hal26
Advanced

Aw shucks....Thanks guys!
Old 02-13-2021 | 07:28 PM
PorscheObsessed
Racer

Smile

Originally Posted by malibu515
It is remarkable the difference between the discounts on the 992 that were offered pre Covid19 and after. I got my allotment on a moderately optioned C4S in February of 2020. The car didn't arrive until mid September 2020.
I got a 7% discount. Now, having gone to the Porsche Configurator, I find my exact car going up in 2021 about $1000, That plus the paltry 2% discounts offered, make me financially glad of my deal and purchase.
Hi there,
I’m picking up my Aventurine Green C2S from the exact dealer in about 2 weeks. Glad to see a fellow Ohioan with this ride. I got similar discount to yours in December and based on this thread and the timing, I feel I did well, especially for a first time buyer.
Old 02-16-2021 | 05:50 PM
hal26
Advanced

Originally Posted by PorscheObsessed
Hi there,
I’m picking up my Aventurine Green C2S from the exact dealer in about 2 weeks. Glad to see a fellow Ohioan with this ride. I got similar discount to yours in December and based on this thread and the timing, I feel I did well, especially for a first time buyer.
I got mine from Porsche of the Village from Melanie Parsons. She handled everything very well and my car arrived early! I'm in Texas. Love the Adventurine!!!

Last edited by hal26; 02-16-2021 at 06:00 PM. Reason: sp
The following 2 users liked this post by hal26:
mdrobc1213 (02-21-2021), PorscheObsessed (02-16-2021)
Old 02-20-2021 | 09:12 AM
ctdubl07
Instructor

As a note, just returned from So FL where we visited a "mega" dealership to view colors and try seats for my wifes coming Macan GTS order (all done safely outside, in warm, sunny weather) since our CT dealer is small with no real options to view. Time was well spent as nothing beats in person for exterior, interior and seat comfort. (her car will be $90K so whats $2K in travel to get it right...the configurator is good but in person will changed/confirmed much for me)

So 2 interesting observations: of the 80+ untitled new cars on their lot there were plenty of Taycans for sale but ZERO, I mean no, 992's for sale. Sales guy says its their biggest problem...tons of calls looking for cars but nothing to sell....crazy.
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (02-21-2021)
Old 02-20-2021 | 09:15 PM
Vaidas Cikotas
Track Day

Default Got an allocation!

So just wanted to share my journey in finally landing an allocation for a C2S MT Cabriolet. I have been reading this forum since putting down a deposit with my local dealer last July. After months and months of no information and false hope from my SA, I read an entry from someone on here about a dealer that got them one out of the Midwest. I decided to call and see what they had to say and the guy said that he was sure he could get me a car. I had negotiated a 6 percent discount with my current dealer and he would be able to give me 5 percent. This was at the end of 2020 so I decided to optimistically hope that with January right around the corner, perhaps my local dealer would come through with an allocation. Well, we all know how that conversation goes.... No allocations coming, we don't have any clue as to when that can change, in fact, you might be looking at a 2022 model at the end of the year- MAYBE!... Called my guy back and he said he could get me the car. Gave him my credit card number for the deposit and he said he will get to work. My observation of how anything happens right now is that the owners of the dealerships trade the few allocations they get amongst themselves. Dealer A needs a Turbo S Cab and will trade that for an upcoming Carerra GTS slot, etc. Very few players, very few cards and some dealers get way more than others.. Bottom line, got my Allocation last week with a July Delivery to Atlanta. My SA told me that he was allowed to honor the 5 percent discount he originally offered but the other two 992 cars he had allocations for - NO DISCOUNT- I feel very lucky. When I went in to my dealer to get my refund on my deposit, I talked to the Manager on his current take on the situation. His thoughts were that Microchip availability has become a real issue worldwide on all car manufactures and that probably isn't ending soon due to Covid. He said he has deposits on 50 992 models with no ETA on any of them... I guess the takeaway is hurry up and wait, call other dealers and see if you get lucky, and if you can get a discount, then you hit a home run.
mdrobc1213 (02-21-2021)
Old 02-21-2021 | 12:26 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vaidas Cikotas
So just wanted to share my journey in finally landing an allocation for a C2S MT Cabriolet. I have been reading this forum since putting down a deposit with my local dealer last July. After months and months of no information and false hope from my SA, I read an entry from someone on here about a dealer that got them one out of the Midwest. I decided to call and see what they had to say and the guy said that he was sure he could get me a car. I had negotiated a 6 percent discount with my current dealer and he would be able to give me 5 percent. This was at the end of 2020 so I decided to optimistically hope that with January right around the corner, perhaps my local dealer would come through with an allocation. Well, we all know how that conversation goes.... No allocations coming, we don't have any clue as to when that can change, in fact, you might be looking at a 2022 model at the end of the year- MAYBE!... Called my guy back and he said he could get me the car. Gave him my credit card number for the deposit and he said he will get to work. My observation of how anything happens right now is that the owners of the dealerships trade the few allocations they get amongst themselves. Dealer A needs a Turbo S Cab and will trade that for an upcoming Carerra GTS slot, etc. Very few players, very few cards and some dealers get way more than others.. Bottom line, got my Allocation last week with a July Delivery to Atlanta. My SA told me that he was allowed to honor the 5 percent discount he originally offered but the other two 992 cars he had allocations for - NO DISCOUNT- I feel very lucky. When I went in to my dealer to get my refund on my deposit, I talked to the Manager on his current take on the situation. His thoughts were that Microchip availability has become a real issue worldwide on all car manufactures and that probably isn't ending soon due to Covid. He said he has deposits on 50 992 models with no ETA on any of them... I guess the takeaway is hurry up and wait, call other dealers and see if you get lucky, and if you can get a discount, then you hit a home run.
Two thoughts here...one you did what most folks here that were able to get cars seem to have done...called around to source options available outside your local area. Limited allocations avail between the dealers who have them are traded between dealerships for future ones for 992s and or other models. My SA traded a Taycan 4S for one to someone who wanted a 992 cab last fall so not all are going 1:1 for 992s or for current cars. Some go to future cars most definitely. Next you put money towards the allocation when it came and put the discount second it seems. 50 buyers waiting for cars you mentioned probably means quite a few of them who want 5-6-8-10% off their deals. My SA has ALL of their 992's sold at MSRP so those wanting significant discounts are left kinda out there right now given the already acknowledged inventory shortages. So advice I see out there is IF you want a car now or in the near future then be willing to pay for that said car and discounts and deals are like unicorns to many dealerships now...great if you can get it but not guaranteed or common. Full disclosure I got 3.5% on mine back in July. Third is it took a journey for you to get your car allocation and commission number. You mentioned you'd been looking since last July right? This seems to now not be a short term thing where you decide to get the car and ready to pull the trigger and just drive down to the nearest local Porsche dealership and either pick one off the lot or sit down write a check and a car appears in 3-4 mos. It will take some leg work to find a car if you want it specifically a certain way optioned. Likely that seems to be the near future thru 2021 guys so just be prepared. Microprocessor issue is real (I tried to buy my son a replacement graphics card for his gaming computer 2 weeks ago and was shocked to find that the same card that normally runs for $700 is now well over $1000-1200+ online and out of stock at almost all of the normal outlets/retailers. Same when I tried to upgrade the memory on my laptop...still waiting for that one...delivery pushed back 3 weeks on Amazon.com) and COVID19 has significantly altered 2020 production cycles and is moving well into 2021 as many automakers are re-adjusting vehicle quotas, release dates and timelines. So prior planning helps those seeking/looking for cars. Finally some of you guys are waiting for cars to appear downline like GTS and Carrera T's and that's great but remember that sometimes the vehicle you have avail now is the one maybe for you versus what could be especially in times like these for getting one of these cars. But only each of us can decide what to do with our own acquisition journeys.

