About to place PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 09:06 AM
so gti
Intermediate

Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts
Default About to place PTS Order

Hello everyone,

I am about to order 992 C4S with PTS option. The problem I ran into is that they do not offer the color I want.

The color I want is Blue Metallic (334) that was offered back in 70’s. My dealer told me the closest blue they can offer is Gemini Blue (335) which is slightly lighter color and Nogaro Blue Metallic (Z5M) which is a deeper color. Metallic blue is absolutely beautiful color but I guess it’s not that popular as I couldn’t find any recent Porsches in that particular color. My second choices were Sapphire blue and Cobalt blue which both of them were offered in recent models but they said they are not on PTS color list

They did tell me they can do feasible check but it would take more than 8 months and there is a possibility that they can turn me down. Either way, after the feasible test, they can finally put an order in October, then the production could start in Jan or Feb 2022, then the delivery would be sometime June 2022.

So my question is...would feasible test take really that long?
Old 01-19-2021, 09:17 AM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts
Default 992 Forum

992 forum is a better place to pose this question.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:32 AM
orangecurry
Three Wheelin'

Received 409 Likes on 279 Posts

I presume you have asked your question through Porsche Japan - have you tried contacting Porsche Germany directly?

Good luck whatever
Old 01-19-2021, 09:32 AM
so gti
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SKM
992 forum is a better place to pose this question.
my bad. Moderator, please delete this thread...
Old 01-19-2021, 09:33 AM
so gti
Intermediate

Default PTS feasible test...how long??

Hello everyone,

I am about to order 992 C4S with PTS option. The problem I ran into is that they do not offer the color I want.

The color I want is Blue Metallic (334) that was offered back in 70’s. My dealer told me the closest blue they can offer is Gemini Blue (335) which is slightly lighter color and Nogaro Blue Metallic (Z5M) which is a deeper color. Metallic blue is absolutely beautiful color but I guess it’s not that popular as I couldn’t find any recent Porsches in that particular color. My second choices were Sapphire blue and Cobalt blue which both of them were offered in recent models but they said they are not on PTS color list

They did tell me they can do feasible check but it would take more than 8 months and there is a possibility that they can turn me down. Either way, after the feasible test, they can finally put an order in October, then the production could start in Jan or Feb 2022, then the delivery would be sometime June 2022.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:17 AM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

I think they need all that time to count your money
Old 01-19-2021, 11:39 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

It can....It's Porsche's way of telling you they don't want to do it....
Old 01-19-2021, 11:42 AM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 255 Posts

Just a suggestion, but looks like "Shark Blue" will be the launch color of the GT3, and it has been stated that will replace Miami Blue in the 911 color palette, so likely available as a $4k special color. Given GT3 supposed to be announced later this month, it might show up as configurable soon.....Sales Advisor could also call PCNA and ask on timing (though I doubt they get an answer unless it's basically imminent)

Pointing this out, because Shark Blue isn't too far off Metallic Blue.

If you want to go the PTS route in mid-tone blue's closest already approved are:
Mexico, Arrow, and Riveria

Or, if you're looking for Metallic, the closest would be Nogaro Blue Metallic. (re-reading, see that you already noted that)

Let us know what you do!

Edit: on the feasibility, I was under the impression you had to pay for the feasibility up-front which was non-refundable. I forgot the exact cost, but think it's more than the PTS itself. If the feasibility is approved, you get credited, and there is no additional cost for the PTS. If it's rejected....well, you're out time and money (and I don't think the cost can be applied to a different pre-approved shade)

Last edited by atlrvr; 01-19-2021 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:16 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by so gti
Yes, easily.
I ordered a 991.2 from the approved PTS list and the order took 10 months from signing to delivery. Feasibility studies require outside weathering for fade, etc. Or so I've been told.

993s are wonderful cars, BTW. I miss mine.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:53 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 176 Posts

Assuming you plan to drive it and protect such an investment with PPF. Get a Black 992 and spend 5-7K on a quality vinyl print wrap to get the color you want. Not the same PTS panache, but looks the same as you drive by or look out into your garage / walk by. Won't win any concours, but you can have it by Spring :-)

Old 01-20-2021, 10:02 PM
Kcposche25
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
Assuming you plan to drive it and protect such an investment with PPF. Get a Black 992 and spend 5-7K on a quality vinyl print wrap to get the color you want. Not the same PTS panache, but looks the same as you drive by or look out into your garage / walk by. Won't win any concours, but you can have it by Spring :-)
I have to say this would probably work best. Not trying to discourage from a dream but i think it would be wise to test it out first. Look into topaz SKIN product. They can make an exact match to a color and they spray it on but it acts as a wrap and can be peeled off if wanted. Cool stuff and could save time and money. If you love the color on the wrap use that car until they can make your color and then trade when/if Porsche will do that color for you. Just my opinion don’t let my thoughts change your mind. Best of luck!
Old 02-05-2021, 09:40 PM
so gti
Intermediate

thank you guys for your advice. After many many sleepless nights, I came to a conclusion to do Nogaro Blue Metallic!
Old 02-06-2021, 08:41 PM
63mercedes
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 180 Posts

I never understood the feasibility study. If they use the same bases and tints for certain colors how would a different color from the same bases and tints be any different as far as durability goes. The only thing separating some of these colors is a drop of this or a few drops of that.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:11 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,541 Likes on 5,064 Posts

Originally Posted by 63mercedes
I never understood the feasibility study. If they use the same bases and tints for certain colors how would a different color from the same bases and tints be any different as far as durability goes. The only thing separating some of these colors is a drop of this or a few drops of that.
Sometimes the devil is in the details.
Old 04-29-2022, 07:36 PM
getto822000
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 94 Posts

You won't regret it. Nothing like a PTS car. I get my Viola Purple Metallic 992 C4S with Graphite Blue leather in August.... Can't wait.

Quick Reply: About to place PTS Order