Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final cab final color advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

I like the chrome lettering with the blue. And it pulls in the wheels. Sharp.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:11 PM
amelen
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
I can't post pics here from my iPhone

Oh well, I wanted to show my cabriolet here....
If you don't mind emailing them to me, I can post it for you me@alexmelen.com
Old 12-09-2020, 02:19 PM
amelen
Pro

Still on the fence with the blue top, found a great example here:

https://throttlestop.com/detail/2020...a-4s-cabriolet

Old 12-09-2020, 02:39 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,600 Likes on 816 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
If you don't mind emailing them to me, I can post it for you me@alexmelen.com
Just did, feel free to post them. I'm curious what you guys think
Old 12-09-2020, 02:49 PM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by Tupper
Just did, feel free to post them. I'm curious what you guys think
Posting on your behalf below. Car looks great btw.

Old 12-09-2020, 03:08 PM
steve9
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 33 Posts

There is a C4S Cab for sale at Hull (UK) in a very similar combination. The photos are not particularly good but they might help. Note the black top - this is common on most of the gentian cabs in the UK. Porsche Centre Hull C4S Cab

My 2c on the build on an exception basis only, as it looks great! :-

- Thumbs up for the Carrera Classic wheels - these are new for the 992 and can be kept looking reasonably clean with a quick wipe down on the machined finished. The standard Carrera S wheels are a bit long in the tooth now (8 years?)
- I would consider crayon seatbelts
- If you have any concerns about colour transfer from jeans etc to the light colored seats, you could consider the deviated leather seat centers in slate ($980). Sometimes these contrasting seat centers don't really work IMO, but in this case it is limited to two colours slate/crayon and works quite well I think.

Old 12-09-2020, 03:15 PM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by steve9
There is a C4S Cab for sale at Hull (UK) in a very similar combination. The photos are not particularly good but they might help. Note the black top - this is common on most of the gentian cabs in the UK. Porsche Centre Hull C4S Cab

My 2c on the build on an exception basis only, as it looks great! :-

- Thumbs up for the Carrera Classic wheels - these are new for the 992 and can be kept looking reasonably clean with a quick wipe down on the machined finished. The standard Carrera S wheels are a bit long in the tooth now (8 years?)
- I would consider crayon seatbelts
- If you have any concerns about colour transfer from jeans etc to the light colored seats, you could consider the deviated leather seat centers in slate ($980). Sometimes these contrasting seat centers don't really work IMO, but in this case it is limited to two colours slate/crayon and works quite well I think.
Great feedback, thank you! That link makes it an almost perfect comparison for black top vs blue top, ie:

blue: https://throttlestop.com/detail/2020...a-4s-cabriolet
black: https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/...briolet-243119
Old 12-09-2020, 03:21 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,600 Likes on 816 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
Posting on your behalf below. Car looks great btw.
^ Mucho appreciated!
Old 12-09-2020, 06:19 PM
aab
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Im ordering the 992 C4S Gentian on Slate Chalk but in coupe form with a glass sunroof. Doesn't look like like my allocation is until Feb/March.
I would go with the black top as too much blue otherwise (my preference). since I was a kid I have loved the Carrera 4S lettering...Im going for the full monty.
As for wheels I like both but personal preference Carrera S or classic not black. Car is dark enough.
So the lettering on the back in silver, would match your rims and the lightness of the interior.
How exciting...best of luck!!
Old 12-09-2020, 06:22 PM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by aab
Im ordering the 992 C4S Gentian on Slate Chalk but in coupe form with a glass sunroof. Doesn't look like like my allocation is until Feb/March.
I would go with the black top as too much blue otherwise (my preference). since I was a kid I have loved the Carrera 4S lettering...Im going for the full monty.
As for wheels I like both but personal preference Carrera S or classic not black. Car is dark enough.
So the lettering on the back in silver, would match your rims and the lightness of the interior.
How exciting...best of luck!!
Thanks! Yup, I don't think I'll get an allocation until Feb/March either. What's your build code? Anything else interesting you added to it?
Old 12-09-2020, 06:29 PM
aab
Advanced

My Build code is PMEYDGA9...Im still on the fence about PSE as I think the car is loud enough, on the fence about RWS as my dealer doesn't think its necessary and FAL is something Im debating. I have a steep driveway but my Golf R has no problem with it and Im not getting SPASM on this car so it wont be lowered. Adaptive Cruise Control Im debating as well I want the pre safe and I can't believe Porsche is charging us extra for safety!
Old 12-09-2020, 06:37 PM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by aab
My Build code is PMEYDGA9...Im still on the fence about PSE as I think the car is loud enough, on the fence about RWS as my dealer doesn't think its necessary and FAL is something Im debating. I have a steep driveway but my Golf R has no problem with it and Im not getting SPASM on this car so it wont be lowered. Adaptive Cruise Control Im debating as well I want the pre safe and I can't believe Porsche is charging us extra for safety!
Great build! You went more option-happy then me on this lol

Interesting thought on PSE, I prefer the 4 tail-pipe look myself, but have really liked the PSE on my Panamera and use it all the time. On a convertible though, I have had thoughts that the stock one might be enough. SPASM actually saves me money when doing the sports package (it costs money to remove SPASM and do PSE and Sports Chrono separately) - otherwise I'd have removed it I think. RWS I have on my Panamera and do notice a difference from it, on the 911, I didn't feel it doing enough (just my opinion). Otherwise I think we're on the same page with all of the other options.

Oh and seats! I got 18-way on my panamera, the 14-way weren't snug enough. I still have to test both on the 992 911, I heard the 14-ways are more bolstered now. On the convertible the 18-way have a plastic back of a different color (14-way are leather back same color), so I would go for the 14 if they feel snug enough. Have you sat in both?
Old 12-09-2020, 06:56 PM
aab
Advanced

Haven't tried 14 or 18 ways but Im looking for more on the comfort side so that's why Ive selected the 14's. Had the 4 ways in my 991.1 GT3...the seats were fine but the car was too firm for my liking. Im playing with the configurator numerous times a day and options are easy to pick until you have to finalize the build order! If I keep choosing more options it will be more cost effective to get the 992 Turbo!
Old 12-09-2020, 07:03 PM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by aab
Haven't tried 14 or 18 ways but Im looking for more on the comfort side so that's why Ive selected the 14's. Had the 4 ways in my 991.1 GT3...the seats were fine but the car was too firm for my liking. Im playing with the configurator numerous times a day and options are easy to pick until you have to finalize the build order! If I keep choosing more options it will be more cost effective to get the 992 Turbo!
18-way are more configurable and thus more likely to be more comfortable then the 14-way. On the Panamera, the 18-way were a lot more comfortable for me.

"If I keep choosing more options it will be more cost effective to get the 992 Turbo!" -> That's exactly how I felt, decided I'm going to keep it under $165k - otherwise might as well spring for the GTS (should be announced in the next few months) or the Turbo since they'll both depreciate slower.
Old 12-09-2020, 09:28 PM
aab
Advanced

For me the support and adjustability of the 18 ways is great. However, I find the additional bolstering on the seat bottoms to make ingress/egress harder. Maybe on the 992’s it’s different? I must say that the lines of your 4S cab are beautiful!!

Quick Reply: Final cab final color advice