C4 or C2S with RAS

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 03:07 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,876 Likes on 1,516 Posts

Originally Posted by Xsulai
Saudi Arabia
Thanks - never been to the middle east so can't really comment on AWD for local conditions. A good friend who had a 997 GT3 in Abu Dhabi for a couple of years seemed happy with it, although he did mention the cars delivered there had extra cooling and A/C installed.

Here in virtually year-round summer SoCal it's totally not needed, even with the odd storm and slippery freeways.

Last edited by aggie57; 09-30-2020 at 03:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
G650 (10-01-2020)
Old 09-30-2020, 03:42 PM
Xsulai
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aggie57
Thanks - never been to the middle east so can't really comment on AWD for local conditions. A good friend who had a 997 GT3 in Abu Dhabi for a couple of years seemed happy with it, although he did mention the cars delivered there had extra cooling and A/C installed.

Here in virtually year-round summer SoCal it's totally not needed, even with the odd storm and slippery freeways.
it get sand outside the city but it doesn’t affect driving. That much but the paint get destroyed 😫.
the issue when it rains. It rains mud literally and that thing can be slippery (talking about my city Riyadh).

About the extra cooling it is true for some cars idk about Porsche but I believe it does.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:03 AM
py0413
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 36 Posts

If you are only keeping the car only for a few years, might as well select it and experience the difference it makes. It’s noticeable but better or not, as driving experience goes, I think it’s still a personal preference.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:42 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I test drove 992 4s and 992 s , both coupes with Rear wheel steer on summer OEM tries in early Feb of 2020 . It was about 55 F in north east USA and dry roads . The C4s had no traction issues when accelerating hard from stop and was very confident inspiring around bends leading to highway merge . In the c2s on the same day the traction light came on for a second when accelerating hard from stop , moved a little and then was fine , c2s was aslo fine arounds bends but not as confident as c4s. The c4s did a small wiggle around one of the bends which was fun but not scary at all

I could not discern much what the rear wheel steer was doing in either coupes , i felt rws effect more in 991.2 .

Now that long test drive was in 50's weather in early Feb on a sunny day, Above 65 or 70 degree weather may be the C2s is more agile and c4s too sticky and less playful ? I donno
Old 10-01-2020, 03:48 PM
Marantz2270
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by casaforte9
I test drove 992 4s and 992 s , both coupes with Rear wheel steer on summer OEM tries in early Feb of 2020 . It was about 55 F in north east USA and dry roads . The C4s had no traction issues when accelerating hard from stop and was very confident inspiring around bends leading to highway merge . In the c2s on the same day the traction light came on for a second when accelerating hard from stop , moved a little and then was fine , c2s was aslo fine arounds bends but not as confident as c4s. The c4s did a small wiggle around one of the bends which was fun but not scary at all

I could not discern much what the rear wheel steer was doing in either coupes , i felt rws effect more in 991.2 .

Now that long test drive was in 50's weather in early Feb on a sunny day, Above 65 or 70 degree weather may be the C2s is more agile and c4s too sticky and less playful ? I donno
Were the cars running summer rubber?

If it was a test drive in that weather on cold tires, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that hard accelerations from stop engaged traction control in the C2S. Might've hooked up better 30 minutes later after a little tire warm-up time.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:25 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Yaa, it was summer tires on both cars , unfortunately I could not drive again in summer weather but during early spring c4s was more confidence inspiring .owners who have c4s ‘c2s May able to give a better feedback in all kindsa weather

Last edited by casaforte9; 10-01-2020 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:53 AM
Moa
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Xsulai
it get sand outside the city but it doesn’t affect driving. That much but the paint get destroyed 😫.
the issue when it rains. It rains mud literally and that thing can be slippery (talking about my city Riyadh).

About the extra cooling it is true for some cars idk about Porsche but I believe it does.
Hi pal,

We both live in Riyadh and have the sane dilemma haha. What did you end up getting and are you happy with your choice?

thanks a lot
Old 03-01-2022, 01:15 PM
Tompoodie
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by casaforte9

This experience based comparison of all-wheel versus rear wheel drive was efficiently worded and very nicely done!

Quick Reply: C4 or C2S with RAS