Received 283 Likes on 86 Posts

Got it, thank you!

Karl
Old 01-19-2021, 01:14 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 821 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by lamacan
that's what my dealer has told me many times. i've ordered 8 cars from them in 5 years.

Edit: as i understand it, it's largely a function of the production process. they only do PTS production in various windows of the production cycle each year.
Never done it but that too is how I understand it also...they need to fit them into the production line and schedule and that is very strictly controlled as you can see/tell from the allocation dance everyone is doing now trying to get a specific car/model. I believe they plan them in batches so the paint shop/station is not down for long hindering production of other models since it is a more specific process to do PTS colors which of course must be approved first also as mentioned.
Originally Posted by ipse dixit
PTS is based on time slots (there are certain times in a given year that PAG will accept PTS orders).

PTS is not tied to any specific allocation, except to the extent that an allocation may fall within a PTS time slot (as noted above).
That would make sense if you're dealer is saying they can only accept them in May/Nov; probably to meet the factory's planned production timetable when PTS is allowed...thus they are kinda tied to allocations to a degree you'd think!

I has a BRG 997.2 a few Porsche's back and great color but the sand beige interior was just too light. Had to go...got dirty super quick and bled any colored jeans...would see evidence of transfer depending on how the denim was made and dark the color.

Old 01-19-2021, 01:59 AM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 475 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Never done it but that too is how I understand it also...they need to fit them into the production line and schedule and that is very strictly controlled as you can see/tell from the allocation dance everyone is doing now trying to get a specific car/model. I believe they plan them in batches so the paint shop/station is not down for long hindering production of other models since it is a more specific process to do PTS colors which of course must be approved first also as mentioned.

That would make sense if you're dealer is saying they can only accept them in May/Nov; probably to meet the factory's planned production timetable when PTS is allowed...thus they are kinda tied to allocations to a degree you'd think!

I has a BRG 997.2 a few Porsche's back and great color but the sand beige interior was just too light. Had to go...got dirty super quick and bled any colored jeans...would see evidence of transfer depending on how the denim was made and dark the color.

love it. Thanks for posting. I agree on the beige though, I’m speccing the truffle brown, feels like it’s made for it.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:37 PM
svkarl
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 86 Posts

SFAVGUY,
I've seen several photos of BRG with truffle and it looks outstanding!

Quick Reply: Paint to Sample Long Wait