Congrats to ya Vaidas Cikotas; on your allocation!
Old 02-21-2021 | 10:13 AM
mschwa3439
Advanced

I speced and ordered a 2020 C4S cab 1 year ago. Received last March, just at the beginning of the pandaemic. It was my 9th Porsche with this dealer over past 20 years. I got a very generous 9% discount. Mostly because Im easy to deal with and have referred many new buyers. I would say that in the current climate, anything in the 6-7% range is considered a good discount.
mdrobc1213 (02-21-2021)
Old 02-23-2021 | 02:46 PM
aquanaut
Racer

I got a nice discount from an out of state dealer and they are looking to cut more deals. Happy to pass contact info along, PM if interested.
Old 02-23-2021 | 02:58 PM
jdanza22
Instructor

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
As a note, just returned from So FL where we visited a "mega" dealership to view colors and try seats for my wifes coming Macan GTS order (all done safely outside, in warm, sunny weather) since our CT dealer is small with no real options to view. Time was well spent as nothing beats in person for exterior, interior and seat comfort. (her car will be $90K so whats $2K in travel to get it right...the configurator is good but in person will changed/confirmed much for me)

So 2 interesting observations: of the 80+ untitled new cars on their lot there were plenty of Taycans for sale but ZERO, I mean no, 992's for sale. Sales guy says its their biggest problem...tons of calls looking for cars but nothing to sell....crazy.
Which dealer in South Florida ?
Old 02-23-2021 | 03:14 PM
Joeybats
Instructor

Originally Posted by aquanaut
I got a nice discount from an out of state dealer and they are looking to cut more deals. Happy to pass contact info along, PM if interested.
did they provide you an allocation?
Old 02-23-2021 | 03:35 PM
aquanaut
Racer

Originally Posted by Joeybats
did they provide you an allocation?
I reached out back in May of last year looking for end of year delivery and they got that lined up without much issue (took delivery in December), even when others were having trouble finding allocations.
Old 02-23-2021 | 11:10 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdanza22
Which dealer in South Florida ?
I wonder if he’s talking about Champion. Huge dealership but 0 allocations for 992 back last August. Lucked out finding one at Naples.
Old 04-03-2021 | 01:28 PM
jdanza22
Instructor

I got a 3% discount on a 2021 992C2S from Champion in Pompano back in February 21
Old 04-03-2021 | 01:28 PM
jdanza22
Instructor

Originally Posted by Master Deep
I wonder if he’s talking about Champion. Huge dealership but 0 allocations for 992 back last August. Lucked out finding one at Naples.
I got a 3% discount on a 2021 992C2S from Champion in Pompano back in February 21
Master Deep (04-07-2021)

Quick Reply: Dealer Discount for 992