What mount is this?
https://nine-volt.com/products/wirel...qtRSI2GJIJmTAk
The following 2 users liked this post by KM20Turbo:
gellie (05-03-2023), Mb111 (05-17-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 01:53 PM
asunnyhero
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey @michael818 - I bought the Peak Design Magsafe wireless charger, attached it to the center console tub insert (the alternative to the cup holder) and used the installation instructions from
to route the cable from the inside of the center console to the tub insert.

In conjunction with the @innovativesoft Android Auto mod and the AAWireless dongle, I have my Google phone being charged, connecting wirelessly to full screen Android Auto, all without a cable in sight.

Oh and one more thing, the phone stays put even with the most aggressive launches! I'll post some photos when I get a sec, but it looks slick and not too 'Heath Robinson'!
The following users liked this post:
michael818 (05-03-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 01:57 PM
asunnyhero
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

Might be worth checking out this video, you can actually route the USB cable from your center console to under the cup holder, a little more elegant IMO

Old 05-06-2023, 12:12 PM
Evimero992
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw a few people go with this one. I love how it’s not as obtrusive. I turn it vertical now unlike pictured.

Old 05-15-2023, 05:42 PM
bluemodena
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did a similar install... Bought a non-branded mag charger off of
amazon amazon
. I just realized I never took a picture of it mounted, so I can't post it to compare. (And, my car is getting PPF'd currently, so I can't easily take a pic.). Used some spare VHB tape to secure it.

Where did you run the power? Mine sort of snakes off the edge where I tucked it in the knee pad to the cigarette lighter in the passenger foot well. The only visible wire you see is over the grey edge of the console.

Functionally, it works great, but when the sun is directly overhead I do get a nasty sun reflection off the phone.
Old 05-15-2023, 06:16 PM
Vsapra
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts

I bought this super cheap magnetic disc with double sided sticky tape on Amazon. Works perfectly for MagSafe. Rock solid no movement.

I run a charging wire from the armrest and 90% of the time it isn’t even plugged in.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:43 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,279 Likes on 729 Posts

Are these chargers not making your phone getting too hot? And how fast do they charge? Have some bad experience with wireless charging. Especially when applications run in the background such as CarPlay. Problem is that in the armrest this heat cannot escape. So always better with this solution.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:00 PM
figure1a
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
Are these chargers not making your phone getting too hot? And how fast do they charge? Have some bad experience with wireless charging. Especially when applications run in the background such as CarPlay. Problem is that in the armrest this heat cannot escape. So always better with this solution.
The hot phone and bad wireless charging is mostly due to the iPhones of the past few years having such a large camera bump which in turn creates a gap between the phone and the charging mat which leads to the phone struggling to charge and getting hot. The Nine Volt charger is probably the best because it is the fastest charger and the MagSafe magnet holds the phone flat on the charger so your phone can be replenished while CarPlay sucks all the juice out of it. Also, being out of the center console keeps the phone cool instead of being in a hot box.

Quick Reply: Phone mount/holder