Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Placed an Order for C2S no build date

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 10:52 AM
Vaidas Cikotas
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not worried about the deposit and I haven't shopped other dealers as I negotiated a nice discount... I'm just wondering If I'm getting pushed to the back of the line if an allocation comes out and they want full MSRP on the few they might be getting. I'm gonna drive down to the dealer and have a conversation with the manager today. Thank you for the input!
Old 01-02-2021, 11:02 AM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Vaidas Cikotas
I'm not worried about the deposit and I haven't shopped other dealers as I negotiated a nice discount... I'm just wondering If I'm getting pushed to the back of the line if an allocation comes out and they want full MSRP on the few they might be getting. I'm gonna drive down to the dealer and have a conversation with the manager today. Thank you for the input!
Nice discount means nothing without an allocation...I went through this and refused to put deposit down without an allocation and kept shopping nationwide...and it took me over 4 months to find one at the discount I wanted...if you choose to limit yourself to one dealer it could be a very long wait.
The following 2 users liked this post by gohawks23:
Joeybats (01-02-2021), mdrobc1213 (01-03-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 04:20 PM
DrewTJ50
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 54 Posts

It seems like everyone is speculating about the allocation availability. Can anyone actually confirm that there were CS2 allocation given to dealers around Christmas? I've had a deposit down since last July and feel like there is no real information out there. I talk to my SA as well as the dealership Manager and they tell me there are no CS2 allocations at all but just be patient. Even if an allocation showed up today, it would be a Summer delivery which makes it about a year since I put down my deposit. This is beyond frustrating... not sure if it matters, but I'm getting a C2S Cab with a Manual Transmission....Anyone have any insight to what types of allocations might be coming now that we're actually in 2021??
I can confirm that allocations got released around Christmas. Two stores local to me got additional allocations, as did one out of town who I ended up putting a deposit down with. I believe Porsche Walnut Creek has a C2S Cab allocation if that’s helpful. Don’t expect any discount though.
Old 01-02-2021, 05:12 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercuriell
My dealer in SE Qld told me no 911 allocations till March. Only new 911 floor stock is a C2 Cab. As far as deposit is concerned if you have a properly signed contract then you are both bound by its terms - if you haven’t signed anything you can ask for it back.
It's signed alright, but I'm pretty confident if push came to shove I'd get it back,
Hopefully I'll have an update in a week or 2

Old 01-02-2021, 05:14 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Originally Posted by DrewTJ50
I can confirm that allocations got released around Christmas. Two stores local to me got additional allocations, as did one out of town who I ended up putting a deposit down with. I believe Porsche Walnut Creek has a C2S Cab allocation if that’s helpful. Don’t expect any discount though.
How often do Porsche release their allocations ,is it a monthly thing ?
Old 01-02-2021, 05:16 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Let us know how you go
Old 01-02-2021, 05:17 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Nice discount means nothing without an allocation...I went through this and refused to put deposit down without an allocation and kept shopping nationwide...and it took me over 4 months to find one at the discount I wanted...if you choose to limit yourself to one dealer it could be a very long wait.

Agreed !

Last edited by Ant68; 01-02-2021 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-02-2021, 05:28 PM
Ant68
Instructor

I cant believe the prices for a used nicely spec'd CS2 at the moment
Crazy times
Great time to sell
Old 01-02-2021, 07:39 PM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Received 490 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by Ant68
It's signed alright, but I'm pretty confident if push came to shove I'd get it back,
Hopefully I'll have an update in a week or 2
I\f there are gaps in the contract as to delivery or car details then I think you’re pretty safe - when I was interested in a 992 gt3 (obviously no allocations) they had a Expression of Interest document with a $2k deposit refundable at any time. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
Ant68 (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 07:54 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 831 Likes on 458 Posts

Good luck with your journey but yes its much like most of the RL members who've been thru this have said. Seems IMHO like the golden time to get a car easily was right before COVID19 hit in early Spring when allocations were still avail and a bit more freely found. From it seems like March-April thru maybe June they started to disappear and this summer in July when I did my deal with my local dealer they were getting a bit harder to find as Porsche both tightened up their global supply and had to face the 1st set of full and partial factory closures along with most of Europe due to COVID19 in Apr-May-Jun of their production lines. Since then nothing has been normal about finding a good amount of allocations sitting around for dealers or buyers like yourself looking to custom their cars and place an order.

