Sponsored by:

Disable brake assist - persistence

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 11:24 AM
Keith Morgan
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Disable brake assist - persistence

So, I really don't want the brake assist enabled. I'm not here to argue the merits of having it on or off, and yes, it's possible I'm a horribly irresponsible human being for wanting it disabled, but I wants what I wants.

So I go into "assists" and turn that feature off. I turn off lane keep assist, and the brake assist features. The next time I get in the car, I see that the lane keep assist remains disabled, but the brake assist has automatically turned itself back on.

1: Is this normal?
2. Is there a way I can keep the brake-assist turned off without manually switching it off every time I start the car?

Last edited by Keith Morgan; 09-15-2020 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:00 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 326 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Morgan
So, I really don't want the brake assist enabled. I'm not here to argue the merits of having it on or off, and yes, it's possible I'm a horribly irresponsible human being for wanting it disabled, but I wants what I wants.

So I go into "assists" and turn that feature off. I turn off lane keep assist, and the brake assist features. The next time I get in the car, I see that the lane keep assist remains disabled, but the brake assist has automatically turned itself back on.

1: Is this normal?
2. Is there a way I can keep the brake-assist turned off without manually switching it off every time I start the car?
Apparently this is normal and you cannot keep it off. According to the manual (page 171), Porsche Active Safe turns itself back on automatically: Porsche Active Safe (PAS - warning and brake assist) ... is activated automatically when the ignition is switched on.

The following 2 users liked this post by mikey94025:
G650 (09-15-2020), Keith Morgan (09-15-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Keith Morgan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikey94025
Apparently this is normal and you cannot keep it off. According to the manual (page 171), Porsche Active Safe turns itself back on automatically: Porsche Active Safe (PAS - warning and brake assist) ... is activated automatically when the ignition is switched on.
Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info. <sad_panda>
Old 09-15-2020, 12:22 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 756 Posts

You can turn it off on the assist menu. I drove my car in the track with no issues, it wouldn't be possible or allowed if the PAS stayed on.

I have a driver profile for track use, where all the assistance and other distractions are turned off. It kept it off even when cycling the ignition.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:24 PM
Keith Morgan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by John Mclane
You can turn it off on the assist menu. I drove my car in the track with no issues, it wouldn't be possible or allowed if the PAS stayed on.

I have a driver profile for track use, where all the assistance and other distractions are turned off. It kept it off even when cycling the ignition.
Huh! Mine is NOT staying off when cycling the ignition. The car goes in for pre-track tech inspection tomorrow. I'll ask the guys in the shop about it.

Seems like there's some inconsistent behavior.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:17 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Huh! Mine is NOT staying off when cycling the ignition. The car goes in for pre-track tech inspection tomorrow. I'll ask the guys in the shop about it.

Seems like there's some inconsistent behavior.
That sucks, depending on the organizer, they may not allow you in.

Heads up for the first hard braking. The seat belt will pull hard and stay like that until you unclick it. Scared me on the first bend...
Old 09-15-2020, 01:30 PM
Keith Morgan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by John Mclane
That sucks, depending on the organizer, they may not allow you in.

Heads up for the first hard braking. The seat belt will pull hard and stay like that until you unclick it. Scared me on the first bend...
The PCA groups I'll be running with will be fine with it, just as long as I disable it before heading out onto the pit lane. I keep a little paper checklist in my console for things like that.

Gopro = ON
AC = OFF
Wing = UP
Mode = SPORT+
Display = Tire Pressures
LapTimer = Started

And now I'll get to add:

Brake/Lane Assist = OFF

Old 09-15-2020, 01:32 PM
Keith Morgan
Intermediate

Oh! Also, LOL at the seatbelt pre-tensioner. Mine did that at the Glen. The pressure was REALLY tight. I laughed, knowing what it was. The car thought I was involved in a 17 minute long crash.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:35 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The PCA groups I'll be running with will be fine with it, just as long as I disable it before heading out onto the pit lane. I keep a little paper checklist in my console for things like that.

Gopro = ON
AC = OFF
Wing = UP
Mode = SPORT+
Display = Tire Pressures
LapTimer = Started

And now I'll get to add:

Brake/Lane Assist = OFF
Mine is similar. I find aggravating that I can't see the engine temps and the tire temps at the same time. I'm going to check out some of the right side cluster info options to make it easy to find the info I want. The scroll is too close to my gloved paws and I scroll the menu out of the TPMS screen all the time.
You should be able to create a driver profile that remembers at least part of those settings. Sport/wing it wont, but the rest it should
The following users liked this post:
Keith Morgan (09-15-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 09:53 AM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,627 Likes on 684 Posts

Deleted. wrong post

Last edited by Denny Swift; 11-29-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Disable brake assist - persistence