Sponsored by:

Numeric Racing PDK Pedal Set

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 04:18 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by kencalz
Totally agree. Only reason I got the pedals was to aid in heel and toe for daily spirited driving and it doesn't help nearly as much as I wanted. I did a pedal conversion on my GT350R and it was like night and day and the best mod I made to that car. Yes - the numeric kit is way prettier asthetically and moves the throttle a little closer to the driver but it also moves the brake and clutch pedal forwards by the same amount (which I did not want) so only benefit to me is that the brake and throttle pedals are wider/more surface area. I also don't like the how the clutch pedal has added thickness and messes up my perceived bite point (a tad higher and it was already high as it is). To make this kit better they definitely need to have more adjustability fore/aft on the throttle pedal and brake/clutch with thinner overall mounts (width is ok). A kit specific for the 992 MT.

To sum it up I think Numeric could have done a better job and should have tested and mounted on an actual 992 MT before they announced product compatibility because not only is the CF brake pedal totally different to any other 911 the throttle box is also not a carryover piece from the 991. So the one size fits all 911 approach may not be the optimal solution here.
They work great as intended, aiding heel/toe shifts. I used a competitors fully adjustable pedals on a 997.1 GT3 when I was an active track junky and instructing with PCA and coaching at local tracks. They worked great but I'd still have the occasional WTF!!! moment during high speed heavy braking.

Side note: Not sure why 2 pedal cars feel a need for extra wide throttle pedals. They may look spiffy but when you balance that against risking a major FU when facing a panic stop on the street, the benefits pale.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:17 PM
kencalz
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
Good evaluation. I was considering ordering NM's Short Shift unit, but I don't want to be a Beta Tester on it as I was on the pedals. Yes, I know the cage is supposed to be the same as the 991, but I'm not inclined to start prying panels on my 992 and breaking tabs on a $ 160K car without a dedicated instruction set,either a pictorial or video specific to the 992.
Even though there wasn't much info online I actually ordered both and like the short shifter better. Although I heard NM mention the shifter setup is identical to the 991, the actual shifter part number is different and begins with 992 (pictures attached). Not sure why Porsche would go through the headache of adding another part number if they could use the identical carryover part from the 991. So I definitely feel like a beta tester paying retail as I later found out they never actually had a 992 MT in their shop to do a proper fitment for the Pedal set or Short Shift. Just ordering a CF pedal specific to the 992 MT and making a backing plate for that is not the same as having the actual car there and seeing how all the components gel/work together and optimizing/refining the build (because every 911 model is slightly different). So neither the NM shifter or Pedal set have been tuned/optimized for a 992 MT - they are just carryover parts developed for the 991/981. If I were NM I would also look at the throttle box specific to 992 to confirm that that travel modulation length works perfectly as I am not 100% sure it correctly will engage the kick down mechanism (if it is too short). Their instruction video only shows 991 and my 992 was harder to remove the throttle pedal and I easily broke the stock cheap tabs during the process (so have buy a whole new assembly if going back to stock)

I just expected a whole lot more from Numeric (specializes in Porsche) and releasing a product they themselves have not tested or even fitted on an actual car is unacceptable at this price range. And they still advertise the MT 992 pedal set availability on their website when they know the current parts won't fit the CF brake pedal..

Throttle/Accelerator area part number

Shifter part number for 992

Numeric said it would be very easy but I took it to a porsche independent (none of the dealers I called would install the short shifter) and it took them about 90 minutes. It did make a difference in the install but not
Old 01-23-2021, 05:08 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
To give an update on the 992 brake pedal mounting bracket, this is only for the manual cars. For more than 10 customers have already installed it on the PDK/automatic cars (even a few posted in this thread). We ordered a CF brake pedal from Porsche and already received the exact dimensions that are required for our mounting plate. Thank you for working with us as we are starting to machine them. The timeline is about 2-3 weeks at most, so all new orders will receive the product just as described and past orders will be sent the new plate. We are excited to be changing the pedal market with these and hope that you will enjoy them and spread the word!
Bit the bullet and placed mine last week and confirmed it is okay to ship to me now without the backing plate with the promise of the newly machined one coming soon. Not a big issue to swap out for it once installed. Hope no issues with the throttle pedal install as mentioned above. Not tracking the car so should be okay. Pics to come soon.

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 01-23-2021 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:57 AM
Numeric Racing
Former Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

Hello, as we all know with the late deliveries and the 2020 setback it was difficult to get a Porsche 992 directly into our shop. So we had a dealer of ours do the install of our shifter for testing, the shifter can and does work exactly for the 992 (we will be doing an install video and a step-by-step guide of an install soon, for we understand and want the direct customers to do installs instead of having to go to dealers to do them), also your local Porsche dealership or a dealer from our approved dealerships from our website will have no problem doing an install. We understand that the part numbers are different, but so is the part numbers for the 996 and 997 shifter housing but yet it is EXACTLY the same. We believe Porsche does this just to have customers believe that they aren't reusing parts (because who wants to buy a 992 but yet have parts exactly from a 991). This also goes for the pedals, the gas pedal housing is exactly the same for the 991/992/981/718 but all four of them use different part numbers (how do we know this?) because we have all four gas pedal assemblies and have tested it on every single one. They have done this for the brake/clutch and dead pedal also (the covers for them). Our set doesn't affect the forward and aft of your driving experience, as we have advertised a smooth and wider/ more surface area driving experience instead. Yes, overall our brake and clutch pedal are thicker from the mating face to the driver, but by only 5mm or 0.2" (compared to stock) but then so is the gas pedal so it cancels out the small distance change anyways. If the forward and aft would be desired to change, then the clutch and brake pedal lever must be adjusted, not the thickness of our pedals (for only a few mm change is possible). Also, for the 3 piece pedals a thinner pedal (a size that is comparable to stock) is used for it is not needed as for the MT. That also gives the MT drivers an option for a smaller pedal for the larger feet drivers.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:50 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Super easy install. Using the Numeric Racing video it probably took me about 15-20 minutes. The two biggest time sucks were trying to install the brake pedal upside-down and then tightening the 6 bolts on the brake pedal.

