Sponsored by:

Interest rate at Porsche Finacial

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 10:24 AM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts
Angry

...maybe with Porsche's new IPO update, they are going to come out with 0% Financing for 60 months on all Porsche Models!
(also change the 992.2 to a NA 4.0L) bahhahahahha
Old 10-07-2022, 07:24 PM
Vader1287
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FamousJamisFan
I am writing this the first week of October 2022. Is anyone doing any better than 6.24% from Porsche Financial? My dealer has assured me that this is the best rate that Porsche is doing at the present time, even for the best credit levels. Can anyone confirm that?
Quoted same rate from PFS yesterday
Old 10-07-2022, 07:58 PM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 397 Likes on 195 Posts

I think this thread shows that you could do much better from a credit union.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (10-09-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 08:49 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

PFS quoted me 6.2%, just last week (October). Credit union quoted me 3.9%. Went w credit unit. This was for my lease buyout. I had PFS for 3 years during my lease. Literally no difference that I know of from a credit union. Wish I did it the first time. This is my first time using a credit union. I’m pretty happy with 3.9%. I’d recommend shopping at credit unions and other banks. I was quoted 4.9% from chase and bofa. Best of luck!
The following 3 users liked this post by Caliporsche:
AlexCeres (10-09-2022), redbaron01 (10-07-2022), Vader1287 (10-07-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 12:34 AM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

I paid off PFS and refinanced with another institute. Much lower rate from BOFA and credit unions. But not as low as it was in 2021. If rates go down can refinance again down the road.
Old 10-08-2022, 01:06 AM
BobMisakunt
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you live in Georgia, Georgia’s Own is still in the 2% range. No limit.

Last edited by BobMisakunt; 10-08-2022 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-08-2022, 02:37 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Thats exactly where I was headed with my previous comments. 72 months after the lease is an aging car you're paying on for a long time to come. I'm no financial expert but my gut tells me that that can't be a great idea.
Yes can see that..only makes sense IF you're not flipping the car in a few years (i.e. plan to keep it for a long time...life of the car). At that point then really the "stretched" loan doesn't matter as much and is based on circumstances and personal finances and preferences. There may be something else that the buyer can utilized the saved $$ from the lesser note over the extended time frame on. Also I've seen folks take 72+ mo payments and pay them off in 48 or 60 mos and save the interest just to have that flexibility. Again each person's circumstance is different. As I also recall quite a few exotics are leased/financed way past 72 mos and have all types of balloon financing and such to allow their purchase with as low a monthly as possible. Isn't this almost the same albeit for a 911 vs a Ferrari or Lamborghini?
Originally Posted by Vader1287
Quoted same rate from PFS yesterday
I'd check with a local credit union of a few...I think Navy Fed CU still is low. My Taycan quote thru them in Jan 2022 was 4.5% I believe and my 992 in Nov 2020 wa like 3.4%. Shop around but am sure the Fed hikes are affecting car rates as well as mortgage ones (almost 7% now from what 3.5% last year this time). Low rates and free cash is pre-COVID19 thing it seems now! High rates are here for the next 12-24 mos my financial and real estate friends say.
Originally Posted by rouxeny
I think this thread shows that you could do much better from a credit union.
Did you purchase from Porsche Hawaii? They are great...got both my cars there. Rates were pretty competitive also...in both cases matched my Credit Union and less the PFS! Nice car also if that is your car in the profile avatar too!
Old 10-08-2022, 04:13 AM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 397 Likes on 195 Posts

Yes, Porsche Hawaii. I kinda figured you had some Hawaii tie from prior posts. They gave me a quote from BOH, which was just a bit higher than the credit union I ended up with.

Still waiting on the car to get put on the boat to Maui…..
Old 10-08-2022, 05:22 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,226 Likes on 705 Posts

PFS will match a rate if you come into the dealer with a pre-approval. BofA gave me 2.75% @$180k and PFS matched it, I took PFS to please the dealer and to establish a future relationship with PFS.

