Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lane change assist not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 04:45 AM
AD992
Track Day

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I am facing the same issue, I believe it has something to do with the mirrors. My Porsche dealer said this is normal after PPF detailing and they will fix it once I bring it in.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:03 AM
Ian M
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 11 Posts

Further to my earlier post, my AD has had confirmed this week by Porsche Germany that the use of PPF on the rear bumper, over the area where the two radar sensors are, is 'not authorised'. '...The function of the LCA will be affected'

I can obtain no clarification as to why only some cars seem affected whilst others are not.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:01 AM
Poonstar
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got my car wrapped and the same LCA issues. On top of that the Front Parking sensors failed to engage too. Guess its to the dealer now. Hopefully not a big cost. Aside from that the car looks SICK! lol but still pretty annoyed.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:58 AM
tarrat
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default LCA not working after PPF full wrap

It seems that the LCA radars in the rear bumper are either weaker than the 991 version, or calibrated different. Had a full wrap on my 992, STEK DYNOmatt. I get the warning that LCA is not working and then it goes gray to indicate it’s not available, but it is partially working. If a vehicle is next to me on either side, or in my blind spot slightly to my rear, the lights in the mirrors work fine. They do not work however if vehicles are approaching at speed from either side. Bumpers and mirrors were removed for the wrap and everything was recalibrated by the dealer after. This may explain why LCA works after some wraps, but not others, or in my case only works when other vehicles are close to the radars. Haven’t had time to see if the radars can be calibrated for sensitivity or not.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:28 AM
AD992
Track Day

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AD992
I am facing the same issue, I believe it has something to do with the mirrors. My Porsche dealer said this is normal after PPF detailing and they will fix it once I bring it in.
Update: I brought the car 2 days ago and they resolved it. Apparently it was battery that got drained, they charged it overnight and it resolved the issue!

FYI, I have full PPF on the car.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:10 PM
AG1
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

Just got my car PPF'd, now having the same issue. Has anyone resolved this without removing PPF? Can the dealership adjust sensitivity?
Old 01-27-2021, 06:01 PM
Garmin935
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AG1
Just got my car PPF'd, now having the same issue. Has anyone resolved this without removing PPF? Can the dealership adjust sensitivity?
I’m in the same boat. Got full car XPEL including rear bumper. Nothing was removed (not the mirrors and not the bumpers). Actually was a pretty crappy job by the local shop. Didn’t wrap around edges.

Anyway, drove car home after the PPF installation yesterday without any problems. Drove 10 miles today in heavy rain and then the “Lane Change Assist Not Available. Service Required” message appeared. Drove home. Parked. Shut off engine and restarted. Message still there. Car still wet. Has anyone had this issue just from rain? My X5 loses blind spot monitoring in heavy rain until it dries out. Any insight appreciated.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:46 PM
AG1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Garmin935
I’m in the same boat. Got full car XPEL including rear bumper. Nothing was removed (not the mirrors and not the bumpers). Actually was a pretty crappy job by the local shop. Didn’t wrap around edges.

Anyway, drove car home after the PPF installation yesterday without any problems. Drove 10 miles today in heavy rain and then the “Lane Change Assist Not Available. Service Required” message appeared. Drove home. Parked. Shut off engine and restarted. Message still there. Car still wet. Has anyone had this issue just from rain? My X5 loses blind spot monitoring in heavy rain until it dries out. Any insight appreciated.
My issue was not specifically in the rain. In my case, the PPF shop removed the mirrors so that the side PPF would be one piece. Apparently, removing the mirrors while the ignition is on causes a fault and the fault has to be cleared by the dealership. For me, they dealership charged me $250 to clear the fault and everything has been working since then.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:49 PM
Garmin935
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AG1
My issue was not specifically in the rain. In my case, the PPF shop removed the mirrors so that the side PPF would be one piece. Apparently, removing the mirrors while the ignition is on causes a fault and the fault has to be cleared by the dealership. For me, they dealership charged me $250 to clear the fault and everything has been working since then.
did you wrap your rear bumper?
Old 01-27-2021, 11:53 PM
AG1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Garmin935
did you wrap your rear bumper?
Yes.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:16 PM
phaun16
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I just had delivery of a C2 on Tuesday. Did wrap front; not the rear.

But today, driving home, I said to myself, maybe there is something wrong with the sensors based on everything written here about PPF on the rear. Then, the dreaded thought---called my SA, "Wasn't LCA on the build sheet?" "sure isn't, have it right here" ARRGHHH! 17 iterations and I left off the LCA, while every other one had it; and not worth adding/or even possible.

So, first if it's never worked, double check that.

But, I guess in good news, it wont break.
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (01-28-2021)

Quick Reply: lane change assist not working