Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 GTS - When??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 08:29 AM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 142 Posts

Thanks for the help all. I moved forward with my dealer for the Targa GTS at 10k ADM (obviously not great but given the market and limited availability didn’t seem crazy). Supposedly will have the car in March which is pretty exciting. I’m still not final on my build which I need to lock in soon so sorting that out. This will be my first 911 so still doing a bunch of research on options etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by av12345:
Go Bruins (11-03-2021), mdrobc1213 (11-06-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 08:49 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by 67SSWT
Got a Coupe build date in January and a order freeze early in December. No ADM.
GM said thy are not receiving any C2S allocations. Strategic up sell from DE?
According to CJ over in the GT sub forum, he said Porsche is ramping up GTS production, and a lot of the S cars that they would have gotten in 2019-2020 are being used to build more GTS models.

Makes sense, especially since they can charge more.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:18 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by av12345
Thanks for the help all. I moved forward with my dealer for the Targa GTS at 10k ADM (obviously not great but given the market and limited availability didn’t seem crazy). Supposedly will have the car in March which is pretty exciting. I’m still not final on my build which I need to lock in soon so sorting that out. This will be my first 911 so still doing a bunch of research on options etc.

I did the same. Struggled a lot with paying over. But I used the following considerations to rationalize my decision to myself:
  • I know I was not first on this dealer's list. Likely far from it. So before they are going to sell the car to me at MSRP or even $5K over, they are first going to go through the rest of the list and then start at the top again with the better offer.
  • I checked in with the several (and I mean) several other dealerships where I was on a list and I was still not close. In most cases, they were not expecting more GTS allocations this year.
  • With everything going on with shortages and ADMs, I would not be surprised to see Porsche re-price their cars around the first of the year. A 5% increase in MSRP is almost equal to the ADM I am paying.
  • Waiting another 6-12 months also reduces the value of my trade in by a grand or two.
As you can see, I am quite practiced at rationalizing decisions. At the end of the day, I want the car and I don't want the wait and uncertainly. So, I may be a sucker for paying the ADM, but I am a sucker with a big *** smile on my face! Not sure I have an alternative use of that $10K that would give me more pleasure.

Last edited by Drew46; 11-03-2021 at 10:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
av12345 (11-05-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 11:35 AM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

It’s unfortunate that not only do many dealerships NOW sell their 911’s at above MSRP, but, they no longer offer a discount. I remember just last year, when I was ordering my car, threads about discounts on the 992 populated this forum. Heck, even Murray had a YouTube video on how to negotiate the best discount deal.

In the end, all this could amount to a substantial upward $$ swing for the consumer. Timing is everything…From what I’ve seen, heard and experienced, these “added costs” apply pretty much to all 911 models.

Whether, or when things will return to pre-pandemic days (in terms of availability and price) is still TBD.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-03-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:53 AM
chong0
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew46
I did the same. Struggled a lot with paying over. But I used the following considerations to rationalize my decision to myself:[*]With everything going on with shortages and ADMs, I would not be surprised to see Porsche re-price their cars around the first of the year. A 5% increase in MSRP is almost equal to the ADM I am paying.
Given that inflation for the year is at 4%, can easily see that happening. you are essentially paying for inflation (except profits go to the dealer) and you are done waiting
Old 11-03-2021, 12:42 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by chong0
Given that inflation for the year is at 4%, can easily see that happening. you are essentially paying for inflation (except profits go to the dealer) and you are done waiting
Hell, I may be the fish at the table, but I am one damn happy fish!
Old 11-03-2021, 12:54 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

In addition to the no discount, pricing over MSRP (for many dealerships), I’m pretty sure that the MSRP for 992 base/S went up from 2021? Could be wrong, but I seem to recall that the 2022 MSRP went up something like $1,500 from 2021…by itself, not a big deal, but it all adds up. No idea abut GTS pricing, but assume there’s no discount and some dealerships are asking over MSRP?

