Interest rate at Porsche Finacial

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2022, 08:12 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,652 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by FamousJamisFan
Wrong.
Use one of the credit monitoring services or you most likely already have one. Look in the sections that tell you what's hurting your score or ways to improve your score. If your report is the way you say it is, I can guarantee you that one of the reasons cited will be "lack of recent installment loan". Go out and get an installment loan - even something like a secured loan against some CDs.- and you will see your scores increase.
Another "guarantee". Boy you are as sure of yourself as you are wrong. All levels are at "excellent" so no suggestions for improvement are provided. Just to test your theory further, I went my Capital One Creditwise "credit simulator" and added a $100,000 car loan and it showed that debt would drop my score 30 points.

Old 10-19-2022, 02:38 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 311 Posts

It has been a while since I had an auto loan, but in my case I got my score up to 835 by paying all my credit cards off before they report.. i pay each a couple times a week as I use them. Doesn't take long with password auto-inserted when I log in.
Old 10-19-2022, 03:09 PM
Litigator
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by FamousJamisFan
This is the right answer. Anyone who has kept on top of their credit scores and "experimented" with some items has seen this happen. I have multiple monitoring services that I have subscribed to for multiple years. I have a long, clean credit history and nothing has made my score drop more than paying off my installment loans. FICO is definitely 100% rigged to favor people that carry debt month-to-month
This. I pay cash for everything. We use my wife's American Express and pay it off monthly. We own all of our real property outright. I'm in the one percent and my credit score is mediocre. The game is rigged...
The following 2 users liked this post by Litigator:
icanthelpit (10-19-2022), mrrippey (10-21-2022)

Quick Reply: Interest rate at Porsche Finacial