Sponsored by:

Numeric Racing PDK Pedal Set

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 02:34 PM
msile
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Numeric Racing PDK Pedal Set

Got my set on Friday. Opening the well-protected container, I understand why the pedals are expensive. They are a work of art and the quality and design are amazing. It is almost a shame to stomp on these. Installation was easy, and the feel (larger brake pedal and smoother weighted gas pedal) was good. Customer service was awesome as I tend to ask a lot of questions before installation.

Old 12-07-2020, 03:09 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

They look awesome! Thanks for the great feedback, you are the man!

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223
The following users liked this post:
msile (12-07-2020)
Old 12-07-2020, 03:20 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,255 Likes on 756 Posts

I have to admit, they do look good...
The following 2 users liked this post by .2PDK:
msile (12-07-2020), user 64927802 (01-12-2021)
Old 12-07-2020, 04:14 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by msile
Got my set on Friday. Opening the well-protected container, I understand why the pedals are expensive. They are a work of art and the quality and design are amazing. It is almost a shame to stomp on these. Installation was easy, and the feel (larger brake pedal and smoother weighted gas pedal) was good. Customer service was awesome as I tend to ask a lot of questions before installation.

would be interested to know the advantage of these compared to the OEM aluminum pedal option P19.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:17 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
would be interested to know the advantage of these compared to the OEM aluminum pedal option P19.
There is no advantage to the OEM Aluminum pedals over the OEM Stock pedals other than that they look better. They are still rubber slip ons and they gas pedal is still plastic. Our pedals are going to give you better grip, look much cleaner, and our gas pedal is going to give you a smoother action because of our bearings inside our gas pedal mechanism along with it reducing play due to it being 100% billet aluminum!
Old 12-07-2020, 04:39 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
There is no advantage to the OEM Aluminum pedals over the OEM Stock pedals other than that they look better. They are still rubber slip ons and they gas pedal is still plastic. Our pedals are going to give you better grip, look much cleaner, and our gas pedal is going to give you a smoother action because of our bearings inside our gas pedal mechanism along with it reducing play due to it being 100% billet aluminum!
thank you - always a plus to have the vendor’s positive view of their own product - with or without objective data.
The following users liked this post:
rdv (05-08-2021)
Old 12-07-2020, 04:48 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

thank you - always a plus to have the vendor’s positive view of their own product - with or without objective data.
Not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but it is an objective fact that there is no functional advantage to the OEM Aluminum Pedals other than that they look better. We wondered the same thing seeing that they were a $500 option and found out they mount on the exact same as the regular stock black pedals, just with rubber and plastic mounts.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:02 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but it is an objective fact that there is no functional advantage to the OEM Aluminum Pedals other than that they look better. We wondered the same thing seeing that they were a $500 option and found out they mount on the exact same as the regular stock black pedals, just with rubber and plastic mounts.
the comment was not meant in any way to be critical or negative to any degree - without objective data, there is no basis for that.

but in any case, objective data would be helpful:
relative friction/slip coefficient of the pedal surfaces, rigidity, and rotational resistance.

ps - the OEM option is more expensive ($600+ as I recall)
Old 12-07-2020, 05:48 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

the comment was not meant in any way to be critical or negative to any degree - without objective data, there is no basis for that.

but in any case, objective data would be helpful:
relative friction/slip coefficient of the pedal surfaces, rigidity, and rotational resistance.

ps - the OEM option is more expensive ($600+ as I recall)
Yes you are correct and do bring up some great points, performing a handful of tests to receive the coefficient of friction (both static and dynamic) between our pedals and a common rubber soled shoe could be done to give a more supportive numerical value. But just off some observation it would seem that our hex design provides more grip than the stock plastic one or the OEM aluminum pedal due to the edges of the hex's that would catch grip on your shoe. But we will definitely look into doing some of those tests to provide you with more information! And for rigidity, our pedal is 8mm thick billet aluminum (very rigid) compared to plastic pedals. It would take Hulk himself to bend these pedals LOL. And the rotational resistance of a ball bearing in comparison to a plastic that is being bent is incomparable.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:55 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Yes you are correct and do bring up some great points, performing a handful of tests to receive the coefficient of friction (both static and dynamic) between our pedals and a common rubber soled shoe could be done to give a more supportive numerical value. But just off some observation it would seem that our hex design provides more grip than the stock plastic one or the OEM aluminum pedal due to the edges of the hex's that would catch grip on your shoe. But we will definitely look into doing some of those tests to provide you with more information! And for rigidity, our pedal is 8mm thick billet aluminum (very rigid) compared to plastic pedals. It would take Hulk himself to bend these pedals LOL. And the rotational resistance of a ball bearing in comparison to a plastic that is being bent is incomparable.
Thank you very much
Old 12-10-2020, 01:01 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by .2PDK
I have to admit, they do look good...
We would have to agree!
Old 12-10-2020, 05:41 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Spend some time in the 992 area and enjoy more posts like that.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:52 PM
smartbot
Instructor

Received 175 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by msile
OP, did you have any issues installing the brake pedal? I just ordered a set and when I was trying to install the brake pedal I noticed there is a gap between the back plate and the front pedal. I wonder if this is just an issue with the 992? In the Numeric video it shows a tight fit for the 991...

Old 12-25-2020, 01:49 PM
porschestorm
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!!
Old 12-25-2020, 01:58 PM
msile
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 68 Posts

The pedal is a tight fit. But the gap will close once it is on there. Put the top screws in with just a few threads. Then squeeze the bottom together. It is easier with a clamp with rubber faces so it does not scratch the pedals. Then put the middle screws in and tighten it as much as you can without stripping the screw. Finally put the bottom ones in.

Last edited by msile; 12-25-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Numeric Racing PDK Pedal Set