IMO, the only reason any of this is relevant (assuming one has the money in the first place, and thinking about resale one day)…is how all this will (eventually) impact resale value? Eventually, supply will match demand, and if you paid a premium (eg, either paying higher than MSRP or no discount), that will eventually hurt what your net recoup is at re-sale.

It’s like what’s going on in the real estate market….except the dollars involved are significantly higher in real estate…..people paying way above what the same house cost just a year ago. OK if you hold on to the house for a long time, but when (not if) there is another housing bubble, you could be left upside down.

Crazy chit.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-03-2021 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:49 PM
Hammbone50
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 40 Posts

I just got the call from my SA that they got an allocation for a GTS coupe, lock date end of February with May delivery!
Old 11-04-2021, 08:54 PM
sali1980
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 66 Posts

My SA emailed me saying he wants deposit as I got slot for March delivery
Old 11-04-2021, 09:05 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213

Looks like a few of these so far reporting on the RL are getting vehicles at sticker. So maybe an ADM isn't an absolute for a GTS in ones pocket...no??
These cars at sticker appear to be GTS coupes, which is not a big surprise to me.

I don't doubt that some will get a Targa GTS at sticker, but I would anticipate that an ADM is probably going to be the norm for most people who aren't established clients of a dealer.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:21 PM
laurenxesq
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

I just been offered an allocation for GTS next year with $35K ADM. I bought 2 cars from this particular dealer (my family bought total of 4 in the span of 20 years). Dealer mentioned there are total of 4 allocation for GTS in 2022 for them.
Old 11-06-2021, 12:14 AM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

I got my GTS Coupe allocation yesterday. It’s in Track My Dream as of this afternoon. Freeze date 12/09, delivery 03/18/22. Mid January production. MSRP purchase. Build code PNBSMI45. Don’t know where I was in line but I suppose close to 1 or 2. Oh well not in that line now, assembly line next! Can’t wait for that new Porsche smell and my cheeks will be sore from smiling come Spring 22! Dealer about 2 hours from my home, so need to plan the first break-in trip after I take delivery.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:22 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by av12345
Congrats but a $10k ADM=quite a few options man...IMHO I'd wait for a car sold to me at MSRP. Seems quite a few folks are getting them and posting....but am sure the search was long and exhaustive for some!
Originally Posted by Drew46
I did the same. Struggled a lot with paying over. But I used the following considerations to rationalize my decision to myself:
  • I know I was not first on this dealer's list. Likely far from it. So before they are going to sell the car to me at MSRP or even $5K over, they are first going to go through the rest of the list and then start at the top again with the better offer.
  • I checked in with the several (and I mean) several other dealerships where I was on a list and I was still not close. In most cases, they were not expecting more GTS allocations this year.
  • With everything going on with shortages and ADMs, I would not be surprised to see Porsche re-price their cars around the first of the year. A 5% increase in MSRP is almost equal to the ADM I am paying.
  • Waiting another 6-12 months also reduces the value of my trade in by a grand or two.
As you can see, I am quite practiced at rationalizing decisions. At the end of the day, I want the car and I don't want the wait and uncertainly. So, I may be a sucker for paying the ADM, but I am a sucker with a big *** smile on my face! Not sure I have an alternative use of that $10K that would give me more pleasure.
Yes you have justified your reasons well! LOL. Or rationalized them as you mentioned! LOL. But you did get one thing very correct..."at the end of the day, I want the car and I don't want the wait and uncertainty." So that is your WHY for buying the car. No need to justify to us here on the forum..Congrats and enjoy your car....eventually!
Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
In addition to the no discount, pricing over MSRP (for many dealerships), I’m pretty sure that the MSRP for 992 base/S went up from 2021? Could be wrong, but I seem to recall that the 2022 MSRP went up something like $1,500 from 2021…by itself, not a big deal, but it all adds up. No idea abut GTS pricing, but assume there’s no discount and some dealerships are asking over MSRP?

