Sponsored by:

Interior Colors for a Chalk Exterior

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 08:33 PM
Millscl73
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interior Colors for a Chalk Exterior

Hi, all. I'm in the process of finalizing options for a Targa 4S build, and I'm really attracted to the chalk exterior (blacked out with satin black rims, black Targa bar, etc.). I was originally planning to go with the bordeaux/black interior but after looking around in the forums, etc., the black leather with the racing yellow (RY) deviated stitching keeps calling me, so to speak. I just think from an "interesting"/sporty/sophisticated look perspective, that black leather with the RY deviated stitching looks amazing to me (of course, I'd also do the RY tachometer and dial). However, I don't have a good idea of whether black leather/RY deviated stitching would actually go well with the chalk exterior or whether I should just stick with the bordeaux/black option, which seems more "safe" to me from a color combo perspective. Please note that if I do go bordeaux/black, from an overall cost perspective, I would not do deviated stitching; I would only do deviated stitching for the black leather. At any rate, while I realize that asking about colors involves a significant amount of personal taste and subjectivity, I would nonetheless love to hear any thoughts. Thanks so much!

PS--I'm a first time buyer so I'm completely new to this/have no prior experience with a 911 build.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:56 PM
gatorfast
Pro

Received 462 Likes on 262 Posts

I think the black/yellow interior will go great with chalk. Yellow is a great accent color with a chalk exterior.
The following 2 users liked this post by gatorfast:
Millscl73 (08-08-2020), Vintage72 (08-10-2020)
Old 08-08-2020, 09:04 PM
Iceman23
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Millscl73
Hi, all. I'm in the process of finalizing options for a Targa 4S build, and I'm really attracted to the chalk exterior (blacked out with satin black rims, black Targa bar, etc.). I was originally planning to go with the bordeaux/black interior but after looking around in the forums, etc., the black leather with the racing yellow (RY) deviated stitching keeps calling me, so to speak. I just think from an "interesting"/sporty/sophisticated look perspective, that black leather with the RY deviated stitching looks amazing to me (of course, I'd also do the RY tachometer and dial). However, I don't have a good idea of whether black leather/RY deviated stitching would actually go well with the chalk exterior or whether I should just stick with the bordeaux/black option, which seems more "safe" to me from a color combo perspective. Please note that if I do go bordeaux/black, from an overall cost perspective, I would not do deviated stitching; I would only do deviated stitching for the black leather. At any rate, while I realize that asking about colors involves a significant amount of personal taste and subjectivity, I would nonetheless love to hear any thoughts. Thanks so much!

PS--I'm a first time buyer so I'm completely new to this/have no prior experience with a 911 build.
I just finished putting my C2S cab on order and did chalk exterior. I ended up doing all black interior with Guards red stitching and seatbelts. I think it goes great. I tend to lean to colors that will pop like red or yellow. Best of luck and enjoy the ride.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:19 PM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 607 Likes on 248 Posts

Great choice on the Chalk exterior. I am ordering a 2021 Cayenne Turbo Coupe and Chalk is my likely color. I plan to do the Bordeaux Red/Black full leather interior. It looks amazing and has the deviated stitching on the top of the dash and door panels. I have a full black leather interior with yellow seat belts and yellow full deviated stitching in my White Carrera T. The interior looks good but to me, even with the deviated stitching to break things up, the black never pops like the red/black two tone interior.

Also I have a hard time paying over $5k for the deviated stitching package when all I am basically getting is a few rolls of colored thread.
The following users liked this post:
dj997 (07-09-2021)
Old 08-08-2020, 09:26 PM
Drizz
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 97 Posts

Not sure how that would look. I had a chalk Cayman S before the 992 and did black leather with chalk stitching and it looked great. Plus if you do the chalk stitching it’s no extra (at least with full leather) versus paying another $4K or so just for a different color thread on the seat.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:33 PM
Gables
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Black/Bordeaux looks awesome with Chalk. Black with Chalk stitching is a classic combo. Also consider truffle brown with chalk stitching. All great interior leather options.

Last edited by Gables; 08-09-2020 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:23 PM
Millscl73
Track Day

Originally Posted by Drizz
Not sure how that would look. I had a chalk Cayman S before the 992 and did black leather with chalk stitching and it looked great. Plus if you do the chalk stitching it’s no extra (at least with full leather) versus paying another $4K or so just for a different color thread on the seat.
But does the black/chalk no extra option include all of the areas that the deviated stitching option covers, like the steering wheel? Also, with a chalk exterior, it feels like getting chalk stitching is bland/not inspiring...or as they say, “matchy-matchy.” That said, as I noted in the OP, I’m a total noob here and just trying to find my footing. Thank you!
Old 08-08-2020, 10:24 PM
Millscl73
Track Day

Originally Posted by Gables
Black/burgundy looks awesome with Chalk. Black with Chalk stitching is a classic combo. Also consider truffle brown with chalk stitching. All great interior leather options.
Had not heretofore consisted truffle; will check that out. Thank you!
Old 08-08-2020, 11:30 PM
MFC993
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 77 Posts

Black / Bordeaux always blends well with perhaps black seat centers thrown in to give a bit more contrast ...
Old 08-08-2020, 11:54 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

I would do either Black/Bordeaux or Black Sport-Tex/Chalk stitching.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:58 AM
crimewave
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 127 Posts

My exterior is chalk and I went with chalk/slate grey interior. Super happy with it.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:04 AM
TJJ
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I’m thinking of a similar combination. Would you be so kind to share a photo?

Originally Posted by crimewave
My exterior is chalk and I went with chalk/slate grey interior. Super happy with it.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:54 AM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 227 Posts

This gentleman recently took delivery of a Cab with Chalk ext and Graphite Blue int with chalk stictching:

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1192...cabriolet.html
Old 08-09-2020, 03:32 PM
Kansas32
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by crimewave
Yes, please post pictures of the Chalk/Slate Gray combo. I’ve seen it in a Boxster with the gray interior and it looked fabulous but that interior color is a little different than the slate gray.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:54 PM
derekm
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 19 Posts

In the flesh, the red is a deeper colour; it seems to come out brighter in photos.

This is a better representation of the bordeaux red.
The following 2 users liked this post by derekm:
Charles Everson (04-25-2021), pawlie (08-12-2020)

Quick Reply: Interior Colors for a Chalk Exterior