Sponsored by:

Interest rate at Porsche Finacial

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 06:38 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,228 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by jack_carls0n
Depends what is around the corner next time and that next time can be a while. Call it ADM or whatever, they will push it. For me I am more than happy with my GTS for now. I will save money today and worry about what happens next when the time comes. 6% is a huge!
Haha! Love the photo.

You guys can have PFS/Dealer match whatever rate you bring them in. That way you please the scum bags so they get their back end kicker cash and you don't get **** raped on their higher rate.

Play your cards right. Go in there with YOUR pre-approval in hand when you're ready to buy. Wait, and let them offer the rate match with PFS. If they don't, whatever. If they do, accept it and have them scratch your back in another way. You might just get a license plate frame that says PORSCHE on it.
The following 2 users liked this post by 911dude41:
AlexCeres (10-11-2022), lone992 (10-11-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 12:07 PM
ritchieg
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 42 Posts

Check with local credit unions and I think their rates will be much lower than at Porsche. You can now get treasury articles that pay 4%. Check on tax implications and you may find you save money by taking out a loan.
Old 10-12-2022, 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 808 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by ritchieg
Check with local credit unions and I think their rates will be much lower than at Porsche. You can now get treasury articles that pay 4%. Check on tax implications and you may find you save money by taking out a loan.
Ibonds are at around 9% until the end of October. Although, it's a rather piddly amount you are allowed to purchase per year.
The following users liked this post:
McLaren997 (10-12-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 09:07 PM
McLaren997
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Some of the posters have been talking about not borrowing and saving throughout their life. Here is another story, when I was young I got several credit cards and bought real estate. I used cash advances to make down payments and make annual payments. I'm not a fool and realized the only hope I had to get anywhere was take some risk. I had a good job and a wife who didn't work, she looked after the kids. It worked.
Old 10-12-2022, 09:25 PM
McLaren997
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

I-Bonds are yielding 9.62% for the next 6 months if bought by 10/28. You buy them at Treasurydirect.Gov and can buy up to $10,000 per year per person. I year T-Notes are yielding 4.35% and you buy them from a stock broker and you can buy any amount. I did both of these. I fear a big decline in the stock market.
tourenwagen (10-12-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 09:52 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Originally Posted by McLaren997
I-Bonds are yielding 9.62% for the next 6 months if bought by 10/28. You buy them at Treasurydirect.Gov and can buy up to $10,000 per year per person. I year T-Notes are yielding 4.35% and you buy them from a stock broker and you can buy any amount. I did both of these. I fear a big decline in the stock market.
Yep. I bought $20k a few months ago. Smart buy.
Old 10-12-2022, 09:53 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,189 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Originally Posted by McLaren997
You fear?

But I feel you, it’s going to get worse. Aside from busted up retirements, we haven’t seen it really hit media yet. And when media goes hysterical about anything, it’s when public panics.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:03 PM
RRich
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 131 Posts

We got $30k at 9.62% earlier this year and learned of a strategy to lock in $20k more at 9.62% for 6 months.

22992 (10-13-2022)
Old 10-14-2022, 08:31 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,652 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by FamousJamisFan
I disagree with that. While I don't know this guy's particular case, the FICO system is absolutely designed to favor people in debt. If you want to try something "fun", try paying off all your debt, let those closed accounts age - e.g. no active installment loans on your credit report - and then see what happens to your credit score. I guarantee you it will drop.
Where does one collect on that guarantee? I hold not debt other than a handful of credit cards with zero balance. The only card I use is my Amex. The only thing that might count as debt for FICO is the lease on my wife's car. My scores have not gone down since I went to a zero debt posture 6 years ago. Quite the opposite.

I am not advocating a zero debt financial strategy for everyone. In fact, for the majority of people it is probably a bad idea. I have my personal reasons for having made that decision. FICO scores were not part of that decision process. FICO score increases can be meaningful, but far more so on the lower and mid range scores than in the 700-850 range. At the upper ends, it is more bragging rights than anything else. I would rather focus on my overall financial structure and how it fits my needs than what something might to do my score.

But all that said, in most cases reducing your debt will be better for your FICO score than increasing it - particularly increasing it with $600K of auto loans.
Old 10-16-2022, 03:17 PM
Mike03
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew46
Where does one collect on that guarantee? I hold not debt other than a handful of credit cards with zero balance. The only card I use is my Amex. The only thing that might count as debt for FICO is the lease on my wife's car. My scores have not gone down since I went to a zero debt posture 6 years ago. Quite the opposite.