IMO, the only reason any of this is relevant (assuming one has the money in the first place, and thinking about resale one day)…is how all this will (eventually) impact resale value? Eventually, supply will match demand, and if you paid a premium (eg, either paying higher than MSRP or no discount), that will eventually hurt what your net recoup is at re-sale.

It’s like what’s going on in the real estate market….except the dollars involved are significantly higher in real estate…..people paying way above what the same house cost just a year ago. OK if you hold on to the house for a long time, but when (not if) there is another housing bubble, you could be left upside down.

Crazy chit.
. Yes some are saying the new price levels may be here to stay while other are saying it will drop to normal levels at some point so who really knows. I guess we'll see but I do think the one thing most are correct about is that this is probably here to stay thru mid-end 2022 till this resolves one way or another. Its Nov 2021 here now and by next week we'll be in middle of the month and next thing you know the new year is here and then still chips and shortages and logistics will plague the system while Porsche and all the rest try to play catch up!

Originally Posted by Hammbone50
I just got the call from my SA that they got an allocation for a GTS coupe, lock date end of February with May delivery!
Congrats...hopefully its for MSRP. My prediction that these cars would NOT arrive until Spring 2022 is holding true! I recall someone said they'd have one by Nov 2021 somewhere in the US...was like ah probably not. Enjoy your car soon!
Originally Posted by sali1980
My SA emailed me saying he wants deposit as I got slot for March delivery
Congrats and hope its just a normal deposit and no ADM!
Originally Posted by rk-d
These cars at sticker appear to be GTS coupes, which is not a big surprise to me.

I don't doubt that some will get a Targa GTS at sticker, but I would anticipate that an ADM is probably going to be the norm for most people who aren't established clients of a dealer.
GTS coupes are not bad. Do not need a Targa GTS but wouldn't kick one out the door if offered to me. As for ADM... NO ADMs...I think we should sell t-shirts with that on them!
Originally Posted by laurenxesq
I just been offered an allocation for GTS next year with $35K ADM. I bought 2 cars from this particular dealer (my family bought total of 4 in the span of 20 years). Dealer mentioned there are total of 4 allocation for GTS in 2022 for them.
RUN...$35k. WTF? That's obscene IMHO. I've heard so far of $5k and even $10 which are bad enough but $35k for a GTS AND you have bought 2 cars already and 4 total family wise....I'd not deal with that dealer at all as they obviously think you and your family are for granted and a source of just excess income to them. They probably want a $20k deposit too! . You should share the dealership name with the forum so we all can ah benefit!
Originally Posted by icanthelpit
I got my GTS Coupe allocation yesterday. It’s in Track My Dream as of this afternoon. Freeze date 12/09, delivery 03/18/22. Mid January production. MSRP purchase. Build code PNBSMI45. Don’t know where I was in line but I suppose close to 1 or 2. Oh well not in that line now, assembly line next! Can’t wait for that new Porsche smell and my cheeks will be sore from smiling come Spring 22! Dealer about 2 hours from my home, so need to plan the first break-in trip after I take delivery.
Enjoy the road trip home when it arrives. That will be sweet and memorable. I just picked up a used '16 BMW M4 in Sept and part of the fun was the drive from the dealership to Tx where i had some business then the rest of the drive to Cali/home. . Enjoy it...was in the same place with my Carrera S order last year this time...took delivery the day before Thanksgiving! . Lots to be thankful for you guys!

Road trip CPO M3 Tx stop

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 11-06-2021 at 03:24 AM.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:55 AM
Tkim
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Enjoy the road trip home when it arrives. That will be sweet and memorable. I just picked up a used '16 BMW M4 in Sept and part of the fun was the drive from the dealership to Tx where i had some business then the rest of the drive to Cali/home. . Enjoy it...was in the same place with my Carrera S order last year this time...took delivery the day before Thanksgiving! . Lots to be thankful for you guys!

Nice car!
Did you move to Cali? Thought you were in Hawaii.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:14 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Tkim

Nice car!
Did you move to Cali? Thought you were in Hawaii.
Couldn't drive it all the way home. Cali=port to ship!

Quick Reply: 992 GTS - When??