7 months later Ferrari Financial approved me for $405k with no proof of income, or any proof at all. Instant approval. Only asked for $50k down. I believe the PFS loan assisted in that to an underwriter.
The following users liked this post:
rouxeny (10-08-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 12:53 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,226 Likes on 705 Posts

How long ago was that?
Early last year. Still seeing rates in the mid to high 4's from BofA.. Relationship banking helps reduce points.
Old 10-09-2022, 12:26 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 706 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dude41
PFS will match a rate if you come into the dealer with a pre-approval. BofA gave me 2.75% @$180k and PFS matched it, I took PFS to please the dealer and to establish a future relationship with PFS.

7 months later Ferrari Financial approved me for $405k with no proof of income, or any proof at all. Instant approval. Only asked for $50k down. I believe the PFS loan assisted in that to an underwriter.
So you now have $600K in auto loans?

I doubt having debt increased your chances to get even more debt.
Old 10-09-2022, 01:56 PM
Cokerrat
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Serious question: given an assumption that anyone buying a new 911 will have substantial savings and liquid assets, is the main reason to borrow money to pay for the car simply to allow investing the amount of the loan? And if that’s true, why do people find it more attractive to take out the loan secured against the car rather than simply an investment loan secured against other assets? Is it more attractive somehow in the expected way it all plays out, or is it for limiting loss in the “worst case scenario”, ie. default? Other? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-09-2022, 02:55 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Cokerrat
Serious question: given an assumption that anyone buying a new 911 will have substantial savings and liquid assets, is the main reason to borrow money to pay for the car simply to allow investing the amount of the loan? And if that’s true, why do people find it more attractive to take out the loan secured against the car rather than simply an investment loan secured against other assets? Is it more attractive somehow in the expected way it all plays out, or is it for limiting loss in the “worst case scenario”, ie. default? Other? Thanks in advance.
Because you default on the car, they take the car. Default on the house, they take the house. I realize most of us could live in a 911 and shower at a truck stop, but some of us have kids.

Are you referring to portfolio loans?
Old 10-09-2022, 04:54 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,662 Likes on 1,019 Posts

I disagree with that. While I don't know this guy's particular case, the FICO system is absolutely designed to favor people in debt. If you want to try something "fun", try paying off all your debt, let those closed accounts age - e.g. no active installment loans on your credit report - and then see what happens to your credit score. I guarantee you it will drop.
I did, and then no one would finance my 911. Because debt is “bad” and we should pay for things only with “cash”. Except that’s not how the system is rigged anymore. Credit score dropped a lot. It was quite inconvenient. “I can pay cash, see $200k right here!” -> “**** you, go do that we don’t give a ****”. Got my local bank to pitch it to their district manager as an exception, story ends with a beautiful TTS, and a 180K loan. Paid the loan off and now credit score is magical. In the last few years, there’s been no downside to getting loans and paying them off early.

interest rates are changing that calculus a little. Still pretty low by historical standards, and I don’t see 4-5% changing the math too much. But rates will likely be much higher next year. I expect rates to get a lot higher short term. But then the economy will tank, and the Fed will give up, and rates will come back down in a few years. Same as it ever was.
Old 10-09-2022, 05:01 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,662 Likes on 1,019 Posts

I think he is.

Portfolio loans can work assuming you are with the right broker. But still, there will be lots of rules around it in how much you can borrow, what you have to hold, etc. My broker does them but at a min of 250k, cant hold derivatives, the funds are segregated for the life of the loan, etc, etc. It's a glorified secured loan with little to no upside.
taxes. Portfolio loans have a lot of upsides. However traditional auto loans avoid margin calls and have fixed interest rates. It’s not especially advantageous to double your collateral for the auto loan (the car AND the stock). You can always sell the car and pay off the loan, maybe with a small gap, but still, it keeps some truly terrible **** from happening to your portfolio if the market crashes. The brokerage will loan you an order of magnitude more money than is healthy for you. It takes a large buffer to avoid the market fluctuations, like the March 2020 mini crash, from setting you back years.

but if you can manage a large enough buffer, the capital gains implications are worth the effort.

Quick Reply: Interest rate at Porsche Finacial