Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Numeric Racing PDK Pedal Set

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 03:57 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

Nice...may look into a pair. but wish they came in black. Don't need aluminum in my car setup.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:49 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Nice...may look into a pair. but wish they came in black. Don't need aluminum in my car setup.
They do come in black!
Old 01-10-2021, 09:53 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Unless something has changed since I purchased mine in October, the do come in black. I chose the aluminum because I have never owned anything that was anodized or coated black that didn't scratch or wear down to the metal eventually.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:09 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,194 Likes on 1,480 Posts

I just got my Numeric Racing pedals and what really shocks me is how cheap the plastic pedals are on my 2021 992 S. I had no idea because I have never taken them off before. There is nothing to them, they are wafer-thin ABS plastic with a cheap aluminum channel overlay strip to make them look nice when sitting in the seat. Once you pull them off, you will say "Really Porsche? Come on". The brake pedal and clutch pedal are condom-like rubber overlays made in Korea. My car only has 200 miles on it and as you can see the dealer didn't remove the blue protective film over the accelerator and dead pedal. There is only a flexible hinge at the bottom of the OEM foot pedal that looks incredibly flimsy. I'm sure Porsche has tested it to not break, but I shook my head when I saw how marginal this was. When you pull off the OEM Dead Pedal, you will probably break a few of the tabs, I've seen Legos made stronger than that Dead Pedal.

And onto these beauties. Very nice machining, and where there is that flex hinge in plastic, Numeric Racing has a sleeved ball bearing as a hinge. These pedals are thick and substantial and are going to add a pound to your car weight. That's OK though, in my book, I like the construction of these.

A little tip during install, its MUCH - MUCH easier to get the OEM pedal out of the slot when you take the module out of the car. There's a single connector at the top of the accelerator pedal that has to come off, and you just slide the Red/Orange Retainer UP and the connector will come right off allowing you to take the assembly out of the vehicle. Once you have the assembly out of the car the release tab to slide the OEM pedal out is easy to operate. I struggled 15 minutes to do this in the car, so save that effort and just detach the plug and move it out - you'll thank me later.

The kit they sent me doesn't fit the brake pedal on the 2021 992 S. It may on prior model years, but the backing plate won't fit over the brake shaft, which is wider and a different shape from the clutch pedal (see photo 2). I have sent Numeric Racing a PM regarding this - not sure if they are aware of this fitment issue or not. The backing plate will need to be widened for 2021 manuals by about 1/4 to 3/8" unless I am doing something wrong. I may be able to fix this with a file and Dremel tool, going to work more on it today.

Last edited by drcollie; 01-10-2021 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:12 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by drcollie
I just got my Numeric Racing pedals and what really shocks me is how cheap the plastic pedals are on my 2021 992 S. I had no idea because I have never taken them off before. There is nothing to them, they are wafer-thin with a cheap aluminum channel overlay strip to make them look nice when sitting in the seat. Once you pull them off, you will say "Really Porsche? Come on". The brake pedal and clutch pedal are condom-like rubber overlays made in Korea. My car only has 200 miles on it and as you can see the dealer didn't remove the blue protective film over the accelerator and dead pedal. There is only a flexible hinge at the bottom of the OEM foot pedal that looks incredibly flimsy. I'm sure Porsche has tested it to not break, but I shook my head when I saw how marginal this was.

And onto these beauties. Very nice machining, and where there is that flex hinge in plastic, Numerica Racing has a sleeved ball bearing as a hinge. These pedals are thick and substantial and are going to add a pound or two to your car weight. That's OK though, in my book,

A little tip during install, its MUCH - MUCH easier to get the OEM pedal out of the slot when you take the module out of the car. There's a single connector at the top of the accelerator pedal that has to come off, and you just slide the Red/Orange Retainer UP and the connector will come right off allowing you to take the assembly out of the vehicle.
Okay—this is the post that is going to send me to Numeric to order replacements. I can’t believe how cheap looking the OEM pedals are when you get up close!
Old 01-10-2021, 12:49 PM
drcollie
Race Car

My car now has sexy pedals. These look great, haven’t driven the car yet but they feel good in the garage.

I had to modify the backer on the brake pedal but I have a serious garage with many air tools so I cut and ground it to fit. I’m sure Numeric Racing will get a quick fix for three pedal 2021 cars.

Old 01-10-2021, 12:50 PM
drcollie
Race Car

This is the back of the cheesy OEM Porsche Dead Pedal. What junk.
The following users liked this post:
SamD (01-10-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 07:27 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Spoke with Numeric Racing today and indeed, the 2021 992's have a carbon fiber / composite brake pedal shaft that the 2020's did not have. So they are ordering that part from Porsche and will mill a new backing plate for the 2021 cars. They expect to have the new brake backer plates available in 6 weeks or so.
The following users liked this post:
atl1glf (01-14-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 08:18 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,690 Likes on 754 Posts

Spoke with Numeric Racing today and indeed, the 2021 992's have a carbon fiber / composite brake pedal shaft that the 2020's did not have. So they are ordering that part from Porsche and will mill a new backing plate for the 2021 cars. They expect to have the new brake backer plates available in 6 weeks or so.
The 2020s (mine is March 2020 build) has the carbon break shaft.. I just ordered a set from Numeric over the weekend, I guess I will see if I have the same issue as the 2021 in the above picture.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:47 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
The 2020s (mine is March 2020 build) has the carbon break shaft.. I just ordered a set from Numeric over the weekend, I guess I will see if I have the same issue as the 2021 in the above picture.
I had done the same, but responded to my order confirmation and stated that I have a 2021. Hopefully they will hold my order until there is a fix.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:27 PM
drcollie
Race Car

I wonder when Porsche made the switch to the carbon fiber / composite brake pedal shaft? Do all the three pedal 992's have that, even 2020's? I don't really know, just assumed it was a 2021 model year change.

Unless you are prepared to whack away on the backing plate for the brake like I did (and get two longer screws for the bottom) you probably want to call them and have them hold your order.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:53 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts

This is the back of the cheesy OEM Porsche Dead Pedal. What junk.
How did you get the dead pedal off? Is it just pulled off and the new dead pedal pushed in?
Old 01-12-2021, 03:03 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Yes, just give it a pull, I broke two of the five tabs in removal. Porsche did not really design this to come off, its a one-time pressure fit. Having said that and knowing what I do now - if you want to try to save the tabs I would put some heat on it with a hair dryer to get it good and warm, then pull from each side to try to ease it off. Maybe it will come off clean.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:42 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

As mentioned I ordered a set from Numeric this weekend for my 2020 C4s Manual Transmission. They called to let me know that they are sending the set with a temporary 3D printed break pedal bracket, and will be manufacturing the replacement in about a month. That way I can install it right away, and just replace the base plate when the other arrives.

Really nice to have a vendor have good communications, come up with a temporary fix, and make it right. Nice!

Last edited by Richard_Wallace; 01-12-2021 at 05:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Richard_Wallace:
markchristenson (01-12-2021), wasabi4 (01-12-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 05:44 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

I wonder when Porsche made the switch to the carbon fiber / composite brake pedal shaft? Do all the three pedal 992's have that, even 2020's? I don't really know, just assumed it was a 2021 model year change.

Unless you are prepared to whack away on the backing plate for the brake like I did (and get two longer screws for the bottom) you probably want to call them and have them hold your order.
To my knowledge all 992 Manuals (I think I have one of the first few in the US) have the CF break pedal.

Quick Reply: Numeric Racing PDK Pedal Set