Sponsored by:

H&R springs or techart

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 08:12 PM
akant540
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default H&R springs or techart

I have a 992 carrera s ...was thinking of lowering for a more aggressive look...Anyone have experience with the ride comfort and how it will affect the dynamics of handling?
Old 06-08-2020, 11:35 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 178 Likes on 155 Posts

We've had solid responses with the H&R springs.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 06-08-2020, 04:05 PM
Cheshi143
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by akant540
I have a 992 carrera s ...was thinking of lowering for a more aggressive look...Anyone have experience with the ride comfort and how it will affect the dynamics of handling?
I went with H&R for convenience. The ride is acceptable however the car is a tad too low. In retrospect I should have went with height adjustable springs on this platform. There is some slight adjustability on the OEM dampers in which you can adjust the spring perches. I left mine in the same configuration that the car was delivered in.

Here is a photo for reference purposes.

Name:  ETSgG3p.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  2.01 MB

The following 2 users liked this post by Cheshi143:
akant540 (06-08-2020), MattSheldon (08-04-2020)
Old 06-08-2020, 08:54 PM
Thot
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have any issue or dash alert after install H&R?

I installed 2 days ago and first 100 meter a light in my dash appeared.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:50 AM
JesseRohr
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Thot
Does anyone have any issue or dash alert after install H&R?

I installed 2 days ago and first 100 meter a light in my dash appeared.
Care to elaborate?
Old 06-09-2020, 11:40 AM
DallasVP17
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Why not KW height adjustable springs? I had them on my M3 CS and they were fantastic. No issues, much improved handling, and I could adjust based on how low I wanted the car.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:04 PM
Thot
7th Gear

Originally Posted by JesseRohr
Care to elaborate?
dashboard appeared an “an yellow coil” and asked me to drive safe until porsche center. The car is brand new, 100 miles on it. Today porsche scanned the car and look like a PASM fail. We’ll try change pasm module an use mine in a OEM car . Let’s see, otherwise i will to change the module.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:12 PM
wolfbane1967
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

What do you mean with this ?
"There is some slight adjustability on the OEM dampers in which you can adjust the spring perches."

The following 3 users liked this post by wolfbane1967:
dashanin (08-18-2020), speedyj (08-04-2020), Thot (06-09-2020)
Old 06-09-2020, 01:36 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,205 Likes on 2,716 Posts

Originally Posted by Thot
dashboard appeared an “an yellow coil” and asked me to drive safe until porsche center. The car is brand new, 100 miles on it. Today porsche scanned the car and look like a PASM fail. We’ll try change pasm module an use mine in a OEM car . Let’s see, otherwise i will to change the module.
Ouch. That's not good.

FYI per KW suspension on their HAS kit install:

"For vehicles with ESP, DSC or EPC your new suspension components may cause an engine fault code to appear. This is only temporary as the vehicle electronics adjust to the new components/height. On some models this will end after driving approximately 3-5 miles, or through turning the steering wheel from full left to full right. On other models, this must be reset through the factory diagnostic port by a qualified technician."
The following users liked this post:
Thot (06-09-2020)
Old 06-09-2020, 02:09 PM
Thot
7th Gear

Originally Posted by rk-d
Ouch. That's not good.

FYI per KW suspension on their HAS kit install:

"For vehicles with ESP, DSC or EPC your new suspension components may cause an engine fault code to appear. This is only temporary as the vehicle electronics adjust to the new components/height. On some models this will end after driving approximately 3-5 miles, or through turning the steering wheel from full left to full right. On other models, this must be reset through the factory diagnostic port by a qualified technician."
i already drove for some miles but i didn’t try turn the steering wheel as you said... i will try it too ... now if you have any other idea Or suggestion i will be glab .

Old 06-09-2020, 06:09 PM
Cheshi143
Rennlist Member

I'm skeptical about the KW language. Too broad and more than likely not relevant to the 992. IMO if there is a suspension fault, either a sensor is not plugged in correctly or the ride height needs to be recalibrated. Not likley it is a PASM module, but electrical parts can fail. Typically not in the first few days of ownership.

I contacted H&R Springs to se if they are familiar with the issue you have described. They stated they they had no notes in the system. My car is going to a Porsche Motorsports suspension expert next week for a alignment. He has a PWISS III. I'll see if he knows anything about your issue or any recommendations to overcome the faults.

Last edited by Cheshi143; 06-09-2020 at 06:41 PM.
Thot (06-09-2020)
Old 06-09-2020, 07:32 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,205 Likes on 2,716 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheshi143
I'm skeptical about the KW language. Too broad and more than likely not relevant to the 992. IMO if there is a suspension fault, either a sensor is not plugged in correctly or the ride height needs to be recalibrated. Not likley it is a PASM module, but electrical parts can fail. Typically not in the first few days of ownership.

I contacted H&R Springs to se if they are familiar with the issue you have described. They stated they they had no notes in the system. My car is going to a Porsche Motorsports suspension expert next week for a alignment. He has a PWISS III. I'll see if he knows anything about your issue or any recommendations to overcome the faults.
Probably true and I thought the same thing. Nevertheless it's worth noting.

Unfortunately, Porsche may deny warranty claim on a PASM module (if that's the fault) based on the installation of springs. I'm frankly not sure how it's possible for a 30mm drop to cause significant damage, but it wouldn't surprise me if they claim this. You pay to play, of course.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:06 PM
BMWMB
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts

I went with H&R for convenience. The ride is acceptable however the car is a tad too low. In retrospect I should have went with height adjustable springs on this platform. There is some slight adjustability on the OEM dampers in which you can adjust the spring perches. I left mine in the same configuration that the car was delivered in.

Here is a photo for reference purposes.

Much too low for my taste.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:14 PM
Thot
7th Gear

we used same system and here what we found in my car. I will switch the module between cars and i’ll see what happen.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:42 PM
Cheshi143
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wolfbane1967
What do you mean with this ?
"There is some slight adjustability on the OEM dampers in which you can adjust the spring perches."
There are c-clips on the dampers that allow the perches to be adjusted (moved up or down a few mm). I suspect this is how Porsche is offering a few different ride heights based upon the package you select. I did not move my perches, but they did appear to not be in the lowest setting in my car.

If you look closely just below the perch there is a recess in the damper body which allows a clip to me moved. I did not do a ton of investigating at the time of install. Just took a mental note.

Name:  XZUJWSP.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  105.6 KB
BIGWORM (06-25-2021)

Quick Reply: H&R springs or techart