Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grade a build for a 1st timer - a bit of color help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2020 | 07:58 AM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by squid42
Are the 14-way seats' backs still covered by default?
I haven’t sat in 992 18 ways but for me when I drove 991s, 18s were night and day, a must have. At least in the 992 it’s a dark plastic

Originally Posted by daddyscar
Another vote against truffle with carmine red. Truffle is a better match with silver, black, white. The standard black/mojave beige interior looks good with carmine. Isn't truffle a $6k option? Use that on ceramic brakes instead and thoroughly enjoy brake dust free living with the carrera exclusive design wheels. Don't forget the matching yellow seat belts.

9k for ccb would be great but I just can’t justify it at this time. Maybe On the next one

Originally Posted by FSB
Thanks!

rear insert looks great too

your car has been an Inspiration the whole time.
Old 08-28-2020 | 05:30 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

I updated the beginning - ditched the truffle

Down to a few final questions - skipped leather on the backs of the 18s for ACC and some alcantara.

Final Question: what color belts for the Black with chalk stitching? I'm not spec'ing a sunroof so some color would be good. Could add a SC/Tach in color too.
Safe: Chalk
Daring: Yellow
Not sure how theyd go with the exterior: Bordeaux or Guards

Added the pics to the top.

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2020 | 06:29 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by protamine
I updated the beginning - ditched the truffle

Down to a few final questions - skipped leather on the backs of the 18s for ACC and some alcantara.

Final Question: what color belts for the Black with chalk stitching? I'm not spec'ing a sunroof so some color would be good. Could add a SC/Tach in color too.
Safe: Chalk
Daring: Yellow
Not sure how theyd go with the exterior: Bordeaux or Guards

Added the pics to the top.

Thanks!
Chalk belts would work (but better with just black in my view)...whatever you do with tach and SC make 'em the same (white would best with chalk IMO). Please, please please don't ruin a very nice build with yellow belts lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by gcurnew:
Master Deep (08-28-2020), protamine (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020 | 06:50 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gcurnew
Chalk belts would work (but better with just black in my view)...whatever you do with tach and SC make 'em the same (white would best with chalk IMO). Please, please please don't ruin a very nice build with yellow belts lol.
I agree. I'd shy away from yellow belts. TBH I'd avoid colored dials and seatbelts and use that money for more leather options or other options you like. On an Aventurine/Truffle C2S Cab build I put the money into leather steering column casing, 18 way leather seat backs, and 930 leather package quilted stitching.
The following users liked this post:
protamine (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020 | 11:15 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

No Yellow or Red Seat belts! Seat belts should be ever present but IMHO they should not draw the focus of your eyes. They're not even supposed to be the "Supporting Cast". Please don't make the walk on, silent "Extras" the "Stars" of the show.
Old 09-01-2020 | 08:10 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shouston3
Surgeon here, 5 years out of fellowship. I drove a Honda Civic my first year out but quickly moved into Porsche (Macan GTS, Panamera 4S) and just took delivery of 992 4S this week. Absolutely amazing car and you will be extremely happy. Interestingly, one of my partners actually had a patient say, “my cardiologist is excellent and he drives Porsche, so I’m wondering about you as you are driving a Honda.” So it can go both ways, but after having Porsche vehicles for 4 years now, I’ve only received positive comments from patients and staff. My partners are into cars as well so no animosity there when one of us gets a new one, as we are actually excited and help with optioning! Life is short, go for it!!

992 4S
Gentian Blue
Sport Pkg
PCCB
RAS
PASM
add the K40 radar detector for street driving

Great build by a mid career doc!

Quick Reply: Grade a build for a 1st timer - a bit of color help