Looks super cool. Can’t wait to drive it. It does reduce the space between the throttle and the brake (on PDK) quite a bit, but I don’t think this will be an issue for me.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:19 PM
Numeric Racing
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by markchristenson
Super easy install. Using the Numeric Racing video it probably took me about 15-20 minutes. The two biggest time sucks were trying to install the brake pedal upside-down and then tightening the 6 bolts on the brake pedal.

Looks super cool. Can’t wait to drive it. It does reduce the space between the throttle and the brake (on PDK) quite a bit, but I don’t think this will be an issue for me.
Drop a picture!!
Old 02-06-2021, 01:51 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,740 Likes on 776 Posts

Installed mine about a week ago. I like the pedals a ton, definitely easier to heel/toe with the Numeric Gas pedal.

The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (02-12-2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 03:49 PM
Numeric Racing
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
Installed mine about a week ago. I like the pedals a ton, definitely easier to heel/toe with the Numeric Gas pedal.
They look great! Excited to hear that you love them.

Also, all new backing plates have been tested and shipped to customers that already ordered from us.

Old 02-15-2021, 02:12 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Okay got mine about 2 weeks ago and finally got around to the install today! Not bad and video YouTube instructions were easy to track and follow. Gotta be a bit of an acrobatic athlete to get into the wheel well for install and at times found myself upside on my back in order to get leverage especially on the back of the pedals screws using the small T20 torque wrench (wonder if a lift or something would have been better?). Otherwise great look and easy DITY job. Didn’t have to disconnect the accelerator pedal assembly to get the new pedal done which was good just beware the wire connector is pretty short and don’t want to twist it too much and damage it. Otherwise rear of pedals were easy. I have a MY21 with the carbon fiber brake pedal so I have the plastic cut backing pedal while I wait for the new machines part to be sent..fit was great but will say due to the contortions which some of the install required not looking forward to removal abs attachment of the new metal plate when it arrives. Otherwise well done and great looking set of pedal. Will comment on driving impressions later...haven’t driven the car yet with them on!

Dead pedal removal - trim pry tool not included

Pedal removal cont’d

Accelerator assembly removed

Numeric pedal lock screw - installed

New numeric pedals install completed!
SamD (02-15-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 08:26 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

PS. Great work! The 2020's 992 also have the CF break pedal. Just wanted to clarify, as others may be wondering. Also my new machined part is on its way from Numeric, so will be fitting it once it comes to complete the job...
Old 02-27-2021, 09:39 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Got my replacement part also a week ago. Install or shall I say reinstall was easy. Now looks great and quite pleased! Porsche should offer as a dealer/vendor upgrade IMHO.

Replacement and temp plastic brake backing pedals.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:01 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,367 Likes on 1,533 Posts

Update to this thread. I cannot recommend these pedals until Numerica Racing either modifies them or offers some kind of rubber grommets to go into the face of the pedals. They are far too slippery when its been raining out and your shoes have moisture on the soles, even rubber sole shoes. While I normally don't drive my 992 in the rain, I was caught in it this week and I could not believe how slick these are when wet.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:35 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drcollie
Update to this thread. I cannot recommend these pedals until Numerica Racing either modifies them or offers some kind of rubber grommets to go into the face of the pedals. They are far too slippery when its been raining out and your shoes have moisture on the soles, even rubber sole shoes. While I normally don't drive my 992 in the rain, I was caught in it this week and I could not believe how slick these are when wet.
I drive mine year round (snow, ice, rain, etc.). I put on mine when they first came out, and have not had any slippage with any shoes I have worn. I have even had leather sole dress shoes on when it was raining, and while there was a little slippage, nothing that bad. I also have a manual, so would think it would be amplified with pushing in the clutch often. I actually had so much slush in one drive (on my winter matts) that I was thinking there would be a problem, I did have rubber boots on - so maybe I need to try it with other types shoes that may have more slippage. I have not felt any with any of the shoes I have worn.
mdrobc1213 (05-10-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 12:43 AM
msile
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 68 Posts

Have not experienced any pedal slippage yet. I have jumped in with drenched shoes (Florida weather)
mdrobc1213 (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 05:19 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Tropical rain galore and so far no issues either for those who have concerns but it was in my thoughts when I first saw them as all of my previous pedal upgrades have had a rubber grommet or insets and I did wonder if these Numeric ones would be slick under wet settings. So far so good.

Quick Reply: Numeric Racing PDK Pedal Set