Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Numeric Racing PDK Pedal Set

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 05:49 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,367 Likes on 1,533 Posts

Wait until you go to remove your OEM Porsche pedals ....lol. The feel, texture and thinness of them will surprise you.

That's very cool Numeric is sending a 3D printed version in the interim.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:27 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Didn’t realize the issue only impacts manual cars—PDK are okay.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:26 PM
msile
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
To my knowledge all 992 Manuals (I think I have one of the first few in the US) have the CF break pedal.
The pdks also have the CF pedal and it is a very tight fit.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:57 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
They do come in black!
Okay I am sold...however I wonder about the grip without any rubber inserts and bare aluminum/metal? In previous cars including a Porsche or two when I did this the new pedals had the small rubber round inserts (looked like litter eraser heads) to give you some grip. Would worry my foot would slip if not wearing rubber sole'd shoes. Thoughts?
Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
Unless something has changed since I purchased mine in October, the do come in black. I chose the aluminum because I have never owned anything that was anodized or coated black that didn't scratch or wear down to the metal eventually.
Naw gotta go with black. No silver in my interior and its black also leather/carpet!
Originally Posted by drcollie
I just got my Numeric Racing pedals and what really shocks me is how cheap the plastic pedals are on my 2021 992 S. I had no idea because I have never taken them off before. There is nothing to them, they are wafer-thin ABS plastic with a cheap aluminum channel overlay strip to make them look nice when sitting in the seat. Once you pull them off, you will say "Really Porsche? Come on". The brake pedal and clutch pedal are condom-like rubber overlays made in Korea. My car only has 200 miles on it and as you can see the dealer didn't remove the blue protective film over the accelerator and dead pedal. There is only a flexible hinge at the bottom of the OEM foot pedal that looks incredibly flimsy. I'm sure Porsche has tested it to not break, but I shook my head when I saw how marginal this was. When you pull off the OEM Dead Pedal, you will probably break a few of the tabs, I've seen Legos made stronger than that Dead Pedal.

And onto these beauties. Very nice machining, and where there is that flex hinge in plastic, Numeric Racing has a sleeved ball bearing as a hinge. These pedals are thick and substantial and are going to add a pound to your car weight. That's OK though, in my book, I like the construction of these.

A little tip during install, its MUCH - MUCH easier to get the OEM pedal out of the slot when you take the module out of the car. There's a single connector at the top of the accelerator pedal that has to come off, and you just slide the Red/Orange Retainer UP and the connector will come right off allowing you to take the assembly out of the vehicle. Once you have the assembly out of the car the release tab to slide the OEM pedal out is easy to operate. I struggled 15 minutes to do this in the car, so save that effort and just detach the plug and move it out - you'll thank me later.

The kit they sent me doesn't fit the brake pedal on the 2021 992 S. It may on prior model years, but the backing plate won't fit over the brake shaft, which is wider and a different shape from the clutch pedal (see photo 2). I have sent Numeric Racing a PM regarding this - not sure if they are aware of this fitment issue or not. The backing plate will need to be widened for 2021 manuals by about 1/4 to 3/8" unless I am doing something wrong. I may be able to fix this with a file and Dremel tool, going to work more on it today.

My car now has sexy pedals. These look great, haven’t driven the car yet but they feel good in the garage.

I had to modify the backer on the brake pedal but I have a serious garage with many air tools so I cut and ground it to fit. I’m sure Numeric Racing will get a quick fix for three pedal 2021 cars.

Great write up but wow about the backing plate and new different CF shaft. Good catch. Also sounds good that they're responsive to fixing it. Hope they come/follow thru...may wait to order though.
Spoke with Numeric Racing today and indeed, the 2021 992's have a carbon fiber / composite brake pedal shaft that the 2020's did not have. So they are ordering that part from Porsche and will mill a new backing plate for the 2021 cars. They expect to have the new brake backer plates available in 6 weeks or so.
So are they gonna just mail you a new plate? Any idea if the 3D printed one is solid as the metal one?
The 2020s (mine is March 2020 build) has the carbon break shaft.. I just ordered a set from Numeric over the weekend, I guess I will see if I have the same issue as the 2021 in the above picture.
Yes let us know what happens.
As mentioned I ordered a set from Numeric this weekend for my 2020 C4s Manual Transmission. They called to let me know that they are sending the set with a temporary 3D printed break pedal bracket, and will be manufacturing the replacement in about a month. That way I can install it right away, and just replace the base plate when the other arrives.