I am not advocating a zero debt financial strategy for everyone. In fact, for the majority of people it is probably a bad idea. I have my personal reasons for having made that decision. FICO scores were not part of that decision process. FICO score increases can be meaningful, but far more so on the lower and mid range scores than in the 700-850 range. At the upper ends, it is more bragging rights than anything else. I would rather focus on my overall financial structure and how it fits my needs than what something might to do my score.

But all that said, in most cases reducing your debt will be better for your FICO score than increasing it - particularly increasing it with $600K of auto loans.
I wouldn’t advocate what people should do from a financial strategy stand point either. But I would say if you are using your Amex monthly you are hitting some of the requirements FICO uses to keep your score up. Doens’t matter if you carry a balance or not just that it’s used.
detansinn (10-21-2022)
Old 10-16-2022, 07:36 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 520 Posts

I’ve always been curious. With a credit union like Navy Federal, are the funds sent directly to the dealer?
Old 10-16-2022, 07:44 PM
Mike03
6th Gear

That's not true at all. Amex (and most other cards/account) only report to credit bureaus once/month. If you pay off your Amex just prior to statement close - which a lot of people do - then FICO would never see a balance or use on that account, it would always be zero. On top of that, Amex is not really a credit card, it's a charge card so you're supposed to pay it off on time (I know that's changed for some of their lower cards, but I'm talking about the traditional Amexes like the Platinum and Gold card). Finally, with the charge cards, there is no maximum credit line reported to FICO so it also does not go into your credit utilization ratings because it's not possible to calculate this number.
I was talking platinum also and they still report. Also reporting for all cards is not as consistent as you are suggesting it’s optional when and how the card issuers report: https://www.bankrate.com/finance/cre...rt-to-bureaus/. In theory what your suggesting is possible but given that you don’t know when they report you’ll still likely have balanced occasionally.

Finally charge cards do still impact FICO because one of the most important aspects of FICO - payment history. https://www.cnbc.com/select/how-do-c...-credit-score/

So yes it impacts credit just not the utilization aspect of 30% on revolving credit. But there are 4 other factors also not just that 5th one.

Last edited by Mike03; 10-16-2022 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:40 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew46
reducing your credit card debt will help, but reducing your auto loans and mortgages will seriously hurt you. If you have $600K in auto loans that you pay on time every month, your fico scores will be much higher than folks without debt.
FamousJamisFan (10-17-2022)
Old 10-16-2022, 08:44 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 753 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
I’ve always been curious. With a credit union like Navy Federal, are the funds sent directly to the dealer?

No. They give you a check with a not to exceed amount on it. The dealer fills out the vehicle information and the buyer signs the check over to the dealer.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:50 AM
Mike03
6th Gear

Thats not true at all, you got this wrong twice. If you have any sort of credit monitoring - even the free services - it's easy to see when each card reports. I have had a Platinum for years and I can guarantee you they report the night your statement closes. So whatever your statement closed with for the previous month is what they report to the bureaus. If you pay your balance that same day then the bureaus will never know if you used your card at all. Other people I know pay their credit cards on weekly basis so that a bureau - at maximum - would only see a week's worth of expenses, but most often a lot less, if not zero.

Again, it also does not count with utilization. If you read a credit report with a charge card, it literally says that. It's mathematically impossible to calculate that number if no maximum amount is not provided (Amex does not issue one on charge cards).
Again you didn't read the post clearly or the links - not once. Amex does choose to report at statement close. But they don't have to, and it's interesting you've never had a charge roll into next day while processing, Don't run it a lot?. Not all credit companies report as consistently. Separate and away from all that I specifically said it does not count utilization. So I can't for the life of me imagine why would you bring it up. However and more importantly it's still used for 4 out of of the 5 other criteria. The most important one? Are you paid and current on the account. So yes using your Amex hits your FICO.

Separately given that it does have no revolving utilization number. I have no idea why you would set a reminder to pay it every single night (and then hope a charge doesn't process through the next day which btw happens all the time if you use it frequently enough) on the statement closing vs just just auto-paying every month. Whole lot of work for no real gain.

Regardless if you paid your card is reported by Amex which is why it shows up on the credit report....

Last edited by Mike03; 10-17-2022 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Interest rate at Porsche Finacial