My familiar story is that my dealer in July was selling what seemed like 99% of every allocation they got! In fact I dropped my 991 trade by on Fri and had an open 2021 CS2 allocation sitting for my SA for my build which by the time I got back in the dealership the next afternoon (Saturday) to finalize my build had NO avail allocation since another customer and SA had taken the same open allocation slot that very AM! Placed my order and got a build sheet without a commission number that afternoon as I sensed what was happening and had a longer talk with a few other SA's at other dealership who've I befriended and/or bought P-cars from who said yeah there was a lot of horse trading for allocations going around as many were looking and not everyone had them. Also for some reason C2 allocations were more abundant than C2S and C4S cars and Cabs and Targas were even harder to find...this was last July. My dealer DID get new allocations about 10 days after I had finalized my build and left my equity on my trade as a deposit (I didn't really need it and it was 100% refundable anyway) but again there were more people in line for the C2S allocation that they did get (they got 2) than me however my SA was able to find an open allocation somewhere for a C2S that was about to lock [V200 status] in three days and was able to get it for me..not sure what he traded but joked about giving up a Taycan allocation for it. . Good to me cause all I wanted was my 992 so when he called and asked was I good on my build I told him to pull the trigger and go for it...I had 24 hrs to add/delete/change anything and all I added was CF/folding mirrors...as hell I'd built the dayum car 1001 times on the config already and even had a spreadsheet with 5 total configurations (the all I want down to the this is what I really am willing to spend to this is the best of 3 final options all orderly listed by options and pricing...even factored in my trade and discount into the sheet!). So I KNEW what the end result was and from there I received my commission number in about 48hrs and then the tracking fun began. TYD which you don't have in Australia is a good thing...it lies and is poorly updated but at least gives you some idea that Porsche IS building a car for you...albeit where in the world it is you may not know with any accuracy till your dealer tells you he's got if or its about to arrive. Got my car the day before Thanksgiving! Happy to see it here and enjoying it.

But yes I think globally Porsche has throttled back on cars and allocations are scarce as hell now for everyone now looking to customize their car. You may want to try to see who has what on the lots avail [I did that too and there wasn't much that fit what I wanted even back in July but my SA did find about a dozen cars twice for me to at least look at that he could get probably through a vehicle trade with another dealer]. However at least here in the US I've heard that some dealers have sold even everything that they have build to put on the lots also and 110% of cars coming in are just sold/gone! So yeah you may have a long wait in front of you. The sizable deposit thing agree is BS at least in the US...that all changes and can depending on your relationship with them and how much $$ and their integrity...sorty of like hottest girl at the club...you may get lucky or the dude with more bankroll who's buying the bar and staying in the penthouse or villa at Vegas may get in where you thought you fit in. Seen that happen to a few friends with California dealers especially. Place in line keeps dropping you'd think it was in free fall for a hot car with low availability. Wishing the best but yes shop around and do tons of research...most successful story I heard on the forums like called EVERY dealership East of the Mississippi River...in the US that is ALOT of car dealers to call and look for a car but got one at a decent price I hear!

This is what you want to see tho from your SA that means you DO have a car and Porsche agrees and is prepared to build you one! Good luck and fingers crossed for you!

992 dealer tracking
The following users liked this post:
Ant68 (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 08:52 AM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

I really think with gt cars being so difficult to procure, everyone now thinks there are shadow games going on. I fully believe every dealer is trying to sell as many carrera as they can. They only get allocated so many builds. Often their regional rep can help get more but I think all dealers are having trouble. Thank the market record highs? Maybe the issue is that they took a bunch of money from you making it seem that they had a build spot. Maybe they should have had clearer distinction on what was available and expected.
The following 2 users liked this post by TeutonicCarFan:
Ant68 (01-03-2021), LC200 (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 10:29 AM
MNLPGH
3rd Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems like everyone is speculating about the allocation availability. Can anyone actually confirm that there were CS2 allocation given to dealers around Christmas? I've had a deposit down since last July and feel like there is no real information out there. I talk to my SA as well as the dealership Manager and they tell me there are no CS2 allocations at all but just be patient. Even if an allocation showed up today, it would be a Summer delivery which makes it about a year since I put down my deposit. This is beyond frustrating... not sure if it matters, but I'm getting a C2S Cab with a Manual Transmission....Anyone have any insight to what types of allocations might be coming now that we're actually in 2021??
Yes - my dealer in PA got C2S allocations in late December. As of mid-December they had zero 911 allocations through April. This batch was for April/May/June build dates. I paid the deposit and got a C2S with build date in late May, expected delivery date in late July. I had originally planned for a C4S build, but the dealer got zero allocations through June, so I just took a C2S....similar scarcity here. I just got lucky walking in at the right time right before they got a set of allocations / their list ahead of my had just cleared.
The following 2 users liked this post by MNLPGH:
Ant68 (01-03-2021), mdrobc1213 (01-04-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 03:58 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Good luck with your journey but yes its much like most of the RL members who've been thru this have said. Seems IMHO like the golden time to get a car easily was right before COVID19 hit in early Spring when allocations were still avail and a bit more freely found. From it seems like March-April thru maybe June they started to disappear and this summer in July when I did my deal with my local dealer they were getting a bit harder to find as Porsche both tightened up their global supply and had to face the 1st set of full and partial factory closures along with most of Europe due to COVID19 in Apr-May-Jun of their production lines. Since then nothing has been normal about finding a good amount of allocations sitting around for dealers or buyers like yourself looking to custom their cars and place an order.