Really nice to have a vendor have good communications, come up with a temporary fix, and make it right. Nice!
Glad to hear it. May feel better about ordering and waiting for a new backer plate.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:57 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,740 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Okay I am sold...however I wonder about the grip without any rubber inserts and bare aluminum/metal? In previous cars including a Porsche or two when I did this the new pedals had the small rubber round inserts (looked like litter eraser heads) to give you some grip. Would worry my foot would slip if not wearing rubber sole'd shoes. Thoughts?

Naw gotta go with black. No silver in my interior and its black also leather/carpet!

Great write up but wow about the backing plate and new different CF shaft. Good catch. Also sounds good that they're responsive to fixing it. Hope they come/follow thru...may wait to order though.

So are they gonna just mail you a new plate? Any idea if the 3D printed one is solid as the metal one?

Yes let us know what happens.

Glad to hear it. May feel better about ordering and waiting for a new backer plate.
They are going to mail me a temporary 3d printed plate (not metal likely) and then manufacture a aluminum one over the next month and send that one to me as the permanent fix.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:24 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

These are mainly a dress-up piece, when driving the car - there's not much of a different feel, though the accelerator pedal is wider and that's welcome for a bit of heel and toe. No slippage issues that I have experienced, but so far I haven't driven the car since installation with leather-soled shoes. Put them in the same category as Carbon Fiber vs Plastic bits.

My pedals modified with the cuts in the backer is rock-solid and nothing is visible, but I'll swap it out when they send me the new aluminum one in a couple of months anyways.

Last edited by drcollie; 01-15-2021 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:30 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 468 Posts

They are going to mail me a temporary 3d printed plate (not metal likely) and then manufacture a aluminum one over the next month and send that one to me as the permanent fix.
Yes the emailed me promptly and said they'd ordered a CF Brake pedal part from a 992 to use as a template and should have the new backs avail in a few weeks and will just send them to prior early adopters who have a 2021 911 manual car. That works. Order placed!
These are mainly a dress-up piece, when driving the car - there's not much of a different feel, though the accelerator pedal is wider and that's welcome for a bit of heel and toe. No slippage issues that I have experienced, but so far I haven't driven the car since installation with leather-soled shoes. Put them in the same category as Carbon Fiber vs Plastic bits.

Mine pedals modified with the cuts in the backer is rock-solid and nothing is visible, but I'll swap it out when they send me the new aluminum one in a couple of months anyways.
Sounds like a plan. Placed my order this AM.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:22 PM
Numeric Racing
Former Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

To give an update on the 992 brake pedal mounting bracket, this is only for the manual cars. For more than 10 customers have already installed it on the PDK/automatic cars (even a few posted in this thread). We ordered a CF brake pedal from Porsche and already received the exact dimensions that are required for our mounting plate. Thank you for working with us as we are starting to machine them. The timeline is about 2-3 weeks at most, so all new orders will receive the product just as described and past orders will be sent the new plate. We are excited to be changing the pedal market with these and hope that you will enjoy them and spread the word!
Old 01-21-2021, 12:49 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Now that I have about 150 miles driven with the 992 Numeric Racing Pedal Set, I can tell you the difference in actual driving (aside from looking 10x better) is - on a manual transmission car -is that the significantly wider throttle pedal makes it more pleasant to manage shifts and considerably easier to heel and toe. You will notice a difference.

LOL, I think I'm still in disbelief how cheap the factory Porsche pedals are. I know, they can sell / justify it because they are "lightweight" and indeed they are. On a manual transmission car your three contact points with the machine are the steering wheel, the shift lever and the foot pedals. Steering wheels and shift lever are decent....not so the foot pedals. Go Figure.

