Sponsored by:

Should I buy or wait?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 12:00 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Haha. My girl is 9 and giggles every time I gun it. My wife hates it, but the girl eggs me on. Chip off the old block.
Enjoy every moment of it. I've been in that phase where I'm her hero and she is in love with me for a few years now. She just melts my heart.
The following 4 users liked this post by gravedgr:
AlexCeres (11-19-2020), dribar (11-19-2020), Helios59 (11-20-2020), markchristenson (11-19-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 01:09 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

The sooner you buy, the sooner you drive. The regret is not buying it earlier.
The following 3 users liked this post by John Mclane:
AlexCeres (11-19-2020), Russian Mafia (11-19-2020), wasabi4 (11-19-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 11:43 AM
michael818
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
CPO probably not the best deal nowadays. Not like it used to be.

GTS allocations won't open up for awhile and they will likely be hard to come by. Forget discounts of any significant degree on those cars. Something to keep in mind. Overall you could be looking at a few years of wait time.

Kids can fit in the backseat up to a certain point. The 911 is the ultimate dad sports car and I love taking my little girl on drives. She enjoys it too. That is fleeting and I know it won't last. I'd rather not miss those moments -- buy now.

Why do you think that the CPO is not the best deal right now, just curious? I bought my CPO with 4K miles for $20K under MSRP at 6 months old. That's not including the PPF the previous owner had installed and the prepaid service contract that the dealer added. In the last 10 years I have purchased two CPO 911's and a new 911 and a new Cayman. I'm not seeing CPO as a bad deal although you sometimes don't get everything exactly the way you want it.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:13 PM
amelen
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by michael818
Why do you think that the CPO is not the best deal right now, just curious? I bought my CPO with 4K miles for $20K under MSRP at 6 months old. That's not including the PPF the previous owner had installed and the prepaid service contract that the dealer added. In the last 10 years I have purchased two CPO 911's and a new 911 and a new Cayman. I'm not seeing CPO as a bad deal although you sometimes don't get everything exactly the way you want it.
I can't answer for the OP that you quoted, but just looking at deals right now - while a CPO 911 can be had for 15% off, a new one would be 8% off and built-to-spec. At that point, I think for the 7% delta you get exactly what you asked for. Not to say CPO's are a bad deal - my Panamera is a CPO that I got with 1k miles on it that was a great deal (I think it was 25% off MSRP). The 911 market is just tight now (inventory is very limited), so dealers are jacking up the CPO prices from what I can tell.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:08 AM
michael818
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
I can't answer for the OP that you quoted, but just looking at deals right now - while a CPO 911 can be had for 15% off, a new one would be 8% off and built-to-spec. At that point, I think for the 7% delta you get exactly what you asked for. Not to say CPO's are a bad deal - my Panamera is a CPO that I got with 1k miles on it that was a great deal (I think it was 25% off MSRP). The 911 market is just tight now (inventory is very limited), so dealers are jacking up the CPO prices from what I can tell.
That's interesting, I hadn't realized that the prices on CPO were being raised.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:55 AM
aquatone
Instructor

Received 169 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
You have been offered 8% off a new build-to-spec 911 allocation? (not off the lot) Given the tight inventory, I have not seen any discounts in that range. Where was that or is this a result of your special relationship with dealers?
Old 11-20-2020, 10:59 AM
amelen
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by aquatone
You have been offered 8% off a new build-to-spec 911 allocation? (not off the lot) Given the tight inventory, I have not seen any discounts in that range. Where was that or is this a result of your special relationship with dealers?
I have not, but have a business relationship with a few dealerships and from past chats, feel like I can land somewhere there. A couple of people I know got 6% off recently without much hassle by the way. Inventory is super tight, but it will catch up soon - lots of cars are inbound to be delivered to dealerships in the next few days/weeks.

Quick Reply: Should I buy or wait?