My familiar story is that my dealer in July was selling what seemed like 99% of every allocation they got! In fact I dropped my 991 trade by on Fri and had an open 2021 CS2 allocation sitting for my SA for my build which by the time I got back in the dealership the next afternoon (Saturday) to finalize my build had NO avail allocation since another customer and SA had taken the same open allocation slot that very AM! Placed my order and got a build sheet without a commission number that afternoon as I sensed what was happening and had a longer talk with a few other SA's at other dealership who've I befriended and/or bought P-cars from who said yeah there was a lot of horse trading for allocations going around as many were looking and not everyone had them. Also for some reason C2 allocations were more abundant than C2S and C4S cars and Cabs and Targas were even harder to find...this was last July. My dealer DID get new allocations about 10 days after I had finalized my build and left my equity on my trade as a deposit (I didn't really need it and it was 100% refundable anyway) but again there were more people in line for the C2S allocation that they did get (they got 2) than me however my SA was able to find an open allocation somewhere for a C2S that was about to lock [V200 status] in three days and was able to get it for me..not sure what he traded but joked about giving up a Taycan allocation for it. . Good to me cause all I wanted was my 992 so when he called and asked was I good on my build I told him to pull the trigger and go for it...I had 24 hrs to add/delete/change anything and all I added was CF/folding mirrors...as hell I'd built the dayum car 1001 times on the config already and even had a spreadsheet with 5 total configurations (the all I want down to the this is what I really am willing to spend to this is the best of 3 final options all orderly listed by options and pricing...even factored in my trade and discount into the sheet!). So I KNEW what the end result was and from there I received my commission number in about 48hrs and then the tracking fun began. TYD which you don't have in Australia is a good thing...it lies and is poorly updated but at least gives you some idea that Porsche IS building a car for you...albeit where in the world it is you may not know with any accuracy till your dealer tells you he's got if or its about to arrive. Got my car the day before Thanksgiving! Happy to see it here and enjoying it.

But yes I think globally Porsche has throttled back on cars and allocations are scarce as hell now for everyone now looking to customize their car. You may want to try to see who has what on the lots avail [I did that too and there wasn't much that fit what I wanted even back in July but my SA did find about a dozen cars twice for me to at least look at that he could get probably through a vehicle trade with another dealer]. However at least here in the US I've heard that some dealers have sold even everything that they have build to put on the lots also and 110% of cars coming in are just sold/gone! So yeah you may have a long wait in front of you. The sizable deposit thing agree is BS at least in the US...that all changes and can depending on your relationship with them and how much $$ and their integrity...sorty of like hottest girl at the club...you may get lucky or the dude with more bankroll who's buying the bar and staying in the penthouse or villa at Vegas may get in where you thought you fit in. Seen that happen to a few friends with California dealers especially. Place in line keeps dropping you'd think it was in free fall for a hot car with low availability. Wishing the best but yes shop around and do tons of research...most successful story I heard on the forums like called EVERY dealership East of the Mississippi River...in the US that is ALOT of car dealers to call and look for a car but got one at a decent price I hear!

This is what you want to see tho from your SA that means you DO have a car and Porsche agrees and is prepared to build you one! Good luck and fingers crossed for you!

992 dealer tracking
Thank you for sharing your experience and I will take your advice on board.
Will keep you posted
Old 01-03-2021, 04:01 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Originally Posted by MNLPGH
Yes - my dealer in PA got C2S allocations in late December. As of mid-December they had zero 911 allocations through April. This batch was for April/May/June build dates. I paid the deposit and got a C2S with build date in late May, expected delivery date in late July. I had originally planned for a C4S build, but the dealer got zero allocations through June, so I just took a C2S....similar scarcity here. I just got lucky walking in at the right time right before they got a set of allocations / their list ahead of my had just cleared.
Yes very lucky
Old 01-03-2021, 05:08 PM
LC200
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

What does everyone think of dealers taking $$$ before getting an allocation?

Never had to deal with this before for me for my 3 other P cars.

Quick Reply: Placed an Order for C2S no build date