Last edited by drcollie; 01-21-2021 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:26 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
To give an update on the 992 brake pedal mounting bracket, this is only for the manual cars. For more than 10 customers have already installed it on the PDK/automatic cars (even a few posted in this thread). We ordered a CF brake pedal from Porsche and already received the exact dimensions that are required for our mounting plate. Thank you for working with us as we are starting to machine them. The timeline is about 2-3 weeks at most, so all new orders will receive the product just as described and past orders will be sent the new plate. We are excited to be changing the pedal market with these and hope that you will enjoy them and spread the word!
I’m at 11 (calendar) days and counting since I placed my order—can’t wait!
Old 01-21-2021, 01:40 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,740 Likes on 776 Posts

I got mine yesterday, now I just need to install! Quality is outstanding! Nice work!
Old 01-22-2021, 12:11 PM
kencalz
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

with the 3D printed part installed on CF brake
Old 01-22-2021, 12:55 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

If you ever track your car, I'd recommend using caution with any oversized gas pedal on 2 and even 3 pedal setups.
Nothing gets your "pucker reflex" working faster than coming into a heavy brake zone to discover your foot wasn't all the way off the throttle when right foot braking....

Last edited by NVRANUF; 01-22-2021 at 12:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rouxeny (01-23-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 02:02 PM
kencalz
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
If you ever track your car, I'd recommend using caution with any oversized gas pedal on 2 and even 3 pedal setups.
Nothing gets your "pucker reflex" working faster than coming into a heavy brake zone to discover your foot wasn't all the way off the throttle when right foot braking....
Totally agree. Only reason I got the pedals was to aid in heel and toe for daily spirited driving and it doesn't help nearly as much as I wanted. I did a pedal conversion on my GT350R and it was like night and day and the best mod I made to that car. Yes - the numeric kit is way prettier asthetically and moves the throttle a little closer to the driver but it also moves the brake and clutch pedal forwards by the same amount (which I did not want) so only benefit to me is that the brake and throttle pedals are wider/more surface area. I also don't like the how the clutch pedal has added thickness and messes up my perceived bite point (a tad higher and it was already high as it is). To make this kit better they definitely need to have more adjustability fore/aft on the throttle pedal and brake/clutch with thinner overall mounts (width is ok). A kit specific for the 992 MT.

To sum it up I think Numeric could have done a better job and should have tested and mounted on an actual 992 MT before they announced product compatibility because not only is the CF brake pedal totally different to any other 911 the throttle box is also not a carryover piece from the 991. So the one size fits all 911 approach may not be the optimal solution here.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:25 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kencalz
Totally agree. Only reason I got the pedals was to aid in heel and toe for daily spirited driving and it doesn't help nearly as much as I wanted. I did a pedal conversion on my GT350R and it was like night and day and the best mod I made to that car. Yes - the numeric kit is way prettier asthetically and moves the throttle a little closer to the driver but it also moves the brake and clutch pedal forwards by the same amount (which I did not want) so only benefit to me is that the brake and throttle pedals are wider/more surface area. I also don't like the how the clutch pedal has added thickness and messes up my perceived bite point (a tad higher and it was already high as it is). To make this kit better they definitely need to have more adjustability fore/aft on the throttle pedal and brake/clutch with thinner overall mounts (width is ok). A kit specific for the 992 MT.

To sum it up I think Numeric could have done a better job and should have tested and mounted on an actual 992 MT before they announced product compatibility because not only is the CF brake pedal totally different to any other 911 the throttle box is also not a carryover piece from the 991. So the one size fits all 911 approach may not be the optimal solution here.
Good evaluation. I was considering ordering NM's Short Shift unit, but I don't want to be a Beta Tester on it as I was on the pedals. Yes, I know the cage is supposed to be the same as the 991, but I'm not inclined to start prying panels on my 992 and breaking tabs on a $ 160K car without a dedicated instruction set,either a pictorial or video specific to the 992.

Quick Reply: Numeric Racing PDK Pedal Set