Interior Colors for a Chalk Exterior

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 02:13 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Received 826 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by John Peter
looks good uk isn’t as glamorous though lol
Right... the Rolls Royces, Aston Martins and Range Rovers are ultra pedestrian ... 😂
Old 01-24-2021, 02:52 PM
997usa
Burning Brakes

Received 532 Likes on 271 Posts

I had a red interior M5 (F10), and a red interior Maserati Gran Turismo (amazing sound). While it looks sporty, it does become 'old' after a while. Pick red if it is an occasional driver. If it is a DD, you may get tired of it soon.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:58 PM
crimewave
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 127 Posts

chalk on chalk, can't go wrong
Old 01-24-2021, 05:27 PM
user 64927802
Banned

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Millscl73
Hi, all. I'm in the process of finalizing options for a Targa 4S build, and I'm really attracted to the chalk exterior (blacked out with satin black rims, black Targa bar, etc.). I was originally planning to go with the bordeaux/black interior but after looking around in the forums, etc., the black leather with the racing yellow (RY) deviated stitching keeps calling me, so to speak. I just think from an "interesting"/sporty/sophisticated look perspective, that black leather with the RY deviated stitching looks amazing to me (of course, I'd also do the RY tachometer and dial). However, I don't have a good idea of whether black leather/RY deviated stitching would actually go well with the chalk exterior or whether I should just stick with the bordeaux/black option, which seems more "safe" to me from a color combo perspective. Please note that if I do go bordeaux/black, from an overall cost perspective, I would not do deviated stitching; I would only do deviated stitching for the black leather. At any rate, while I realize that asking about colors involves a significant amount of personal taste and subjectivity, I would nonetheless love to hear any thoughts. Thanks so much!

PS--I'm a first time buyer so I'm completely new to this/have no prior experience with a 911 build.
My 992 C4S is in order in Chalk and I like things simple and have the black standard interior with red seat belts to match the breaks..
My second choice would have been black with chalk sticking and that's about it.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:45 PM
derekm
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by John Peter
you still pleased with it ?
Delighted. Never tire of it. Still a treat to the eye whenever I get in it. Had it just over a year and would choose exactly the same again.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:39 PM
Hp12c
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by crimewave
chalk on chalk, can't go wrong
I have chalk + sporttex, but think chalk + chalk would be amazing, and I might throw some chalk painted carrera S wheels on there too! Kind of a futuristic update to all those white on white + white wheel 80's 911's.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:35 AM
STIGETTE
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I have Chalk exterior with satin black wheels, emblems etc. I went with black leather interior with Chalk stitching and added the chrono in Guards Red for a pop of colour. I don't know about yellow with Chalk- it think red would be a better stitching colour (and sportier than the Chalk stitching i went with). I'd say i went safe with my interior...maybe too safe. But I really wanted Chalk seatbelts and was worried the red stitching might be too much with the seat belt choice.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:21 AM
cheric
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chalk with slate grey/chalk interior

Originally Posted by crimewave
My exterior is chalk and I went with chalk/slate grey interior. Super happy with it.
Still happy with it? I like it a lot in the configurator but am afraid it may all end up too light? I want to use red deviated stiching and seatbelts along with blacked out calipers and red side and motorsport decals ... any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Interior Colors for a Chalk Exterior