Sponsored by:

992 targa allocations and build advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 09:08 PM
drkm3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drkm3
One of NY dealer wants $6K over MSRP for GTS Targa.
It was $60K. Sorry for confusion.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:52 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
Sorry I took your car, Dan. I am sure you never thought it would be almost two years and still no Targa 4S allocation. But what about a Targa GTS? None of those either?
I love my car, by the way (obviously). 8500 happy miles and counting!
Lol, glad you love it! I needed a MT, so it’s worth the wait. I bought a Boxster GTS and loved it, but sold it late fall for more than I paid for it. They told me my allocation was coming up soon, so we will see. I’ve certainly had enough time on the configurator at this point!
The following users liked this post:
Go Bruins (01-25-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 07:35 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

My new 2022 Targa 4S is sitting in my garage in NJ. Just made arrangements to bring it down to South Florida and swap it out with my 2008 C2S which is going North. I was given the ultimatun by my wife to either use it or sell. it. Looking forward to driving it. Only 600 miles since May 9th.

2022 Porsche 911 Targa 4S - Bing video

Last edited by mjsporsche; 01-25-2023 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-26-2023, 05:58 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Excelsior- this is a Porsche forum not a Lexus forum the last time I checked. Yes- “there is no substitute” for a 911 - not an unusual belief within the community that frequents these discussions. In fact - a Lexus luxury two door car that very few people actually buy - and often sit on a Lexus dealers lot for months despite offering discounts - does not compare to a $100,000 Porsche sports car in the opinion- not surprisingly- of most forums members on a Rennlist.

There will be literally thousands of Porsche enthusiasts at Rennsport in Monterey and at the Porsche Parade in Palm Springs in 2023 - yet You might have a great time at the LC500 Lexus gathering of thousands of that cars fans wherever that is scheduled to be held this year.

you seem very surprised that a forum frequented by Porsche fanboys that are obsessed with Owning, driving and discussing Porsche sports cars actually believe “ there is no substitute”?

Yes- there are Ferrari guys who love their Ferrari sports car and who believe their cars are far better vehicles than Porsche. I have friends that firmly believe their Corvettes are much better cars than a Porsche - yet many have never driven a Porsche.

I personally have owned Lexus vehicles ( Toyota’s with fancier parts and pieces) and an NSX and Corvettes and I don’t view a $400,000 Ferrari as compared to owning four almost new Porsche vehicles as interesting.
The following users liked this post:
kimbersm (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 10:26 AM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 772 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by excelsiorz
Seriously? A snooty attitude? "There is no substitute." At least tell me you have a GT3 RS or something similar? Or perhaps a 918? Carrera GT? Again, you might want to get off your high horse as there are many in say, for example, the Ferrari community who look at Porsches the way you are looking at the LC 500. I would not take the snooty attitude for I assure you if you pulled along side me or someone else in, e.g., an F8, 812 or an Aventador, they might well look down their noses at your mass produced, relatively inexpensive 911. Porsche delivered more than 300,000 cars last year, of which more than 40,400 were 911! In the Ferrari community we lament Ferrari producing so many cars! Yet including all of their models Ferrari sold about 12,000 cars last year (compared to Porsche's 300,000 plus. Next time you have this attitude think what its like when you see a guy or gal pull alongside you in a Ferrari/Bugatti/Lamborghini/Pagani,etc.. I suspect they won't have that attitude as they are wise enough to know the guy driving the Porsche, or Ford F150, may have a collection of exotic cars back in their garage.

\
Another idiot lumping all 911 owners in to one group. Many of us driving our 911's don't care what you or others think of how it compares to anything else. I drive mine because of MY enjoyment and the fact you can beat the wee-wee out of a 911 and still drive it the next day without billions in service / maintainance costs. As for production numbers, I only wish they would make more so others would not be forced to wait for the happiness ownership delivers.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:21 PM
inthesticks
Racer

Received 363 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by drkm3
It was $60K. Sorry for confusion.
that makes a lot more sense

Quick Reply: 992 targa allocations and build advice