coming back to the GT Silver with Pure Black for some reason.

Sport Tex Build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PM5Y34M0 -- Sporty with a more youthful/playful edge and a much brighter cabin with the aluminum trim, chalk stitching, and seatbelts.

Has been very challenging to find a dealer with a Heritage Design Interior on the showroom floor, as you might imagine, but that only seems to enhance the appeal because I like things that are uncommon.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:10 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 162 Posts

I have not seen the Heritage leather but have been in a 911 with the Club leather and the Club leather is really nice. I think I would get something other than black to show off the nice leather a little more. I would worry about how the Sport Tex would hold up but it does look sportier.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:35 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,479 Posts

Sport-tex will wear much better. I’d be more worried about how well corduroy holds up.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:39 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 162 Posts

Yeah that’s what I meant, thanks for clarifying.
The following users liked this post:
smiles11 (03-03-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 05:21 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,799 Likes on 947 Posts

I sat in what I think was a Turbo S with the Heritage and it had the Corduroy. I thought it was nice but would be concerned with wear and dirt.

Personally, I opted for a sporty look, and I am 49 (50 when it gets here).

I went Gentian Blue w/ Black Leather/Chalk Stitching and Deviated Seat Centers in Chalk, White Chrono and Tach dials, and 930 Leather on the 18 way seats which adds the quilting to the door and seat centers.

I have sat in a similar interior (14 way and no 930) so I have some sense of the look. I wanted the brighter (wintry feel) Chalk Seats but to get that it is paired with Slate Grey and I wanted the Black steering wheel and dash.

I also opted to leave the standard interior and no sunroof (yes I know the debate on sunroofs brighten up the cabin, but I wanted the roof to be solid and continuous paint).

I am however considering the Leather Inlays which unfortunately replaces much of the trim with Bright Silver instead of the muted matte black that goes next to the piano black. But that might be a nice look.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:00 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

Corduroy?? 1970 called...
Steve 96C4S (08-20-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 07:29 PM
mobilis
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by dhirm5
Corduroy?? 1970 called...
hence Heritage lol
Domoic (03-03-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 07:57 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

also heritage rules out ventilated seats if you care about that...
Old 03-03-2021, 09:00 PM
SamD
Racer

Received 299 Likes on 141 Posts

If you go Sport-Tex (which is awesome), suggest you stick with the standard trim which compliments it quite nicely. Ditto for seatback of the SS+
Old 03-03-2021, 09:22 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

I have sport tex now and I considered the Heritage package on my proposed TTS build.

I've been very happy with sport-tex. It holds up great and it's very temperature neutral. Grippy and looks good. It's a winner and matches well with carbon fiber trim.

I decided against Heritage because I wasn't sure how well corduroy would hold up. I do LOVE the green dials on the tach and sport chrono. I wish those were options otherwise. I'd get those in a heartbeat.

I do think the corduroy will break up the monotony of the black. Different textures give the interior visual interest, even if the color is black. I don't think it seems old man or anything like that.

Personally, I would like to go Club leather in Truffle if my allocation goes through. Either way, I agree with your plan to go with something other than standard leather interior. It's more interesting.

Bluehighways (08-19-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 09:27 PM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamD
If you go Sport-Tex (which is awesome), suggest you stick with the standard trim which compliments it quite nicely. Ditto for seatback of the SS+
Thanks Sam! That’s the direction I am leaning!

So just to be clear, you’d suggest sticking with the standard SS+ seat backs and standard trim because it all matches nicely the Sport Tex?

I was thinking about doing the brushed aluminum trim and leather+aluminum-inset seat backs (I know I’lll never see them but OCD needs trims to match) which adds over $3K. I’m fine spending it if it will look better and add some lightness, but the standard trim and the buttons do look really nice together.just wasn’t sure how it would all mix with the Sport-Tex.

Last edited by wintershade; 03-03-2021 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-19-2021, 04:05 PM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Just for the benefit of others, I did manage to find a Targa with the Beige Heritage Design Interior. It looks nice with the Cherry Red exterior, but boy... the corduroy is a lint magnet. The top was open and the car was on the showroom floor, and there were little pieces of white and black lint on the seat and door panels. No idea where the came from. It would be a huge pain in the *** to keep clean. Black would be even worse I'd imagine. You'd need to keep a lint roller in your glovebox. I also would say it didn't look very sporty... definitely classy and cozy and comfortable to the touch.... but not something I'd want in a 911, maybe in a Conti GT or something. Anyhow, no regrets skipping this on my 4S. I went with black leather, but do sometimes wish I'd gotten to see Sport Tex in person and taken the gamble.
Old 08-19-2021, 04:57 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,647 Likes on 1,246 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
I do LOVE the green dials on the tach and sport chrono. I wish those were options otherwise. I'd get those in a heartbeat.
Absolutely! If it were available, I'd check that box immediately, wouldn't think twice!
Steve 96C4S (08-20-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 05:42 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Absolutely! If it were available, I'd check that box immediately, wouldn't think twice!
They know we love those green dials, yet they deny us. They horde them closely, clutching them to their little Teutonic chests. Perversely only allowing them on odd and sometimes numbered models. Its a plot. A plot !

Quick Reply: Heritage Design Leather Interior Questions