Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Countermeasures install! (Photo Heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 11:22 PM
recarv
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
I used to run laser jammers 15 years ago when they first came onto the scene. I have to agree with you, laser enforcement is largely used in interstate highways, and busy multi lane roads...rarely is laser enforcement used on fun driving roads where I like to open up my cars.
Well, when you are speeding because you have a car that can get you 15+ mph over the speed limit in less than 2 seconds and if, for better or worse if on these forums, you are not exactly driving a sleeper and probably can afford an attorney and this setup, it makes sense to me. The odds of being picked in a group or alone go way up in a p-car, except when you're braking because you got a laser alert and ALP blocked it while the C8 vette next to you is smiling for the brief second because he finally "gapped a porsche" as he continues to accelerate. Guess how the story ends here...

An ALP won't make you "invisible", but it's gotten me the 3 seconds I needed to "blend back in" more times than I can count in my hometown, on the highway here in the commonwealth and as far afield as MA, or being hit from behind from an overpass in OH and beyond. Its no substitute for situational awareness, but paired with a Uniden for Ka, using Waze and watching brakes lights at tops of hills its worth it to have in my bag of tricks. Plus they're great parking sensors too YMMV, TETO, YOLO, IYKYK and all the other other acronyms - pick the ones you want.
The following users liked this post:
GlasWerksDMV (11-27-2023)
Old 11-27-2023, 09:54 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,651 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by recarv
Well, when you are speeding because you have a car that can get you 15+ mph over the speed limit in less than 2 seconds and if, for better or worse if on these forums, you are not exactly driving a sleeper and probably can afford an attorney and this setup, it makes sense to me. The odds of being picked in a group or alone go way up in a p-car, except when you're braking because you got a laser alert and ALP blocked it while the C8 vette next to you is smiling for the brief second because he finally "gapped a porsche" as he continues to accelerate. Guess how the story ends here...

An ALP won't make you "invisible", but it's gotten me the 3 seconds I needed to "blend back in" more times than I can count in my hometown, on the highway here in the commonwealth and as far afield as MA, or being hit from behind from an overpass in OH and beyond. Its no substitute for situational awareness, but paired with a Uniden for Ka, using Waze and watching brakes lights at tops of hills its worth it to have in my bag of tricks. Plus they're great parking sensors too YMMV, TETO, YOLO, IYKYK and all the other other acronyms - pick the ones you want.
^This. I do a 3 hour trip each way most weekends and the Laser/Radar systems in my cars have saved me more times than I can count. Its not really the cost savings as much as the peace of mind that I can run 20 over without much fear that brings the real value to me. I also have a basis for some "courtesy" from the LEOs and I suspect that they would be less likely to extend that courtesy if they see a radar detector hanging from my windshield - I know I would be in their shoes.

Quick Reply: 992 Countermeasures install! (Photo Heavy)